Quantcast
School for old people - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: School for old people

My Ride
    A moving pylon

I think I was told to do this, but I just ignored it because it was stupid.

I was also encouraged to start my sentences with "because" by my English instructor which is throwing me a bit

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    ..You have electives and the only course that was actually hard all year was vibrations...
    haha that class was tough for sure. Dr. Park. 4th year difficulty can vary with what electives you take. If you want it to be easier I would not recommend turbo machinery. Alos the fucking 4th year design project was such a time sink and a waste I believe the university actually changed the course due to my year bitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Im the one with a learning disability....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    I dont get it. As price goes up, demand goes up?

My Ride
    A moving pylon

So I've been kind of struggling on keeping my assignments organized, the amount of stuff due combined with trying to wedge in study time for tests is just a mess.

At first I was keeping a punch list page at the very front of each of my subject binders where I would write down a description of either an assignment or upcoming test date. The problem with this is that I have so many binders and text books that it is virtually impossible to carry them all at once unless I start using luggage or something. I really need a centralized system of some kind.

Talking with some of my classmates, they use things like homework apps and whiteboards. I played around with a few apps, but they don't offer the functionality I want when it comes to scheduling work. A whiteboard might work, however I've always viewed resorting to a white board as a reactionary measure of planning.

So I came up with a new system, it involves keeping an excel sheet on my Onedrive... entering in assignments and due dates at the end of each class on my phone with the excel app, and then estimating hours and planning the work later when I get home. So far it has centralized my work (such a huge relief to see a big picture), and let me move around when I plan to do it so I don't have a crazy workload one day and then a slow day the next. It also lets me move around work to other days more easily, so if I finish an assignment under the estimated time, I can re-schedule other work on that day and reduce my future workload.

I've only been using it now for about 3 days, but I was having a bit of a meltdown earlier this week trying to figure out my schedule, and now I am on top of everything like a boss.

What has been working for me is I put my class schedule into my outlook calendar, which syn'd with my phone. Most instructors force you to put your phone away, but luckily my phone also sync's my calendar with my watch. At the end of each class, my watch gives me a little buzz with an update on what class I have next and in what building/room. It has been good so far, just one less thing to worry about.
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; Yesterday at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    You can't score on shots you don't take.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I was also encouraged to start my sentences with "because" by my English instructor which is throwing me a bit
    Wait, not just "so long as you work it into a complete sentence 'because' is acceptable to start a sentence with" but actually encouraging it like some kind of grammar anarchist?

My Ride
    A moving pylon

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Wait, not just "so long as you work it into a complete sentence 'because' is acceptable to start a sentence with" but actually encouraging it like some kind of grammar anarchist?
    I've always been taught that starting a sentence with "because" was incorrect use

You do get that this was tied into the two space thing after a period? Old rules we were taught by half baked teachers in the 90's that are now outdated. I know you are having fun mocking me, but I too was mocking myself... so it is kind of redundant.

Because old guy.

Now a legit sentence
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; Yesterday at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    You can't score on shots you don't take.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5