Quantcast
Price prediction site for all inclusive vacations? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Price prediction site for all inclusive vacations?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Price prediction site for all inclusive vacations?

I'm sure someone on beyond posted a site that shows you how far ahead you should book airline tickets for the best discounts. Is there anything similar for all inclusive packages?
    Looking at either Cancun or PV first week of March approximately for two adults and two kids and greatly prefer westjet.

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Looks like the West jet "vacation finder" tool will show you rates for a few days on either side of your selected date. That's a start.
    Name:  samplesnip.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  34.7 KB
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 01-02-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I always just look at the Google Flights calendars, there is a huge amount of data there and it's pretty easy to see the trends. Flight pricing can also be somewhat unpredictable, but you can get a general idea from the big calendar matrix on Google Flights.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Suppose it make sense that the days for cheaper flights probably also have cheaper packages too.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Suppose it make sense that the days for cheaper flights probably also have cheaper packages too.
    Vacation packages are still a bit of a crap shoot. You can pick the cheaper seasons pretty easily, but if the resort and flights are filling up, prices go up for that week. If the resort is not filling up relative to the flight schedules, the prices go down closer to departure. Or, if a flight fills up but the resort doesn't, it might kick you onto a more expensive flight combination. IMO just find the price you are willing to pay, and book it at that rate. Then never check it again in case it goes down haha.

Also pay attention to holidays of other countries, it may unexpectedly be high season where you are looking to go due to US or UK holidays that we do not observe.

In my experience it's been cheapest to have a few resorts in mind and book 1-2 months out. Then just watch it for a while and snag a deal. If you are dead set on a particular resort, decide on a price you're comfortable with and just book it when it gets there.

I like tripcentral.ca and use their grid system to look.

make sure to use private browsing when shopping for your trip as you may or may not see the best price.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Last time I went to mexico, I did single bookings of everything. Had to f*&k around with google flight finder and all sorts of other crap. But easily saved close to $1k by doing all the legwork myself.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Frowny face . . . .

"Ultimate All Inclusive or Package Deal Finder
    Unfortunately, I've decided to remove these tools for now. Despite repeated promises from the data provider to improve the accuracy of the price data and availability from the Canadian Tour Operators for over a year, they did not show any signs of moving forward. As a result, it felt like the search tool was doing more harm than good.

I am working hard on something new for the site though, which is my most ambitious project to date. Hopefully at some point I can include data from packages again, as long as the data is accurate and complete. "

I find a lot of these website hard to use, so far tripcentral seems easiest. Since I'm flexible on dates and destinations, I like being about to quickly compare options. Going to do some work tonight to figure out the economics of buying flight and hotel separately. That has some advantages on top of possible price savings too.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ugh, I used to use Tripadvisor for research, and it seems like they've changed the website a lot. Having a hard time figuring out which resorts are best for kids and families. They used to have a very friendly interface. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Ugh, I used to use Tripadvisor for research, and it seems like they've changed the website a lot. Having a hard time figuring out which resorts are best for kids and families. They used to have a very friendly interface. Gross.
    You have to read every individual review on Trip Advisor anyway to get an accurate idea of the property, since most people only come there to complain. You will find people giving the resort an 1-star review (including things like location) because they got a sub-par meal at one of the restaurants, or because a bird landed on their table outside in a tropical country.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, but the tripadvisor website used to make things easier to filter anyway.

Hey, anyone know an easy way to search for rooms that have three beds? That would make the trip so much better.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ended up manually checking eight different departure dates and two different trip lengths for the one hotel I chose. Tripcentral was good for filtering by cost per adult, but since my trip had two kids, it was not clear what the total cost was. Seems like none of the websites really filter that properly.

Also did some incognito browsing and found that the price was the same as the "open" browsing with cookies, at least for westjet.
    Anyway, booked today. Used up some points I'd had hanging around for a long time. Very stoked, family hasn't had a warm winter vacation in a long time, and well, no point saving money forever.

Still hate the tripadvisor revamp, but once I had a small number of hotels to compare, it was useful to read reviews submitted by people on a family trip.

Yay Mexico!

What resort did you choose?

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Curious as well.. I was looking today at PV for a family of 4.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

So somewhat related, I book a trip to Huatulco Mexico for my family of 4 in early November for spring break. I checked pricing again on boxing day/week and it was actually up a few hundred bucks. Didn't check again until yesterday and it is now over $1000 less. This was through Westjet and they did refund the extra although after keeping $400 for the change. Still saved me close to $800 though.

I have heard from several people that early January is supposed to be one of the best times to book warm vacations in March.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Went with Panama jack gran caribe. Family suite. Like the location right in the hotel zone for easy of access to airport, shopping, and El Rey. Seemed to be decent family place that wasn't wildly expensive. Some nice shit down by playa del Carmen or Tulum, but just didn't want the long bus ride.

Note westjet website wasn't showing family suite as an option you could reserve, although it was an option in the resort description. Had to phone in to use my points anyway, but yeah the agent on the phone had no trouble booking that room for us. So that's nice. We need the three beds, my one kid has issues and can't share a bed.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 01-11-2018 at 06:08 PM.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Looks nice. I have never stayed in that area so would be interested in hearing how you like it (especially with kids, btw, how old?).

Our last 3 Mexico trips were all in the Mayan area so we decided to try Hautulco this year for a change.

My Ride
    FB6

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    Looks nice. I have never stayed in that area so would be interested in hearing how you like it (especially with kids, btw, how old?).

Our last 3 Mexico trips were all in the Mayan area so we decided to try Hautulco this year for a change.
    We stayed at Secrets Huatulco in the fall of 2016 and it was great. The area is less busy as tourism isn't as developed as the Mayan area which we actually enjoyed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast