Quantcast
Nespresso... worth it? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Nespresso... worth it?

Default Nespresso... worth it?

My brother has one, and I've had a few samples in the last few years, and with the boxing day deals out there I'm temped...

Seems to taste good, but looks like there are 2 versions, an origional line and a vertuo line which the latter appears to be "north american" based...

I'm thinking the origionalline as I can find other vendors than just Nespresso... but I do believe it is only "espresso"

I mean its not hard to brew some hot water to make an americano, and the Frother seems to do a great job at making lattes...

thing is, tons of used ones on Kijiji, and I'm using that as a gauge to tell me whether this is gimmicy or not.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I love my Vertuoline, have had it 2 or 3 Years now as my main machine and still produces a great coffee every time.

The pods aren’t cheap, but they aren’t that expensive either. And the coffee is genuinely good unlike most of the stuff that comes out of a K cup.

Lots of sales throughout the year where you can get nice cup sets etc free when you buy your pods so I always just stock up. They just had a promotion where you get a new machine for 35 dollars when you buy 300 pods so that’s probably where all the kijiji stock is coming from.

Definitely get the vertuo imo since it does 5 sizes of coffee rather than 1 size for the original line.

It’s an experience, I feel like the people at the Nespresso booth treat me better than anyone at a luxury car dealership lol.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Yes Yes Yes!

Bought 3 or 4 Nespresso machines in last 10 ish years .. love them!

To be honest, I don't use them much lately, (but hand pull) compare to the rest of capsule machines, Nespresso is very best!

However, their capsules are getting bigger and bigger .. not sure if they are good ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Had a Keurig before and used it maybe once a week, if even. Bought the Vertuoline on Day 1 and have been using it everyday since. Gone though hundreds (if not thousands?) of pods already and our pod shelve looks like the Nespresso store; we have at least a dozen full sleeves (different strength/flavors) stocked at any given time. Highly recommended.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I have one, but it pisses me off that you can only buy pods in limited locations. Saw the machines at Canadian Tire, but they arent able to sell the pods! What a crock.
    Basically The Bay and Bed bath and beyond. (I think) Not making a separate stop in the mall for coffee.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I just bought one this holidays (small pods as they have more selection for darker roasts) as the Christmas deal was decent. I honestly just wanted the separate frother as it does a great job and it's super easy to clean. But the pods themselves are pretty cheap, about $0.70 per on average and taste is really good for me. Very happy with Nespresso but I do agree I wish you could buy them at more places.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I usually buy the pods online in bulk when they have a promo. Only time I go to the store locations is to recycle the pods (another benefit of Nespresso va keurig if that matters to you).

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    I have one, but it pisses me off that you can only buy pods in limited locations. Saw the machines at Canadian Tire, but they arent able to sell the pods! What a crock.
    Basically The Bay and Bed bath and beyond. (I think) Not making a separate stop in the mall for coffee.
    You still have to make a stop at the mall, but both market mall and chinook have Nespresso stores now. You can also recycle your pods there and try any new flavors; as mentioned above, the customer service is spectacular.

On the website, they often have promotions on free shipping. So if you order like 200 pods they will ship it to you for free and its usually 1-2 days delivery.

I have the pixie, use it all the time. Instead of the more Nespresso branded frother, I bought one off of amazon that does just as good of a job. Got a wicked deal on Kijiji, got a brand new machine for $100. My only gripe is that i wish it made the coffee just a bit hotter. The fancier machines, you can select how hot you want it. I just use the original line and i enjoy the espresso it makes. It works out to about 0.75 cents a pod. I also bought this slick little drawer system on amazon, all the pods go into this drawer and then the coffee machine sits right on top of it; saving space, stores 50 pods and looks pretty slick.

I have not tried the vertuo line so I can't comment.

My Ride
    RX300

Picked up a VertuoPlus bundle that came with the frother last week and have been using it daily, definitely a better tasting coffee. Got it for $199 and $25 coffee credit thought it was a good deal.
    Came with sample pack and really liked the Intenso and Hazelnut so far
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    Silverado

we have a pixie, fucking love the espresso. hands down better than starbucks and head and shoulders above every pod based drink i have tried.

dat crema

Love mine as well!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    we have a pixie, fucking love the espresso. hands down better than starbucks and head and shoulders above every pod based drink i have tried.

dat crema
    I ended up buying an Original line as I compared the espresso between the two and it IMO still taste better than the Virtuo line using that spinning centrifuge. Also I think maintenance wize will be "less".

Really the Original line IMO is a sealed tamped espresso cartridge with really good coffee that I'd say would could humble some of the mainstream cafe's...

Pricing wise for the unit, I picked up a older, but an original made by "Nespresso" inissia with an aeroccino 3 frother at the Bay for $164 w/ the 25% off deal. It has a .7L water holder which is plenty for espresso/Roberto Lungo pulls.

Also comes with a $25 coffee credit, and so I'm going through the 16 sampler to figure out which ones to get... please provide mention of your favs

The frother itself is gold... My kiddo likes warm milk for bed, and wozas it does a ridiculous job, as does with hot chocolate.

Pricing wise, I think you'll be the ones to educate me, but I recognize its expensive... that said, who has the counter space and is going to buy a $3k Espresso machine, and build a drawer in the cabinetry just to knock out the grinds after every pull.

When compared to a Keurig, which is roughly $200, and very closely priced (+-10%) makes you wonder why anyone would buy a Keurig or tassimo etc...
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 12-28-2017 at 10:43 PM.

My Ride
    RX300

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post

Also comes with a $25 coffee credit, and so I'm going through the 16 sampler to figure out which ones to get... please provide mention of your favs
    digging the Intenso and Hazelnut, which ones have you tried that you liked?
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    Silverado

usually i stick to the fortissio lungo & linizio lungo

Just got an offer email

VERTUO CHROME
    at $35 when you buy 350 capsules
    PROMO CODE: VERTUO

CITIZCHROME
    at $29 when you buy 450 capsules
    PROMO CODE: CITIZ

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post

I roll with most of the intensso's as well. My fav being the ristretto and arpeggio. I just bought the kazaar and dharkan, liking both of those so far as well.

If i want something a bit lighter i usually go with the Livanto, Caramelito and Vanilio.

Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the nespresso club.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the little storage unit we picked up from Amazon as well, holds 50 capsules and the machine just sits right on top of it.

My Ride
    Grimace

I have a vertuo at home and a vertuo and original at the office. Way better than Keurig and not much more money. If you aren't buying k-cups at costco, they aren't really cheap anyways. Great coffee every time and while more expensive then just making your own (Which I do from time to time anyways, frenchpress, aeropress etc.) and cheaper than tims/starbucks etc. Great quality coffee every time though the boutique is always an awkward experience. Nice that the pods are recyclable though and you can try it the different varieties in store first.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Do these machines make consistently good hot chocolate?

I don’t drink coffee but wouldn’t be opposed to picking one up if it can make a consistent hot chocolate.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Do these machines make consistently good hot chocolate?

I don’t drink coffee but wouldn’t be opposed to picking one up if it can make a consistent hot chocolate.
    The Nespresso machines themselves only make coffee. Nothing else. Not even hot water.

However the Aerocino 4 with some hot chcolate mix is a great combo. My in laws were here a few weeks ago and my wife’s sister was drinking 4 hot chocolates a day with the milk foamer since it was so easy and bubbly.

Biggest issue with the original aerocino is it was too small. The 4 is now 4 times the size and you can set it for different sizes etc. Perfect.

fact.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    The Nespresso machines themselves only make coffee. Nothing else. Not even hot water.

However the Aerocino 4 with some hot chcolate mix is a great combo. My in laws were here a few weeks ago and my wife’s sister was drinking 4 hot chocolates a day with the milk foamer since it was so easy and bubbly.

Biggest issue with the original aerocino is it was too small. The 4 is now 4 times the size and you can set it for different sizes etc. Perfect.
    Make sure you don't lose, or probably throw into the blue bin, the frother attachment though preparing for christmas

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast