Quantcast
Great deal for data: BYOP minutes and 10 gigs - $60. BELL - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Great deal for data: BYOP minutes and 10 gigs - $60. BELL

My Ride
    This and that.

Here's an update for anyone who cares; was on hold for about 40 minutes but finally got through. Managed to change mine and my wife's plan and stayed with Fido. They asked me to buy out my contract if I wanted the deal otherwise it would be $85 a month. My buyout was only $200 (plus got them to further discount by $30 as incentive) so I did mine. My wife recently got her phone so her buyout was may more at $600 almost so decided to put hers on the $85 a month plan which is still better with 10GB date vs hers was $90 with 5GB of data.

That was all fine and dandy but now I have discovered my voicemail doesn't work and every time I call it I get 'call failed' immediately. So now I gotta call/online chat again to get that shit looked out. On my online app it only shows $60 for 5GB data...but I am guessing it's actually 10GB automatically or something?

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I switched my koodo sask. plan via phone on saturday. I was on hold for 3 hours for a 2 minute conversation. Worth it!

Lots of people I know who made the switch had long long wait times.. some didn't even get through
    The girl I spoke to at Koodo was super apologetic about me having to wait the 3 hours, so she switched me without the charge. She also switched my girlfriends account at the same time (I didn't know the PIN so she actually voluntarily called me back at the end of her day to complete that verification process, she was super accommodating!). The worst part is Koodo's music on hold, it was the same 9 songs repeating. For 3 hours. Christmas tunes.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Here's an update for anyone who cares; was on hold for about 40 minutes but finally got through. Managed to change mine and my wife's plan and stayed with Fido. They asked me to buy out my contract if I wanted the deal otherwise it would be $85 a month. My buyout was only $200 (plus got them to further discount by $30 as incentive) so I did mine. My wife recently got her phone so her buyout was may more at $600 almost so decided to put hers on the $85 a month plan which is still better with 10GB date vs hers was $90 with 5GB of data.

That was all fine and dandy but now I have discovered my voicemail doesn't work and every time I call it I get 'call failed' immediately. So now I gotta call/online chat again to get that shit looked out. On my online app it only shows $60 for 5GB data...but I am guessing it's actually 10GB automatically or something?
    They said they're rolling out the "fix" for the $60 5GB error in the next few days. You should still receive the additional 5GB bonus. I assume they're swamped with supporting calls right now, so they'll fix the actual title of the plan later. But since Koodo started offering the 10GB permanently, check back in a few days when the phone queue dies down to make sure that's actually what's offered going forward.

As for not being able to make calls, just powercycle your phone, it might have gotten stuck in the queue for provisioning with the new plan (if you haven't tried it already). I'd definitely do my best to avoid having to call in again haha.

My Ride
    This and that.

Tried everything to troubleshoot but no cigar. Phone works perfectly fine otherwise, only the voicemail does not work when I call it and shows up as call failed.

For Fido, with data I think what he said was that it is actually a 5GB plan but they are adding a bonus 5GB on top making it equal 10GB. Not sure if my online account will actually reflect that or if that's something that is in their system.

My old plan was also same 10Gb and unlimited Canada wide but I was paying $100 for it. So I am happy with this for sure. Currently because they pro-rate and what not, my account shows I have 15GB data Haha.

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    The girl I spoke to at Koodo was super apologetic about me having to wait the 3 hours, so she switched me without the charge. She also switched my girlfriends account at the same time (I didn't know the PIN so she actually voluntarily called me back at the end of her day to complete that verification process, she was super accommodating!). The worst part is Koodo's music on hold, it was the same 9 songs repeating. For 3 hours. Christmas tunes.
    I know your exact pain.

My Ride
    95B

Choose the Call back Option with Telus. They called me back after couple of hours and switched my plans. No issues at all. The new plan will take effect on the 2nd of Jan when my bill cycle kicks in.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

myrogers (online) is down now. hahah

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

I got 2 Freedom Mobile codes left for anyone who wants to cash in on the 32.50 plan. PM me if you're interested, all I want in return is that you put me down as a referral haha

My Ride
    Macan GTS

just had a great experience with Telus. both the wife and i were on separate corporate accounts with them, $65/3GB. the $60/10GB deal only available on the personal/consumer side so the CSR interfaced with the corporate team while i was on the line with him and he transferred everything over to the new plan. took 90 mins or so to do both but i literally didn't even say a word during that time. now don't have to worry about streaming from the phone - download playlists etc sucks! hope a lot of you jumped on this deal!

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Had no luck with Telus either online or by calling in. Numerous posts on the Telus forum, *611 is completely down and their online chat shows up as “unavailable” for some. Went to the Telus store in beacon hill, was told I need to phone in they can’t do it in store. Walked across the parking lot to Rogers, had my number ported and was out with a new SIM card in 15 minutes.

Telus doesn’t want to answer their phone, they lost a customer.

Telus guy at the store couldn't switch my telus account at the store so I switched to koodo #yolo.

Anyone on Koodo ? Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Telus guy at the store couldn't switch my telus account at the store so I switched to koodo #yolo.

Anyone on Koodo ? Any good?
    Yep, they're the reason I haven't left for... 6ish years? Telus quality coverage at discounted rates (used to be anyways for hardware).

For those on telus who can't get through on the phones, port over to koodo (I'll even refer you and we both get bill credits ) and you won't notice a difference in service or coverage.

A few differences between major carriers:
    - nationwide texting (telus) vs international texting (koodo)
    - option to add visual VM (cost) ($2 vs. $5)
    - access to wifi calling (telus only)
    - cost of roam like home ($7/day on koodo)
    - overage ($7/100mb) and shockfree data
    - general history of raising prices (rogers/fido)
    Last edited by jltabot; 12-18-2017 at 04:16 PM.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Rogers website won't let me make the change (my phone is paid off), keeps saying I have to call in. Their number is overwhelmed I just get a rapid busy tone, the chat on the website won't even let me queue up, what a gong show haha. Ah well, I barely use 500MB in a month, 10GB would just be for bragging rights

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Rogers website won't let me make the change (my phone is paid off), keeps saying I have to call in. Their number is overwhelmed I just get a rapid busy tone, the chat on the website won't even let me queue up, what a gong show haha. Ah well, I barely use 500MB in a month, 10GB would just be for bragging rights
    Maybe now, but our data consumption is always increasing. With photo and video quality always getting better, your data consumption will automatically rise. HD video on phones isn't enough for people haha. Think of it as future-proofing

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Use this link, it should allow you get in queue. Some other ways to get into chat won't.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/cont...hare-a-concern

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

It took almost two hours via chat with Telus but I got my plan switched over today
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Walked into the Rogers store on 130th, there was 3 people ahead of me. Told the rep I wanted the 10GB promo for $60 not $85 and buy out the remainder of my contract (ended in May). He said no problem and advised of an hour wait. He set it all up and I was outta there in 30 minutes. Online chat refused to extend the deal and I never got through anyone on the phone yesterday after many hours on hold and getting disconnected. So definitely head into the store if you have the time. Good luck.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Use this link, it should allow you get in queue. Some other ways to get into chat won't.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/cont...hare-a-concern
    Thanks for this!

My Ride
    Axis powers

Wife finally go through to rogers after a couple hours, they switched her plan but it shows 5Gb talk and text, is this the same plan?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

If you switch to this plan is it still month to month or are you then locked in for 2 years?

And if you're then locked in for 2 years to upgrade your phone you'd need to buy one outright to upgrade?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast