Quantcast
experiences with pacsafe - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: experiences with pacsafe

My Ride
    G

Default experiences with pacsafe

Hey guys,

So earlier this year when I was in Greece I was carrying around 26lb of camera gear in my backpack. My next trip I'm definitely bringing less gear. No drone, no drone accessories, no OSMO. Just a DSLR, 2 lenses, filter kit and a tripod. With that being said I need to buy a smaller camera backpack, since I don't need to carry a 45L one anymore and I was looking into pacsafe.

I'm pretty good with never leaving my bag unattended. The only thing I'm worried about is having my backpack slashed while I'm walking and this seems to address that problem by having a metal mesh built in. My last camera bag didn't have these features but our rental car was broken into during our last trip so theft is in the back of my mind but not to the point of it ruining my vacation. Does anyone have any experiences with pacsafe? Was it worth the money? Also is there any alternatives to look at before committing to this bag?

http://www.pacsafe.com/camsafe-v25-a...camera#start=1

Also does anyone know why when trying to order from the pacsafe site, I'm automatically charged a 13.2% sales tax even when shipping to Canada? I have a 15% discount code from the site but it's cheaper to just order the bag and pay full price on amazon due to that added sales tax.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by JC522; 12-29-2017 at 09:03 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

We used pacsafe 45l bags for a trip to Europe. Quality is quite good. Can't comment on the mesh because no one slashed our bags but I like the feature. Ours actually came with braided steel cable so we could use the built in lock and secure the bag to anything. You could easily lock the bag to a trunk hinge for added security.

We bought the bags at mec here in town.