Quantcast
Former car attachment - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Former car attachment

^^^

That makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Had one of the nicest Firefly Turbo's out there (long time Beyonders will remember when I got it 13 years ago), lot of time and love put into that bad boy. Sold it when I turned 19 and wanted a big boy car. Kid I sold it to was rear-ended so bad that it BENT the rear of the hatch frame down and wrinkled the rear quarter panels. He also did so much stupid shit to it (cut out the front rad support for a big stupid intercooler) and allowed it to get rusty enough that the floors were rotten out.

Shoulda kept it, can't find those anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Had one of the nicest Firefly Turbo's out there (long time Beyonders will remember when I got it 13 years ago), lot of time and love put into that bad boy. Sold it when I turned 19 and wanted a big boy car. Kid I sold it to was rear-ended so bad that it BENT the rear of the hatch frame down and wrinkled the rear quarter panels. He also did so much stupid shit to it (cut out the front rad support for a big stupid intercooler) and allowed it to get rusty enough that the floors were rotten out.

Shoulda kept it, can't find those anymore.
    Accessory to murder, you animal!!!

My Ride
    changes daily :D

I constantly think of some of the cars that I have sold over the years, I definitely miss my 94 Saturn, that thing was a tank! my 95 geo metro 3 door hatch was by far the most amazing winter car....my 99 GS300 I miss the most, but I have never seen it since I sold it. Saw one of my Lexus's that I sold (97LS400) a couple of months ago, it was about the same shape as when I sold it.

The best though is my current car. I owned it for a couple of years, did a bunch of work to it and then sold it to a buddy. He proceeded to go through the car top to bottom rebuilding/replacing/upgrading tons of stuff. Then he realized he had 4 Hondas and 1 garage space so I was able to pick it back up and now am in the process of making it mine.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Saw my first car the other day driving through downtown. It was a proud moment that she was still running. E30 coupe, very recognizable to me in an off red patch on part of the trunk lid and left fender. I think I bought it with 300k on it and sold it in 2005 with about 375k.

Of all the cars I have owned there are two that stand out, and only one I regret selling still to this day many years later:

My FD - had a custom painted set of Meisters on it, full suspension etc. Seen the car a year later, had Ebay wheels on it, hood and rear bumper were 2 different colors, exhaust was cut off and it was dented to hell. Shed a little tear that day

And Ingrid, the MK1 Jetta coupe I bought off Bob @ UrbanX. The only car that still upsets me thinking about it. Loved that car to death, wasn't in the greatest shape but had so much character. Added a few wheels combos and some suspension goodies over the time I had it. Eventually needed space for a Rabbit project and felt bad leaving it sitting. Sold it to a kid and his dad in Lethbridge, lasted less than a month I was told before he trashed it. Still keep checking every now and then for another one but they are so hard to find in decent shape.

My Ride

Came across our old WRX in a parking lot once... poor thing had gotten the soccer bro treatment (team stickers and flags all over, annoying mascot things dangling from the mirror, "drift charm", etc)

My Ride
    party car

I ended up totaling my Lancer at the end of 2016 - ended up seeing it at pick n pull a few months after the accident and the interior was completely gutted - nothing left I was so very attached to that car, I still miss it from time to time.
    I like things with wheels.

91 Mustang
    Dark Grey with Silver racing stripes, GT kit with LX wing. Did all the work myself.
    Would see it around every so often. Kid I sold it to took really good care of it. Would make me smile that some else appreciated it.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Envision Auto got a hold of my old truck

http://www.envisionauto.com/listing/...5-speed-manual

WTF is this flashy rim + 285 tire crap? Seems like the helicopter roof rack bars are missing on it now too.

I see my old green Isuzu floating around on Kijiji from time to time... it was still wearing the same RE11's/rims I put on it, never looked close enough to see if any other mods have been made to it yet
    That’s pretty sweet. I like it

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:30 AM.

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    Yeah, here’s some pics of the truck when I sold it, vs when I hugged it goodbye at pick n pull.

^^^This is probably my biggest fear of what will happen to my first car, sold it to a dude who promptly turned and sold it 6 months later. Anytime I am at PNP I check the older GM Aisles to see if it met a less fortunate fate...
    Name:  IMG_4647.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  70.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4650.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  98.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Envision Auto got a hold of my old truck

http://www.envisionauto.com/listing/...5-speed-manual

WTF is this flashy rim + 285 tire crap? Seems like the helicopter roof rack bars are missing on it now too.
    I don't remember the entire truck being bedlinered when you owned it, either.

I have three that stick out in my mind.

My 2005 STI was the car I regret selling the most, a lot of time and money went into that thing. I always had compliments about how "clean" it was (subjective).
    New owner completely bastardized it, ended up receiving the VW treatment, rusted roof rack and stretched tires etc... My heart sank when I saw it in person.

My old 2007 S4, I had very little attachment to. I wasn't a huge fan of the car and sold it just over a year after I bought it.
    I explained to the new owner he would need to check the oil religiously as it burned oil (normal for the 4.2 v8). Less than 6 months later I got a call from the new owner telling me he seized the motor and the repair estimate was >$18k. He wanted me to help him fight against Audi Canada as the warranty had expired less than a month earlier.

I hung up the phone.

The last one was my 04 G35, supercharged, again boat load of money, very fun car.
    10 mins after the new owner picked it up I got a call from my buddy PISSED off because "my car" just flew by him on deerfoot and cut him off (estimated 170km/h). I told him I just sold the car and that was the new owner! He then texted me 5 mins later telling me he passed the car on the side of the road pulled over by CPS That probably wasn't a cheap ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2