Quantcast
2018 weather and road conditions thread - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 weather and road conditions thread

My Ride
    Silverado

Just gotta take the restrictor plate off, give the red dragon a little more juice

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Not every day you get to winch a semi out of a snowbank!

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Was driving wife's car last night, proceeding through a green light, when a van was turning left decided that he had enough space to make it....i barely missed him....unfortunately the guy behind him proceeded without looking....right into the side of my wife's car. I tried to avoid him but there was a concrete block on the right....so i swerved as much as I could given the road conditions, but pulled back into my lane as to not to hit the concrete barrier head on, and got clipped right along the drivers side door, with damage all the way to the rear quarter panel. Not impressed. Glad it wasn't my 6 month old 2018 car...i would have freaked.

Should be some goooood pickings in the junkyards in about a week...
    dv/dt

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

For old shitboxes yeah, newer stuff will go to copart or other auctions.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was driving wife's car last night, proceeding through a green light, when a van was turning left decided that he had enough space to make it....i barely missed him....unfortunately the guy behind him proceeded without looking....right into the side of my wife's car. I tried to avoid him but there was a concrete block on the right....so i swerved as much as I could given the road conditions, but pulled back into my lane as to not to hit the concrete barrier head on, and got clipped right along the drivers side door, with damage all the way to the rear quarter panel. Not impressed. Glad it wasn't my 6 month old 2018 car...i would have freaked.
    So confused trying to read what happened with the amount of times you said "right" but didn't actually refer to "the right side"
    Reason #472 why English is a horrible language

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    So confused trying to read what happened with the amount of times you said "right" but didn't actually refer to "the right side"
    Seemed quite clear to me

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Reason #472 why English is a horrible language
    So what language would you prefer we all use to ease your reading comprehension issues?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

I know, right?!

My Ride
    K20A2

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    So what language would you prefer we all use to ease your reading comprehension issues?
    lol
    Built with Chopsticks

So this is our 22nd winter in our current home and in all of those 22 years we think that the amount of accumulated snow in our area is the most we've ever seen. Yeah, there have been snow storms that have dumped quite a bit of snow but warmer weather and/or a Chinook has always quickly knocked back any accumulations.

Out front, I do not recall seeing snow piles as deep as they are along our sidewalks and the snow levels on the street out front are getting quite deep, so much so that I am now regularly pushing snow with my unlifted 4WD work truck. On the other hand, our alley is excellent in one way because some neighbor used their snowblower to clear a full lane for two blocks - the problem now is that one can easily get stuck getting into/out of one's garage because of the snowblower hardback on the edges of the cleared lane.

Out and about, I have noticed how some areas of the city have received much less or much more snow than ours - even just over 2km south of us in Mount Pleasant around 18th avenue there is considerably more snow down while in the SW in Wentworth, it's like they were missed by the last big dump. Better yet, we're headed into the two most traditionally snowfall months for Calgary.

This deep snow is becoming an issue for many drivers, I am starting to lose count of how many 2WD vehicles I have pushed out of stuck situations in level instersections/entrances/exits including ones with winter tires - the accumulated and/or plowed snow depths are just resulting in a lot of vehicles just not being able to maneuver once they lose their momentum.

Anyhow, how are the roads in your community - all I know is I'm very thankful that both of our vehicles are 4WD or AWD although my wife's short wheelbase AWD is still a bit of a sphincter tightening experiance in that it really likes following ruts as compared to my two time zone's long 4WD truck.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's been setting records for most snow accumulation. Those weather records go back over a hundred years.

Aaaannnndddd, another few tens of millimeters again today.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Personally, I am happy that its been below zero almost consistently this winter. The snow is much easier to deal with and there is much less ice.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Personally, I am happy that its been below zero almost consistently this winter. The snow is much easier to deal with and there is much less ice.
    We must drive completely different roads and routes.. I've never said the roads are horseshit as many times as this winter

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    So this is our 22nd winter in our current home and in all of those 22 years we think that the amount of accumulated snow in our area is the most we've ever seen. Yeah, there have been snow storms that have dumped quite a bit of snow but warmer weather and/or a Chinook has always quickly knocked back any accumulations.

Out front, I do not recall seeing snow piles as deep as they are along our sidewalks and the snow levels on the street out front are getting quite deep, so much so that I am now regularly pushing snow with my unlifted 4WD work truck. On the other hand, our alley is excellent in one way because some neighbor used their snowblower to clear a full lane for two blocks - the problem now is that one can easily get stuck getting into/out of one's garage because of the snowblower hardback on the edges of the cleared lane.

Out and about, I have noticed how some areas of the city have received much less or much more snow than ours - even just over 2km south of us in Mount Pleasant around 18th avenue there is considerably more snow down while in the SW in Wentworth, it's like they were missed by the last big dump. Better yet, we're headed into the two most traditionally snowfall months for Calgary.

This deep snow is becoming an issue for many drivers, I am starting to lose count of how many 2WD vehicles I have pushed out of stuck situations in level instersections/entrances/exits including ones with winter tires - the accumulated and/or plowed snow depths are just resulting in a lot of vehicles just not being able to maneuver once they lose their momentum.

Anyhow, how are the roads in your community - all I know is I'm very thankful that both of our vehicles are 4WD or AWD although my wife's short wheelbase AWD is still a bit of a sphincter tightening experiance in that it really likes following ruts as compared to my two time zone's long 4WD truck.
    In the deep south, the snow is considerably more than at my workplace in the NE

- - - -

I honestly wish they would stop plowing on non artery roads, the roads in my community that haven't been plowed are somewhat easier to travel through than the roads that have been, especially trying to park as there's no large drifts that have to be driven over from the december plowing where cars weren't required to move, suv and truck no problem, car, big problems
    Sig nuked by mod.

Inches, cm, mm - take your pick, it's much deeper than I expected in our back yard.

Name:  20180211_113142.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  32.9 KB
    Will fuck off, again.

yea the most snow I can remember since probably elementary school.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:33 AM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I was walking around in my spring jacket today, it is still a bit brisk, but the sun is pretty strong. I came across some new flowers blooming outside my building, I took a photo to cheer you guys up! Looks like spring is here!
    I hope it snows 1" and you get stuck in traffic for a week
    Sig nuked by mod.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:32 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Can't a guy just try to make his fellow man feel better?
    That sounds like NDP talk to me... filthy BC hippie.

Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast