Quantcast
Loblaws Bread-Fixing Scandal, Get Your Free $25 Gift Card! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Loblaws Bread-Fixing Scandal, Get Your Free $25 Gift Card!

The clientele kill it for me there. Never picked up so many door dings, got so frustrated navigating a parking lot or dealt with pushy and/or oblivious people than when I used to shop there. It is the worst SS I’ve ever been to.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

If you guys have a Save-On-Foods More Rewards card, you can sign up for Save-On's $25 offer here
    https://www.morerewards.ca/25

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you guys have a Save-On-Foods More Rewards card, you can sign up for Save-On's $25 offer here
    https://www.morerewards.ca/25
    I do. Awesome. Thanks!!
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    G6

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    You're just picking the wrong times/days if you're encountering a lot of people in Superstore. I went last night and it was dead.
    I find if I go later in the evening, the quality of produce (specifically fruit/vegetables) is crap.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Feruk View Post
    I find if I go later in the evening, the quality of produce (specifically fruit/vegetables) is crap.
    Werd. Thats why I try to go first thing in the morning when they're open to beat the rush. They don't keep re-stocking items throughout the day like other shops. What I do now, is I price-match Superstore prices @ Save-On. You get Superstore pricing but Save-On quality produce.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

We t last night after 9 to HH SS, great selection, great produce, might have been 20 shoppers in the store if that. Bonus is there's more 30% off stickers for close dated stuff I can throw in the freezer.
    Will fuck off, again.

I used to joke that it looked like someone took a baseball bat to their produce department

We t last night after 9 to HH SS, great selection, great produce, might have been 20 shoppers in the store if that. Bonus is there's more 30% off stickers for close dated stuff I can throw in the freezer.
    When do you work? I’m usually winding down and getting ready for bed by then (when I’m not working a 15 hour day like I did today haha)
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-11-2018 at 01:04 AM.

Conspiracy! Alleged bread cartel expands to everyone in Canada. On a side note, just bought some ground beef for cheaper than bread. You would think prices would be down by now, but nope - Still plenty of $3 loaves out there.

I get the feeling cattle farmers are shaking their heads trying to figure it out.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-01-2018 at 05:41 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Read an news article on line that the per loaf amount was something in the range of $1.50 retail. Now I'm not sure if it was $1.50 at the start of all of this some 16 years ago but our family at probably an easy 3 loaves per week means a fair chunk of change went into these company's pockets. Even average out at $0.75, that would work out to almost $1,900 over those 16 years. These companies will most likely walk away with little more than a slap on the wrist to them.

Canada's Competition Bureau is now talking about looking into other grocery items as well because of how widespread this was in the industry.
    Last edited by speedog; 02-01-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    Will fuck off, again.

The only other thing in Canada that is messed up is dairy pricing, although the dairy board is far too strong for the government to take on - unless the dairy board voluntarily decides on action.

Just got my "Tops pizza" flyer in the mail. $27 for a 14" cheese pizza, great holy jeebus, that is $1 less than two hours parking in downtown Calgary Cheese pizza in Canada is the avocado toast of the USA.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-01-2018 at 07:41 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Tops used to be our go to place but we tried out a new place on Centre Street north and have now switched our pizza allegiance.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride

I hope they look into Beef Jerky. Cause the pricing is REDONKULOUS for how little you get!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Beef is very energy intense to raise, plus drying it out takes a lot of energy. Need a carbon tax on beef jerky!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Just got an e-mail this morning from Save on Foods

"Today’s the day! Thanks for being a valued member of our More Rewards Loyalty program, and for choosing us as your grocery store.

Like you, we’re deeply concerned about what’s happened with the bread price-fixing issue that was going on in Canada by certain competitors and suppliers of ours.

We at Save-On-Foods had no knowledge of, nor were we involved in, this illegal activity.

One of our competitors who has admitted guilt is providing a $25 shopping incentive to their customers. We know that you, as our valued More Rewards customer, could have been impacted with higher bread prices. So we’ve made it easy for you to receive our own $25 offer* and ensure that you’re signed up for even more great offers and information.

Please click here to complete the steps required to have this offer loaded directly to your More Rewards card. You’ll be asked to confirm your contact information to activate the offer.

Thanks for shopping with us.

Darrell

PS – if you don’t get to this today, don’t worry. You can activate this offer anytime between now and April 30, and it’s good to the end of this year. See you soon."

My Ride
    G6

Lol who's Darrell?

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

As someone who has had to provide mountains of data to the Bureau, I'll tell you that they do not fuck around.

Don't know what they can pull against established behemoths like Loblaw but there's usually jail time involved for smaller players. At least in Downstream O & G.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post

Just got my "Tops pizza" flyer in the mail. $27 for a 14" cheese pizza, great holy jeebus, that is $1 less than two hours parking in downtown Calgary Cheese pizza in Canada is the avocado toast of the USA.
    Tops used to be our go to place but we tried out a new place on Centre Street north and have now switched our pizza allegiance.
    Yum, Tops pizza. That's when someone open boxed my pizzas the other night

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Thank you for choosing Save-On-Foods as your trusted grocery store.

Your $25 bread rebate offer has been loaded to your card. The next time you shop using your card and spend $25 before taxes*, the credit will be automatically applied to your bill. We have sent a confirmation email to xxxxx for your records.
    * Rebate offer expires December 31, 2018. One offer per household. Offer not available for duplicate More Rewards accounts. Tobacco, alcohol, prescriptions or lottery products do not count towards the $25 purchase.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by bulaian View Post
    Just got an e-mail this morning from Save on Foods

"Today’s the day! Thanks for being a valued member of our More Rewards Loyalty program, and for choosing us as your grocery store.

Like you, we’re deeply concerned about what’s happened with the bread price-fixing issue that was going on in Canada by certain competitors and suppliers of ours.

We at Save-On-Foods had no knowledge of, nor were we involved in, this illegal activity.

One of our competitors who has admitted guilt is providing a $25 shopping incentive to their customers. We know that you, as our valued More Rewards customer, could have been impacted with higher bread prices. So we’ve made it easy for you to receive our own $25 offer* and ensure that you’re signed up for even more great offers and information.

Please click here to complete the steps required to have this offer loaded directly to your More Rewards card. You’ll be asked to confirm your contact information to activate the offer.

Thanks for shopping with us.

Darrell

PS – if you don’t get to this today, don’t worry. You can activate this offer anytime between now and April 30, and it’s good to the end of this year. See you soon."
    Only people in their rewards card gets it though lol.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Only people in their rewards card gets it though lol.
    Glad I sign up for absolutely everything even though I don't use it.
    I think I've been a member for like 5 years and have the equivalent of $1.50 in rewards

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast