Quantcast
Sending a portion of your property tax before assessment is even mailed out? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Sending a portion of your property tax before assessment is even mailed out?

Default Sending a portion of your property tax before assessment is even mailed out?

I looked back at my last years property tax payment and I sent it via Plastiq on May 31. The property tax bill indicates May 26 for date of mailing. Due date end of Jun.

I'm trying to time my spending on the next CC that I want to apply for and get bonus points for spending X amount of dollars within 3 months. Unfortunately, I have to spend the min X amount by May 1.

So seeing how I probably won't get my assessment until towards end of May for this year, if I send an arbritary amount of $2000 to the city via plastiq before then (let's say Apr), will there be any consequences?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

What is this Plastiq thing you speak of and what have I been missing out on.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

As long as it ends up in your account, I don’t see why not? People on tipp end up having weird balances all the time

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    What is this Plastiq thing you speak of and what have I been missing out on.
    Tuition and taxes doesn't allow credit card due to fees. Plastiq stick you with the CC fees so you can pay your taxes with CC.

So if your tax bill is $2K, Plastiq will charge you $2050 and pass on $2000 to CoC and keep $50 for themselves.

You hope that you can use a credit card that will give you more rewards in return (Like the BMO 4% for 1st 4 months) and you can pocket the 1.5% difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

You hope that you can use a credit card that will give you more rewards in return (Like the BMO 4% for 1st 4 months) and you can pocket the 1.5% difference.
    CC points have gotten me half a dozen of long-haul biz class multiple stopovers seats for very little scamcharges. I ain't complaining about Plastiq's fee

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Don't know about the original question, but a Canadian Tire credit card has a bill payment option, I pay my property taxes with it all the time, and my parents', to get the points I used to use it for Enmax as well before they started accepting CC payments. Platiq was is a waste of money since CT cc is free and u actually get like 1% in Canadian Tire money.

I know when I ran a business I used to pay my corporate taxes ahead of time all the time, and just pay the small amount I was short at the end, pretty sure you will be okay, it's all tracked by accounting software, they have to match all funds to something, so if you pay before hand, it will just be a liability from their end to you, until your bill is out.