Quantcast
Where to get 2 Google Homes anywhere in the city tomorrow (Dec 27)? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Where to get 2 Google Homes anywhere in the city tomorrow (Dec 27)?

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Default Where to get 2 Google Homes anywhere in the city tomorrow (Dec 27)?

I am in town visiting my wife's family, and we made the mistake of opening her Google Home and setting it up for everybody in her family to play with.... Long story short I am trying really hard to find 2 more for them but every store I have tried is sold out. I know I can order them on bestbuy.ca but they won't arrive until after I leave and since I'm techincal support for the whole family it would be much easier to deploy them while I am still here (before Jan 1). Does anybody know a store in the Calgary area where I can still buy 2 full-size Google Homes?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    Bicycle

Try Lowes/Rona/home depot?

They may have some left since most don't think you can get them there. I know all Rona ran out about 1 week before Christmas. These things were flying off the shelves everywhere.

My Ride
    R50

I got two extra Mini's that I don't need right away. PM me if you want them.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I tried Lowes - every one in the city says they are "still waiting for them" - did they not get any at all?..
    Home Depot is sold out everywhere in Canada except Fredrickton - too far
    Rona only carried the minis

cdnsir - thanks for the offer but as stated in the original post, full-size ones are what they are looking for. My wife's family is so impressed with ours that they want them for music listening devices and occasional random other things but sound quality and loudness were big parts of the decision.

It seems I spent too long wandering around the city looking for them yesterday and now Best Buy is saying backordered with no ship date (previously it said they might arrive as early as Jan 8)... Google store says February. Looks like they will have to wait. I was hoping maybe somebody on here had noticed them at some store that most people wouldn't have thought of. I'm going to start asking at a couple stores to see if any have been returned unopened.
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

My parents got one for Christmas, but I don't think they're gonna use it. They opened it to look at it, but that was about it. I'll check with them to see if they want to let it go.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Sure - thanks!

I don't understand why they are suddenly so popular... they've been on at this price for about a month now were easily available but suddenly boxing day rolls around and they are out of stock everywhere.

i think best buy has a pretty healthy stock. thats where i got mine - i think it became popular based on the price.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Zero102 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure - thanks!

I don't understand why they are suddenly so popular... they've been on at this price for about a month now were easily available but suddenly boxing day rolls around and they are out of stock everywhere.
    Stock was quite low/random since Black Friday. The price drop got a lot of people into it. Especially the $40 mini.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

A week ago they were in stock at every store I went into, only the minis were a little bit hard to find. Then boxing day came around and even the big ones went out of stock even though the price was no lower than before boxing day. Maybe people just didn't know until they saw them in the boxing day flyer?

Oh well, looks like I'm not having any luck finding a pair of google homes here in Calgary for the inlaws. They will just have to wait until the google store can ship out a pair.

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Checking with my parents tonight to see if they still have it.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Quote Originally Posted by CivicDXR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Checking with my parents tonight to see if they still have it.
    Thanks for checking - PM'd you back!