Quantcast
10 Course Chinese Wedding Dinner Options (Need Private Room for 20ish) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 10 Course Chinese Wedding Dinner Options (Need Private Room for 20ish)

Default 10 Course Chinese Wedding Dinner Options (Need Private Room for 20ish)

Hey yall,

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant in town that has a private room that sits maybe 20 people and serves the typical 10 course wedding dinner?

Thanks

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Most if not all the Chinese restaurants accommodate this. I personally have been to (some are long ago so memory fuzzy):

-Regency has rooms behind the reception counter. I think there are 3 rooms sized for 1, 4, and 4 tables; no idea if they charge you extra for not taking up all the tables in the room
    -Edgemont Palace has a room for 3ish tables
    -Forbidden City can move the room dividers; I think it ends up being 3-4 tables large
    -Soluxe has a secret room in the back behind all the mirrors; not sure what kind of baller status you need to compete with the Mainlanders that are generally there
    -Central Grand has a room of 3-4ish tables
    -Golden Central can be half sectioned off for 5-6ish tables
    -The place under Cultural Center (I've lost track of whatever name it is now) has a room of 4ish tables
    -T-Pot has room dividers for a section of 5ish tables?

Disclaimer: as Chinese as I am, I don't really enjoy these dinners so I'll leave it to someone else to tell you about the food

Wow thanks!
    I've been to every one of those places but never knew private sections were available.

My Ride
    NC1

Silver Dragon might be an option for you. When you go up the stairs they have that room to the right hand side that can be closed off. I had a b-day dinner thing there years ago for about 25ppl

My Ride
    Bicycle

Out of those listed only Edgemont Palace has a real room.

Pros, you don't have to worry about outside.
    Con, all 20 of you are stuck in a room for a 10 course dinner.

I can't judge food quality because my experiences was at least a decade ago and a lot of chefs back in the days had retired. Not sure how well Calgary attracted new chefs recently. Especially needs of Cantonese chefs has been on the decline as mainlanders took over and taste changed.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-10-2017 at 05:53 PM.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Silver Dragon - like max said, perfect for two tables of 10 in the front. most private way to go as it's an enclosed room. If you want bigger, it'll be in the back but that'll be about 6 tables and sectioned off by room dividers only. parking is a pita.
    Edgemont Palace - 3-4 tables in an enclosed room. good parking. Might not let you book during busy season with only 2 tables... all depends on your negotiating skills.
    Forbidden - will rarely move room dividers for two tables.
    Central Grand - same as above.

best choice listed out first. Other places listed in above posts, most of them don't have private rooms for 2 tables... usually bigger.