Quantcast
Great deal for data: BYOP minutes and 10 gigs - $60. BELL - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Great deal for data: BYOP minutes and 10 gigs - $60. BELL

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The herald reports that all these deals end Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    The Rogers store in Chinook wouldn't do it for me. He said their computers couldn't bring it up. Not sure if he was just being lazy or what. When I got home I logged into my Rogers account on their website and did it from there myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is indeed the case. The physical stores even have signs up advertising the deal. Rogers.com has it up their website too.
    So Fido will let me do it even though I am already on a contract with them and paying $110 for the same plan? My upgrade device today cost online shows $200 which is what I am guessing my buy-out is, are they going to ask me to pay that before they let me do it or is this offer not for existing customers at all?
    Like I said, I am thinking about going with Bell and just paying the extra $200 if they won't let existing customers do it?

I won't do Freedom...either stick with Fido if they let me do it or go with Bell if they won't. Hopefully these deals are still valid tomorrow as I plan to go to the local kiosks cause I don't want to waste my time on the phone.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Asian_defender View Post
    Ended up going to freedom. 32.50 for this
    Girlfriend got a note8, 100 down and 67.50 a month

I don't know why everyone complains about freedom. There is the odd time when I go back to 4G. Coverage wise I don't see why all the hate
    I haven't been on it since before they brought out LTE, but when they were on the 4G network the data speeds were usually fine, but I'd randomly get dropped calls, texts would get delayed incoming or outgoing. Any really crowded areas such as Chinook Mall or a music festival left me with little to no service. I was at Chasing Summer one year at Fort Calgary and spent 2/3 of the day not even being able to make a phone call trying to meet up with people. Hopefully their newer network treats you awesome though.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    How did you do it? Sign up a new account at Bell and then later call Fido to cancel? Or does Bell do it for you straight up and take care of cancelation etc? What if you're on a contract with Fido on the other side?

PS: I can't find anywhere that shows Bell's offer of $60 for 10GB data and unlimited everything on their site? Would like to check how long the offer is valid for.
    When you port your number the new provider takes care of everything for you. It cancels everything with your old provider and after a short wait brings your number over to them, and then your previous provider will send you a final bill which will have any debt with them such as your phone tab as well as a prorated bill for the number of days you've used in the month.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by relyt92 View Post
    I haven't been on it since before they brought out LTE, but when they were on the 4G network the data speeds were usually fine, but I'd randomly get dropped calls, texts would get delayed incoming or outgoing. Any really crowded areas such as Chinook Mall or a music festival left me with little to no service. I was at Chasing Summer one year at Fort Calgary and spent 2/3 of the day not even being able to make a phone call trying to meet up with people. Hopefully their newer network treats you awesome though.
    When you port your number the new provider takes care of everything for you. It cancels everything with your old provider and after a short wait brings your number over to them, and then your previous provider will send you a final bill which will have any debt with them such as your phone tab as well as a prorated bill for the number of days you've used in the month.
    Thank you for the clarification, that certainly helps! So if Fido tells me I can't have this new plan, I should just go to the Bell store and say I want to sign up for that $60 and 10GB promo and cancel my Fido account and port my number? They will take care of the rest and I eventually get a final bill from Fido?

How did you do it? Sign up a new account at Bell and then later call Fido to cancel? Or does Bell do it for you straight up and take care of cancelation etc? What if you're on a contract with Fido on the other side?

PS: I can't find anywhere that shows Bell's offer of $60 for 10GB data and unlimited everything on their site? Would like to check how long the offer is valid for.
    Yup just sign up at Bell for a new account. No need to cancel, they take care of everything for you when you port your number over. Fido will send you a final bill.

If you go to a Bell store they have the 10gb offer advertised in store. I don’t think it’s on their website at all. Not sure when this deal ends, the guy at Bell told me it’ll probs be over by the end of the weekend but everywhere else I’ve read says it’s good until Dec. 18 or 19.

Edit: late reply

My Ride
    an econo box

So Fido will let me do it even though I am already on a contract with them and paying $110 for the same plan? My upgrade device today cost online shows $200 which is what I am guessing my buy-out is, are they going to ask me to pay that before they let me do it or is this offer not for existing customers at all?
    Like I said, I am thinking about going with Bell and just paying the extra $200 if they won't let existing customers do it?

I won't do Freedom...either stick with Fido if they let me do it or go with Bell if they won't. Hopefully these deals are still valid tomorrow as I plan to go to the local kiosks cause I don't want to waste my time on the phone.
    Can't say 100% because I was already on month to month with Rogers. However there's no reason you couldn't switch carriers to get the deal. You'd just have to payout the rest of your Fido contract which in the long run is worth it.

The Rogers store guy told me with Rogers it's good till midnight tomorrow (Monday) EST.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Just a heads up your phone must already be unlocked prior to going somewhere new.

I was in bell today also trying to sign up but couldn’t unlock my phone until I contacted Telus. Nice eh?

Eventually like I wrote, I did get through and they just gave me the new plan. Easy.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks everyone...will hit up a Fido kiosk tomorrow (presumably they can do this?) and see if they are willing to move me over to this plan. If that doesn't work, will head to the Bell store (right by Fido kiosk) and sign up and port my number over.

Had just renewed contract with Rogers less than a month ago and was worried I wouldn't be able to switch plans. Took a while to get through on the phones and first guy wasn't able to help, but eventually got transferred to loyalty and was able to switch to the $85/mo with 10GB plan and kept my subsidized phone. Good luck!

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I'm trying to get in contact with Koodo to see if they'll switch me from 6gb plan to the 10gb. No luck so far, really sucks if I can't get the extra 4gb.

6gb is more than adequate nowadays, but when I drive across the country, its easy to burn through :o

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    I'm trying to get in contact with Koodo to see if they'll switch me from 6gb plan to the 10gb. No luck so far, really sucks if I can't get the extra 4gb.

6gb is more than adequate nowadays, but when I drive across the country, its easy to burn through :o
    Start calling early, centers open at 9am. Should be no hassle but lots of people on RFD reporting dropped or disconnected calls after being on hold for three hours. If possible, try to get the plan switched with the first person you speak with (and request via manager approval), otherwise, you’ll be on hold for forever waiting for retentions. Other people have tried choosing the “unlock my phone” option to get to a rep quicker.

Good luck!

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by jltabot View Post
    Start calling early, centers open at 9am. Should be no hassle but lots of people on RFD reporting dropped or disconnected calls after being on hold for three hours. If possible, try to get the plan switched with the first person you speak with (and request via manager approval), otherwise, you’ll be on hold for forever waiting for retentions. Other people have tried choosing the “unlock my phone” option to get to a rep quicker.

Good luck!

I switched my koodo sask. plan via phone on saturday. I was on hold for 3 hours for a 2 minute conversation. Worth it!

Lots of people I know who made the switch had long long wait times.. some didn't even get through

My Ride
    RX300

Is this confirmed the case? I have a 10GB and unlimited everything plan with fido but I am paying $110 a month. If I call them and say I want this plan they should do it? Either way it's $200 to buy out my contract with them, if they say no I am going to tell them to suck it and go with Bell.

Is the Bell offer still around? Someone advise so that I can stop paying what I am and then i might look into getting my wife the same thing as she pays almost $100 for 6GB data with Fido.

Same phone number can be kept I am guessing?
    @shakalaka , i was on month to month already so for them to change it was simple. however from what i have read online if you are on contract you will need to pay any remaining balance and they can then switch you to the plan.

the Kiosk will not switch plans if you are an existing customer you have to call it to do that, and yes same phone number
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by saiyajin View Post
    @shakalaka , i was on month to month already so for them to change it was simple. however from what i have read online if you are on contract you will need to pay any remaining balance and they can then switch you to the plan.

the Kiosk will not switch plans if you are an existing customer you have to call it to do that, and yes same phone number
    Thank you for that, waiting on hold at the moment. Wait time said 8-12 minutes so hopefully that estimate is correct. I am contemplating going to Bell anyway if they are going to make my pay out my contract as that is better and they have better phones generally. I will see what they say.

Is this confirmed the case? I have a 10GB and unlimited everything plan with fido but I am paying $110 a month. If I call them and say I want this plan they should do it? Either way it's $200 to buy out my contract with them, if they say no I am going to tell them to suck it and go with Bell.

Is the Bell offer still around? Someone advise so that I can stop paying what I am and then i might look into getting my wife the same thing as she pays almost $100 for 6GB data with Fido.

Same phone number can be kept I am guessing? @saiyajin
    Call Fido or go into a store and get them to switch it. You're better off buying out your phone even if you stay with Fido cuz your plan would be $60 instead of $85 if you keep your tab.

If they for some reason don't switch you out, simply walk into a Bell store and port over. You don't have to talk to Fido in advance, Bell will take care of everything (but again you'll have to pay your phone out)

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

If anyone still needs to do this, go in store. Was in and out this morning in 15 minutes, no issues switching from a brand new contract to the $60 BYOD after paying off the device balance.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    This and that.

Someone above mentioned if you're an existing customer they won't do it at kiosks?

I have been on hold for 35 minutes now when it said wait time is 8-12 minutes. Going to wait for a little while longer, if nothing, gonna walk in to a Bell store.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Someone above mentioned if you're an existing customer they won't do it at kiosks?

I have been on hold for 35 minutes now when it said wait time is 8-12 minutes. Going to wait for a little while longer, if nothing, gonna walk in to a Bell store.
    Not sure, I went into the Telus store in Bow Valley right when they opened, so she might have made an exception by calling in from there.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Went into Rogers store and got it done right away.

This is such a sweet deal. I was on 4gb and unlimited everything for $50 so 10gb and unlimited everything for $60 is a no brainer lol
    @max_boost

Dai lo, is that month to month or the 2 year?

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Not sure, I went into the Telus store in Bow Valley right when they opened, so she might have made an exception by calling in from there.
    YMMV for getting it done in store. Depending on how lazy your rep is, every retailer has an internal channel care line that customers don't have access to. If I'm not mistaken, those same channel care reps have access to all the plans and can make changes accordingly.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast