Quantcast
Former car attachment - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Former car attachment

Default Former car attachment

Anyone ever felt violated by stumbling upon a car you once owned and seeing it totally anal raped with rice rocketry?... or other mods that just didn't sit well with you to the point where it actually bothered you?

I have never cared about what people did to vehicles I used to own, and there have been some doozies, until today when I stumbled upon a mr-2 I used to own. It looks like it went back in time to 2f2f and got car aids .

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Surprisingly I haven't stumbled on any of my old vehicles at all. And I've had quite a few... but I could see that being a bit of a piss off for sure

My Ride
    4x4

Yup. There's a few out there I regret parting with and most of those I have serious issues with what's been done to then since.

But that pos green Aveo - it got phillipino'd so good I almost want it back as it's so fricking ugly now... Lmao

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

My BRZ got car aids as well as treated with zero mechanical sympathy after I sold it to some kid and his dad.

My Ride
    changes every year

Few weeks after I sold my MR2 the kid called and told me he wrote it off...was pretty sad. When I sold my lowrider the guy took it to high river car show and claimed to all my low low boys that he built it. Sad.

I think those are the only 2 I've seen/heard of after selling, but they were both of my favorites..

My Ride
    NC1

yea lol use to have attachment for sure but now just don't care haha

My Ride
    K-car

Had a near mint E30 2 door that I sold to my Wife's cousin. Three years later that car had dents, mismatched rims, busted tailamp, and worse of all the once perfect interior was filthy with cigarette butts absolutely everywhere! It lasted about 6 years before the engine finally gave in after nearly 100,000km without a single oil change. She donated it to the Kidney foundation.
    Last edited by corsvette; 12-26-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My BRZ got car aids as well as treated with zero mechanical sympathy after I sold it to some kid and his dad.
    Hahaha so bad.

I had a 90 Toyota Corolla GTS or AE92 - mint shape. Sold it to some dumbfuck here on beyond and he massacred the car along with his dumbass mechanic.

The other car was my 01 IS300. Sold it to a good friend of mine for a great price 9 years ago, such a good price that if he sold it today in the condition it is in right now, he'd still get more or less the same price for it. Anyway, yeah he hasn't taken care of the car at all and crash it up a bunch of times. Inside is disgusting, outside isn't much better. He hasn't done any maintenance to it either, so sad. All dented up and starting to rust.

Those are the only two cars I've ever been attached to that have made me sad about selling.
    Last edited by BokCh0y; 12-26-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

no really any regret, but i always look out for my old vehicles, there are usually a few distinguishing items, i have only seen one of the vehicles one time, it had a few bumper stickers, but more or less the same.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I miss every pickup I've ever sold. And that's been a bunch. Not the cars though.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    BB6

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    ...But that pos green Aveo - it got phillipino'd so good I almost want it back as it's so fricking ugly now... Lmao
    My old protege was also Filipino'd. Flags and religious items hanging off the rear view mirror, sticker flags on rear window and trunk, religious figure in the middle of the dash...

My Ride
    G37X

Kinda. Had my 98 Z28 for 3 years bought bone stock and carefully modded it slowly. New owner ripped out the 6 speed, sold that to some local drifter, installed a moser diff and an automatic transmission. Turned it into a all out 1/4 car. Kinda sad as I put fresh bilsteins on it just before selling and it handled amazingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nicknolte View Post
    My old protege was also Filipino'd. Flags and religious items hanging off the rear view mirror, sticker flags on rear window and trunk, religious figure in the middle of the dash...
    Ah the bridlewood appearance package. I'm quite familiar with that !

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I sold my mint S-10 to some kid who was working out of Fort Mac and needed a truck for Calgary on his days off. I made a build thread about that truck here on Beyond. It was in crazy good shape.

Last year I was at pick n pull and I saw my old truck there, up on blocks. The clear front corners were spray painted black with nightshades, the tail lights were done with that shit too. For some reason my mint stereo wiring job wasn’t used and a completely new set of hack job wires was in place instead. The header and exhaust I had put on the truck was removed, as was the intake. It was generally just beat up and abused. I have it a big hug goodbye and took some pics hahaha I had so many fond memories in that truck it was sad to see it fucked up like that and rusty.

My Ride
    4x4

Haha no - mine got sent down the aisles at Walmart and the newfy speed shop - with the crap magnet turned on...

Seriously - it has every price of chrome and auxiliary gizmo known to man. Along with some cf accents and vinyl Wood inlays on the dash.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Cars & trucks, no. But I often wonder what happened to my first motorcycle. It was a 1984 Honda Nighthawk 750S and I didn't really know what I had. I sold it to an older guy so hopefully he didn't ride it into the ground.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    I sold my mint S-10 to some kid who was working out of Fort Mac and needed a truck for Calgary on his days off. I made a build thread about that truck here on Beyond. It was in crazy good shape.

Last year I was at pick n pull and I saw my old truck there, up on blocks. The clear front corners were spray painted black with nightshades, the tail lights were done with that shit too. For some reason my mint stereo wiring job wasn’t used and a completely new set of hack job wires was in place instead. The header and exhaust I had put on the truck was removed, as was the intake. It was generally just beat up and abused. I have it a big hug goodbye and took some pics hahaha I had so many fond memories in that truck it was sad to see it fucked up like that and rusty.
    So sad, almost the exact same thing happened to my buddies xtreme. It was show car quality, he babied the hell out of it, fixed every rock chip, lowered it. Put very tasteful accents on it, no cheap aftermarket garbage.

I just saw some chick selling it on Facebook for a couple grand, it was beat to shit, missing the expensive tonneau cover, slapped some Ebay special tails and headlights. Missing the expensive wheels he bought. Was being sold as a “drift truck”.

My guess is she couldn’t afford the truck, sold everything of value on it to make her money back and didn’t give a shit about it.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I keep my cars for so long that I tend to get really attached to them. My old 944 that I sold when I bought the M3 got money-shifted and then stored in a boathouse for a couple years. We bought that car back to turn into a race car. The E46M3 I drove for 8 years was sold to an enthusiast and then sold again to another Porsche club member who will be building it into a track car. I feel pretty good about that one.

My Ride
    XT6

Had a CRX with a fair bit of money put into it. Sold it with the promise it wouldn't be parted.

Never heard from them or seen it since so suspect they parted it...

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    So sad, almost the exact same thing happened to my buddies xtreme. It was show car quality, he babied the hell out of it, fixed every rock chip, lowered it. Put very tasteful accents on it, no cheap aftermarket garbage.

I just saw some chick selling it on Facebook for a couple grand, it was beat to shit, missing the expensive tonneau cover, slapped some Ebay special tails and headlights. Missing the expensive wheels he bought. Was being sold as a “drift truck”.

My guess is she couldn’t afford the truck, sold everything of value on it to make her money back and didn’t give a shit about it.
    Yeah, here’s some pics of the truck when I sold it, vs when I hugged it goodbye at pick n pull.

Name:  509656E7-E059-4E26-86FE-470ECBA9011B.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  E299ADCC-2EE8-4C23-8B99-0D663D27617C.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  56.5 KB

Name:  57386ED3-30B1-46C4-86A7-2C8DC8F147D1.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  43.0 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast