Quantcast
Dealing with lazy/incompetent co-workers - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dealing with lazy/incompetent co-workers

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't hire the guy. It seems a little harsh to saddle him with the blame of ending up with this knob as a coworker.
    Being as I was part of a hiring team I can say that some people put on a facade during the interview then become completely opposite when hired.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Actually, after reading tirebob's comments I totally agree.

01RedDX, let him fuck up things he is supposed to know how to do, and call him out on it every single time. Maybe he'll just quit. It doesn't sound like he has much people who would support him anyways, so unleash fury. I would do this before it even gets to this point.

My Ride
    BB6

You never know if management will be on your side if you raise the issue. Last place I worked at, employees were expected to bring weaker peers on their team up to their level, and people who called out other people were blacklisted from promotion for not being team players

Just keep doing your thing and ignore the POS. Eventually he'll get his due or you'll move onto better things.

Quote Originally Posted by nicknolte View Post
    You never know if management will be on your side if you raise the issue. Last place I worked at, employees were expected to bring weaker peers on their team up to their level, and people who called out other people were blacklisted from promotion for not being team players

Just keep doing your thing and ignore the POS. Eventually he'll get his due or you'll move onto better things.
    I would never work for a company that does not back up their good employees so blacklist away! Don't be a pussy and go find work where you are valued.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Depends on the size of the company and the industry youre in. Some smaller trade companies wouldnt put up with this shit for 2 hours.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Then move on. There is no point work with incompetency.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I don't agree with that. I think it's a bit short sighted to simply leave a place because someone's not pulling their weight. You got bills to pay, don't you? Everyone needs to learn about their personal tolerances and what they'll accept before throwing in the towel.

Sure, it's way tougher when incompetency is unjustly rewarded. Sometimes management is ignorant about these things and sometimes they outright turn a blind eye to it. It doesn't mean that you can't address these things diplomatically.

The world is a huge place with tons of assholes, bullies, and incompetent individuals who lucked their way into a job. Learn which battles are worth fighting or grow up and get thicker skin because the world is very unfair. It doesn't make you less of a person because we all got shit to deal with in our workplace.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Ended up explaining to my boss that I would be able to work exceptionally faster and do a better job if I wasn't tasked with baby sitting this completely useless 60 year old.... the day after he was gone, and I was paired up with this much more competent millwright. Turns out we were to most productive team among the 8 other teams tasked with other duties during that whole plant shutdown. I was quite happy, as it made the world of difference when I actually had a useful co worker. I dont have much patience for idiot co workers, if the other person/people cant pull their own weight, they'll hear about it in a real hurry.

My Ride
    Silverado

Whoa. Welcome back!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ thanks buddy. It's been a long two years lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2