Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Are you considering using a network file share now? The issues you mention in points 2 and 3 are non-existent with a quality solution like SharePoint... really you just set up a Document Library, permission it once and then all files inherit the permissions. If file owners leave the company, everyone still has access and can edit the docs if they already had Contribute permission. If not, a site admin can take control of the library and repermission it as needed.

Permissions can also be set up with groups. Define the groups once (for example "Management Team", "Accountants") and add the users, then apply them to the Doc Libs with the permissions you want the group to have.
I am, kind of. I have someone really pushing to move towards an Office 365 solution with a domain and Active Directory but that's an on premise solution so I would still need to incorporate a cloud based solution anyway and online editing in anything Microsoft is mediocre at best. Also every company I speak with that used Sharepoint has told me they got rid of it because it's terrible. It will run a 2000 employee corporation extremely well after putting $1,000,000 into it but it's not for a 60 employee company with a small development team.