Quantcast
2018 weather and road conditions thread - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 weather and road conditions thread

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Took me 4 hours longer to get home from Montreal yesterday night. They also had a snow cluster fuck. S'posed to fly out at 6:40pm, finally got off the ground at 9. Then landed in Calgary and was stuck on tarmac for 45 minutes as there was no available gate.

This mornings commute was surprisingly easy. We gave ourselves an hour to get from Legacy up Macleod and into Chinook. Was the usual 22 minutes at 8am. Little to no traffic. I guess everyone stayed home.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Broke down and bought an electric snow blower - why didnt I get one before??? Done in 1/2 the time with 1/2 the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They salt your street? You are truly baller.

Actually I live on a fairly low income street. The plows drop gravel, fairly certain all gravel is pickled

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

^ good work helping out others. Back muscles are stronger now :-)

I took a snow day and worked from home. Shoveled once around noon. Will go out and do a clean up shovel later this afternoon.
    Hopefully will be able to get out of the residential street tomorrow to get to the bus stop.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by bigbadboss101; 02-08-2018 at 06:27 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    I work for a tech company, one of the few where you would assume a work from home situation could be arranged, but nope, company is super against it

Oh and Lance, if you’re reading this
    Story from the old EDS. They can have flexibility to work from home but they had some con call to talk about potentially ending the practice. Someone on the con call/townhall piped up about how to take care of their kids without working from home and had to get day care. All get silenced and working from home ended next day.

My Ride
    changes every year

I leave my house at about 455am. Strathmore to Langdon wasn't plowed. I drove the X5 today and it's a good thing I did because it was right fucked driving in a foot of unplowed snow on a highway.

On another note, 9.5 inches of snow on my patio table plus whatever fell through. Crazy in just one night.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Got home from work faster than normal. Lesson of the day, solution for too many cars on the road, more snow.

My Ride
    Axis powers

This is the most snow I’ve seen in I can’t remember, even my lab is having a tough time going out and doing his thing, driving down my street some neighbors have piled the snow taller than me... also don’t have a garage so not sure how I’m going to park 2 cars in the back with the amount of snow there for the stupid parking ban
    Sig nuked by mod.

I came across a senior couple that were stuck curbside. She flagged me down, was very polite, and asked if I could call AMA. I told her to jump in, and as she was walking to get in, she screams to her husband, "Shut the fuck up!"

The call to AMA took about 15 minutes, and they had to get to the hospital which was a few blocks away, so I offered to drive them there. Her husband got in my car and she went back to get her purse. The husband thanks me and then say's, "I got stuck because she wanted to hear a fucking song!"

Aside from the weird outbursts, they were very polite, kept profusely thanking me, and offered me $20. I declined twice, but later found the 20 on the back seat

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Had to drive from Coventry Hills down to DeWinton this morning to meet a sub-contractor and supervise a job for a client. Had to be down there for 09:00 so I got up a little earlier and left the house at 07:20 thinking that Deerfoot was going to be a gong show. by 07:50 I realized I was going to be super early, and stopped in at the Tims on 130th ave for coffee and a sammich, and was on site by 08:15. Deerfoot was moving better this morning than even normal days in the middle of summer...

On the way home, with all the fine powder all over, traffic was kicking it all up in the air making visibility suck for more than 50-60 meters ahead so for most of it, I was doing 70KPH on the way home at 13:30.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

Did some errands since I wasn't supposed to be here, and it was chaos at beddington and centre Street with the bendy busses jack knifed all over the place. Had to detour through a few parking lots to get through the intersection.

Went up to country hills, and its damn icy. Where the plows have been out its glare ice, and not much salt or gravel has been spread.

I don't see tomorrow being a good commute day at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    I came across a senior couple that were stuck curbside. She flagged me down, was very polite, and asked if I could call AMA. I told her to jump in, and as she was walking to get in, she screams to her husband, "Shut the fuck up!"

The call to AMA took about 15 minutes, and they had to get to the hospital which was a few blocks away, so I offered to drive them there. Her husband got in my car and she went back to get her purse. The husband thanks me and then say's, "I got stuck because she wanted to hear a fucking song!"

Aside from the weird outbursts, they were very polite, kept profusely thanking me, and offered me $20. I declined twice, but later found the 20 on the back seat
    Holy shit I nearly died laughing reading this post

My Ride
    Lease

Love it.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Roads were icy where they have been plowed (which just removed the packed snow and exposed the glare ice), but the alleyways are hilarious. Had a blast in the Jeep hitting some back roads and snowed-in lots.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Roads were icy where they have been plowed (which just removed the packed snow and exposed the glare ice), but the alleyways are hilarious. Had a blast in the Jeep hitting some back roads and snowed-in lots.
    Our alley had a full lane cleared by someone with their snowblower, over three city blocks in length. Looks kind of odd with every other alley very deep in snow and ours being clear.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I usually say a snowblower isn't needed in Calgary but this week I would love one.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Grimace

Got stuck last night immediately upon entering my culdesac so this morning no slowing down. Pretty slippery out though from the blades on the streets. Could use gravel in many areas. Shag/Crow/Memorial was fine for the most part. Lots more traffic though of people leaving early today.

My Ride
    V8s

Made it home, only an hr late last night. Drive from the airport to home was a bit longer than usual, but mostly because I was dodging slow drivers on stoney. awd+winters makes most roads a non-issue.

Not going into the office today, probably gonna go find some empty parking lots to have fun in after I'm done shovelling

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

yesterday was a cake walk driving down yesterday, this morning - holy shit balls. Fucking awful road conditions. I'm glad i'm part of the early crew although power was out in Aspen area when I woke up, i was happy thinking I could stay home.

My Ride
    G37X

Holy moly. I had a grandpa flip me the bird last night on macleod but your story takes the cake. Hilarious!

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast