Quantcast
Recent experience with cops at your door for pot smoking? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent experience with cops at your door for pot smoking?

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Default Recent experience with cops at your door for pot smoking?

Read this today...

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...d-301818d32d64

Just curious, either from personal experience or friend's experiences, has anyone recently had the cops show up at your door because your neighbours complained? What was the outcome?

I haven't, but my wife's friend in McKenzie area had her neighbours call the cops because they were on the back patio smoking and the cop just told them to take it inside, this was back in the summer. Keep in mind they are 30-ish white couple in the burbs...might be a whole different story if they were young dark skinned fellas in the NE maybe and giving the cops attitude?

I grew up in Vancouver spending my formitive years in the 90s and early 2000s, and this whole notion of cops taking smoking pot seriously is very foreign to me.
    Last edited by NissanFanBoy; 12-28-2017 at 11:54 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I'm in the McKenzie area, and sometimes I smoke outside and sometimes I don't, haven't had the police show up yet but at the same time I have a license so I doubt there's a lot they could do anyways

But I also rarely smoke and only use it for quick relief

As a guideline, have some empathy for your neighbors.

If the cops roll by and break up your hippie jam-fest stoner drum circle, you are being a nuisance to someone. Its bad enough in mckenzie being beside the garbage dump, now there's another odour devaluing communities I suppose.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I can legally smoke anywhere you can smoke a cigarette... but with the stigma STILL around it (see above poster) I do shy away from smoking in public... well, smoking at all, vape or ingested usually

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can legally smoke anywhere you can smoke a cigarette... but with the stigma STILL around it (see above poster) I do shy away from smoking in public... well, smoking at all, vape or ingested usually
    Not yet but soon, July 2018 is the date that recreational marijuana use becomes legal.
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Not yet but soon, July 2018 is the date that recreational marijuana use becomes legal.
    Selfie boy said he didn't know where that date came from

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I think I've mentioned this before, but over 15 years ago my friends and I had the cops knock on their apartment door due to a complaint. They asked who was holding ( all of us), ran our names to check for warrants, then just said "You've smoked enough tonight, right? It's not legal YET" and left on their merry way. Didn't even confiscate our weed.

So while not recent, they've had a pretty lax attitide towards it when used in your own residence for quite a long time. At least if you are an otherwise fairly law obiding citizen, and aren't some piece of shit criminal or screaming "ARE YOU DETAINING ME?"

If you have a prescription, you can right now.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 12-29-2017 at 08:39 AM.

My Ride
    Ford

Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post

If the cops roll by and break up your hippie jam-fest stoner drum circle, you are being a nuisance to someone. Its bad enough in mckenzie being beside the garbage dump, now there's another odour devaluing communities I suppose.
    yeah every night at around supper time my community is filled with the obnoxious food odor. if only the police could come and stop them from making the smelly food.

if you have your medical licence for weed. right now (and for years) you can smoke marijuana anywhere ciggys are allowed.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I think I've mentioned this before, but over 15 years ago my friends and I had the cops knock on their apartment door due to a complaint. They asked who was holding ( all of us), ran our names to check for warrants, then just said "You've smoked enough tonight, right? It's not legal YET" and left on their merry way. Didn't even confiscate our weed.

So while not recent, they've had a pretty lax attitide towards it when used in your own residence for quite a long time.
    Perhaps it's because they had no practical way to test for it, and maybe needed a warrant to search the house (giving you plenty of time to move the weed).

Either way, they had better things to do with their time, and the worst thing you guys would do, is fall asleep

Here's the July 1st thingy:

The prime minister said it "would not be July 1," but that it would be "for next summer."

"The date will not be July 1, I can assure you of that," Trudeau said. "I don't know where that date came from."
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/trudea...ly-1-1.3728628

My Ride
    Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    with the upcoming price being double or more for what i can get now. I hope it never gets to prohibition 2.0 like is planned.
    Street Tune

Quote Originally Posted by blairtruck View Post
    I hope it never gets to prohibition 2.0 like is planned.
    What do you mean?

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post

I totally agree. I've had to have conversations with room mates back in my renter days about that very thing. If you want to smoke cigs or weed, go to the park or the back yard. Because if I wake up smelling that crap at 1 AM , I'm gonna go
    Randy Savage on your ass.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Not you, or they... but I... I can, so can blairtruck, and a few others... you probably could too, old people usually have a few medical conditions that would qualify... but as the government is trying to add the same tax to medical as rec, there might not be much benefit to it

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    I totally agree. I've had to have conversations with room mates back in my renter days about that very thing. If you want to smoke cigs or weed, go to the park or the back yard. Because if I wake up smelling that crap at 1 AM , I'm gonna go
    Randy Savage on your ass.
    r/iamverybadass

I looked up this Prohibition 2.0 and found this article.

https://www.cannabis.info/en/blog/ne...rohibition-2-0

Joe consumes approximately 90 grams of cannabis per month recreationally.
    I've never personally partaken, so I had to google "how many grams in a joint?".

So say you're using one gram per joint, which on my quick search might be on the high end of the scale, how can the example in that article of 90 grams per month recreational usage be real?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm much happier to have neighbors that smoke pot and not cigarettes. Cigs are grosser IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ford

have to wait and see the final answers and what each province picks. $280 an ounce plus taxes is way above street value if they are trying to get rid of black market. that wont work.
    Street Tune

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

At our condo's AGM meeting this spring, the topic of smoking pot in the building came up and the condo board's response was it couldn't be banned entirely unless all condo owners unanimously agreed to put a bi-law in place. Now I don't indulge or even like the smell, but I don't care if others do it (as long as its within the confines of private areas) and it's not my business to impose restrictions on other peoples' lifestyles just cause it's not the same as mine, but it was hilarious watching the owner of multiple rental units try and rally the troops to change the bi-law just to protect his investment. What a fucking idiot.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    At our condo's AGM meeting this spring, the topic of smoking pot in the building came up and the condo board's response was it couldn't be banned entirely unless all condo owners unanimously agreed to put a bi-law in place. Now I don't indulge or even like the smell, but I don't care if others do it (as long as its within the confines of private areas) and it's not my business to impose restrictions on other peoples' lifestyles just cause it's not the same as mine, but it was hilarious watching the owner of multiple rental units try and rally the troops to change the bi-law just to protect his investment. What a fucking idiot.
    Bi-law love it

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast