Quantcast
Recommend me a Honda Salesperson in Calgary and surrounding area? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a Honda Salesperson in Calgary and surrounding area?

Default Recommend me a Honda Salesperson in Calgary and surrounding area?

As the title states, can you please recommend me a sales person at one of the Calgary or surrounding area dealerships please?

I have a friend that is in the market for a new HRV and one of the dealers is trying to sell a 2016 AWD for $29,100 which is new old stock as of September. Should these be discounted to reflect that unless I am off base?

They are playing games with her saying there are no white ones (Which is what she wants) in stock at any dealership locally and trying to push this one specifically but when I search Autotrader I see a few and many 2017 that are in the $25-$26k mark.

Looking for a straight shooting sales person and any new car buying tips

Cheers

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Burton and Marvin at Okotoks honda.
    Tell them Jason sent you.

there's a guy named Mike at Calgary Honda, I think he's been working the parts counter recently but my family has bought at least 3 cars off him over the past 5-6 years and been happy every time.

Failing that I met a guy named Bernie at Airdrie Honda recently and while he's fairly new and I didn't end up doing business with him, he definitely seems like a genuine guy and a straight shooter.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    '16 Civic

Go to Okotoks Honda. They're the best in the city hands down. Go talk to Burton or Marvin as mentioned earlier, or just talk to Jacquie straight up, she's new vehicle sales manager. Guys up at Airdrie are nice but I'm not sure how the new managers are. Patrick went to Acura and Wayne is in Finance now.

As for the car you're looking for. 2016 HR-V models have a $1,500 rebate applied after taxes for lease, finance and cash purchases which is incentive for you buying old stock late in the year and also to move them.

For the colour, you might be out of luck and your original dealer probably isn't pulling your leg. Airdrie has 3 right now, 2 EX-L Nav and 1 LX AWD in blue/black. Honda doesn't do factory orders since they have no factory options and you're at the mercy of allocations. Mid November? Good luck finding a 2016 in the colour you want.

EX-AWD starts at $27,000 and you'll have to add $1,725 in Freight/PDI, $126.25 in AC/Tire/AMVIC Fees then GST, assuming no accessories or extras. $29,100 isn't 'unreasonable' as quoted by dealer if you're going OTD. LX goes for $24.5k plus fees/taxes
    2016 Honda Civic Touring

My Ride
    Slow Injected

+1 for Bernie in Airdrie Honda. Took my parents there a couple times to look at vehicles. He was very patient, informative and did not try to pressure us into making a decision or closing a deal

Thanks for all the information and suggestions, I will pass them on!

My Ride
    W222 S550 LWB

+1 for Mike at T&T, got my gf and myself to purchased a vehicle from him. The smoothest transaction by far plus he's very knowledgeable

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Once you do purchase a Honda, each dealer have different pricing for their maintenance packages correct? They say $ made for the sale is minimal and the $ is in the servicing and repair. Anyone know first hand how the service pricing compare between dealers?

I've used three of the dealers in Calgary. All have issues so I switched all service to Okotoks Honda. Free oil changes as long as you do the servicing at their dealership. You need to service on a schedule (dash lights) so the oil/filter changes are worth $45-52 each time. Service charges are lower than in Calgary, no wait for booking in work unlike Calgary so it is worth my while. Calgary can be two weeks to get in for an oil change. Okotoks will also pick up your vehicle in the SW and drop a loaner for the service day if you like and free of charge. They also have loaners at the dealership, I've taken one for free and without signing anything for a half day. Went to a wifi cafe in Okotoks while some major (for a Honda) service (brakes) was being done.

I replace the vehicle interior/engine air filters myself with Fram filters from Canadian Tire, as they are half the price of the Honda dealerships. Buy two at a time to ease the hassle and good for the year, I change them in the late spring and late fall even though this is more often than Honda advises. Wiper blades (rubber part only) are best bought from the dealer as the price is right and only the rubber needs replacing. Buy the rubber blade from the parts department spring and fall, install myself.

-newer building and very clean.
    -they vac and wash your car afterwards, even when only changing oil/filter.
    -Nice waiting area, food, drink and wifi.
    -Chev dealer next door if you get bored and need to witness old school car salesmen.
    Last edited by Tenkara Way; 01-18-2017 at 10:44 AM.

If she knows exactly what she wants tell her to deal strictly through email and email all the honda dealers with what she wants and get them to price out. Car sales can be so frustrating with all the games they play and when you're in their building they pretty much own you
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Asif (I think that's his name - the sales manager) @ Okotoks Honda

I talked to every dealer in the city, plus Airdrie & High River and Okotoks gave me by far the best price with the least hassle (zero).

Honda West, consistently and several consecutive times was one of the worst sales experiences I have ever encountered, and the worst price of every Honda dealer in & around Calgary by a significant margin. Their service department was equally if not more disappointing.

I should also add when I lived ~10 min from Honda West, I went out of my way to go to any other dealership should I need anything.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-19-2017 at 12:15 PM.

I bought a car off of Ryan Cooke at Honda West before Christmas. Is a Acura and Honda guy so he knew everything about them and was super knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend him.

I live 15 minutes from Honda West, gladly haul my ass out to Okotoks for service.

Pet peeve at Honda West and I mentioned #1/#2 to the GM as BS for two years. Nothing changed as HW is a $$$ machine:

#1. They keep putting an oil change sticker on the inside of the car windshield, the dash tells me when the car needs servicing. I know they use the sticker to remind you Honda West is your place, still lame.

#2. Leave the cardboard floor mat protector in the car after service. The nearest garbage is 200 feet from my car. The steering wheel is always dirty from the car jockey or mechanic.

#3. The car wash chit they give you (you have to ask, they don't offer) was for the nearby Shell (excellent). Honda West recently switched to that crap car wash on Richmond. The one where a guy was shot dead by the police a couple of years ago. You go through some Roman era auto wash system that is terrible. The wand wash there is the worst in the city by the way.

Okotoks Honda has one hell of a view of the mountains. I told the service manager they should be building townhouses with their extra land. Maybe I need to get out of the city more often?
    Last edited by Tenkara Way; 01-18-2017 at 06:29 PM.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Original poster, any progress on finding the vehicle? I would think between the 2016 and 2017 there should be a discount either on the price or on the financing rate. A white 2016 one might have to do a dealer transfer but no probable to call a couple places and see if they have one and what is the best they can do. I have heard lot of good things about Okotoks Honda when it comes to getting the best purchasing price and by the looks of it also for service.

Darrin Hurst at Honda West

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I did not have a positive experience with Honda West initially.
    I called the day before and asked if a specific manual transmission vehicle was available for a test drive. I asked twice just to make sure and they said it was available for a test drive. I booked the test drive. When I turned up the next day they had the automatic available but no manual.
    The sales person was new so I really have nothing bad to say. But my rant is on the dealership.. why waste my time and their own?

Anyhoooo... in response to the second part of the original question. I test drove the HRV in a manual a week after. I found the power to wight ratio was a bit off. But the main concern was the second gear ratio. There was no pull on it.
    The auto CVT engine is perhaps better. The other thing that put me off that might be relevant to your purchase was the fuel economy. Between the CRV and HRV there did not seem to be much of a difference.

Anyways, good luck and let us know what you ended up buying.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Bump. Didn't want to start another thread. Can anyone recommend a salesman/dealer on the North side of Calgary? FIL is looking for an HR-V LX (AWD), wants to pay cash and get the best deal, doesn't want to drive down to Okotoks or High River.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Terry Bharti- use to be at subaru calgary is now at T&T Honda

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Bump. Didn't want to start another thread. Can anyone recommend a salesman/dealer on the North side of Calgary? FIL is looking for an HR-V LX (AWD), wants to pay cash and get the best deal, doesn't want to drive down to Okotoks or High River.
    How badly does he not want to drive anywhere? Going down to Okotoks saved me around $2,000 compared to the best price anyone would give me in Calgary, Airdrie, or Red Deer and that includes beyond members I contacted who are salespeople. Exact same scenario with the other 3 Hondas I have helped people buy recently as well. He seriously won't drive 30 mins to save what is probably at least a grand, but he wants to get the best price? That doesn't make any sense to me. Chances are he will waste way more time than that doing the dealership "manager dance" haha.

Shoot me a PM if you want I can put you in contact with someone so all your FIL has to do is drive down there and sign on slightly above dealer cost, no hassle and fully transparent dealer invoice pricing.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-13-2018 at 10:07 AM.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Quote Originally Posted by jdmXSI View Post
    Terry Bharti- use to be at subaru calgary is now at T&T Honda
    Wow that guy was at subaru forever!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast