Quantcast
Someone stole our Amazon package. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Someone stole our Amazon package.

Default Someone stole our Amazon package.

She came around twice. Second time she came with a puppy.

I was hoping she was a neighbour, but nobody's come around.

I'm in Sage Hill.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Puppy's got to eat, it's a tough time in Alberta.

I hope she didn't steal the puppy too!

I have heard of numerous packages stolen off the front step this year. Not sure if there is an actual spike in the activity, or if it is just collecting more publicity. This time of year really brings out the worst in people, including stealing donation boxes and such. It sucks you have a camera but it still does not provide much benefit.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For sure she lives nearby, so she won't be hard to find.
    i was thinking that too. anyone wasting their time stealing what has a 9/10 chance to be something worth <$10 is likely dumb enough to do it in their own neighbourhood. her popping up on video twice makes that even more likely. I would say odds are good she lives within a few blocks of you if you aren't on a feeder road, and probably walks past your house fairly regularly which would be the only way ican see it make sense for her to show up twice. You will likely see her or her bf walking past your house with that dog if you watch for them.

Although they could be the type of people that never walk their dog too....

Canadapost has been leaving expensive stuff at doorsteps for a while now. I was surprised that they left a PS4 slim at door without needing a signature. Mind you, in a couple years time its probably going to hit the bargain bin.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post
    I hope she didn't steal the puppy too!
    Was anything taken the second time? If not, I'm wondering if she's a neighbor and might be holding it for you? How many days since this happened?

Also, in the first video there's a white car in the background on the road with someone waiting in it. Can you look after the uploaded video cuts off for any details?
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Canadapost has been leaving expensive stuff at doorsteps for a while now. I was surprised that they left a PS4 slim at door without needing a signature. Mind you, in a couple years time its probably going to hit the bargain bin.
    How do you know that it was a PS4 slim? I couldn't tell by the packaging.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Delivery drivers are so lazy now that they wont even knock/ring the doorbell. They once left a piece of furniture from Wayfair outside in a snow storm with snow piling up on wood (nearly ruining it) and I was home the entire time. Same with electronics and other items. How they are not held liable for these stolen items baffles me.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I don't get why she was at your house a 2nd time and knocking on the door. That seems kind of odd, so hopefully its not stolen and she just took it for safe keeping to give to you when your home

But one of the reasons I always ship my packages to my workplace. I live in a cul-de-sac and most of the neighbors are retired so always home so I do feel fairly safe, when I got my lawn mower shipped, it was sitting right in front of my garage luckily still there.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go &quot;uh huh...&quot; Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    How do you know that it was a PS4 slim? I couldn't tell by the packaging.
    It was a delivery for me. There probably is no way to tell what it is looking at a brown box, but they just left it at doorstep along with some discontinued $8 dress pants and a $18 king sized comforter. The dollar value of the goods should be available to the shipper though, just in case insurance needs to come into play - so they have a general idea of the worth of the box.

If the shipper (like Amazon prime) is willing to take the loss if delivery is unfulfilled - then that is the business model. I can imagine amazon knows by now what areas are low crime, and what areas they can get away with drop shipments on. I guess I'm low crime neighborhood & I've never had a stolen item (so far)

I have previously mentioned to some delivery guys that its ok to leave Walmart boxes on my step, because its most likely things like bags of cane sugar and boxes of laundry detergent (of which I'm willing to take the loss on if someone should swipe it, its just way more convenient than having go to the store.)
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-17-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    It was a delivery for me. There probably is no way to tell what it is looking at a brown box, but they just left it at doorstep along with some discontinued $8 dress pants and a $18 king sized comforter. The dollar value of the goods should be available to the shipper though, just in case insurance needs to come into play - so they have a general idea of the worth of the box.

If the shipper (like Amazon prime) is willing to take the loss if delivery is unfulfilled - then that is the business model. I can imagine amazon knows by now what areas are low crime, and what areas they can get away with drop shipments on. I guess I'm low crime neighborhood & I've never had a stolen item (so far)

I have previously mentioned to some delivery guys that its ok to leave Walmart boxes on my step, because its most likely things like bags of cane sugar and boxes of laundry detergent (of which I'm willing to take the loss on if someone should swipe it, its just way more convenient than having go to the store.)
    Aah, I thought you were posting in reference to the OP's two posted videos.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I have nothing to add, but every time I read about someone's packages getting jacked from their front door I always think of this video someone posted on reddit

Oof!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...r_this_beauty/

My Ride
    This and that.

More info on this OP? Doesn't look like she took anything the second time? If genuinely a theft, did you call the cops and provide the video? Share it on Reddit like the post above...may get way more traction and that piece of shit might see it.

My Ride
    rally pig

I don't know if it is due to all recent stolen amazon deliveries or next-day delivery but first time I've seen the courier take a picture of the package on our doorsteps

I have a small garbage bin in our entrance and sometimes they are considerate enough to hide the package behind it so that it's not easily visible.

^^^

I saw that too when a courier dropped off a package for me - proof i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    I don't know if it is due to all recent stolen amazon deliveries or next-day delivery but first time I've seen the courier take a picture of the package on our doorsteps

I have a small garbage bin in our entrance and sometimes they are considerate enough to hide the package behind it so that it's not easily visible.
    All Intelcom employees do that. Amazon uses them a lot for weekend deliveries.

My Ride
    KTM

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    All Intelcom employees do that. Amazon uses them a lot for weekend deliveries.
    I have also seen them take a picture of the house number....

What is the point of taking the picture? It offers zero proof that the driver didn't just take a picture and steal it himself right after.

Anyways Canada post doesn't even ring bells, they just leave it on the step. Nice thing about Amazon is that they will replace your package no questions asked if something like this happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast