• Michelin LTX M-S2

4 15.38%
  • Other

5 19.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Half Ton Truck Tire Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yah the GMC has the 4A system and it's quite good, I think I've used 4HI maybe 3 times lol.

Never even heard of the Nokian Rotiva AT's but people seem to like them and holy crap are they cheap $700CAD shipped to the border for a set and I just so happen to be going down to the border in a few weeks, very very tempted to try them
    The Rotiiva AT IMO are the best winter A/T in the market, and it fairs very well with year round onroad mannerisms (rain, braking, driveability) and is IMO reasonably quiet. They have an awesome wear indicator and they held up towing well.

The LTX M/S are also very good contenders, but definitely did not dig up the deep snow like the Rotiivas, but were even more quiet and better wearing.

Another decent contender is the Goodyear All Terrain Kevlar... they do nothing great, but nothing bad.

I really do think the Cooper AT/W (XT/4) are very good Winter A/Ts as well, but they are definitely more aggressive than the Rotiivas, louder, handles more like a traditional A/T and a harder compound (maybe better for wear, but not Winter).

I think the only reason why the Rotiiva isn't more popular is as Kal is the only Nokian reseller here... and they're pricey, like the most premier pricing I've seen for any truck tire.

Alot of people will tell you the Hankook AT/Ms are good, which they are, as well as the Toyo Open country... I too think though they are good, but they are straddling the A/T "offroad" tire, like the duratrac or the BFG A/T.

Aggressive looking tires are only so aggressive on pavement covered with ice.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, I'm a tire whore and have had a few offroad vehicles, and numerous tires on cars/trucks and currently on the F150 have the AT/W, which replaced Nokian Rotiivas, which replaced Duratracs, which replaced Michelin LTX... also had for a brief period, my friend's Goodyear Ultra ice grip.
    Funny. I went from the LTX --> Rotiiva --> KO2. I run the KO2s in summer now, and Toyo Observe for winter.
    Personally I found the Rotiivas to be lacking in grip in the wet. KO2s are way better. Never ran the Rotiivas in snow, had Blizzaks at the time for winter.

Here's how I see it. The LTX is the most practical choice - quiet and smooth. The KO2 look aggressive and is quiet for what it is. The Rotiiva is somewhere in the middle.
    You won't be disappointed with any of them.
    Last edited by CLiVE; 01-05-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Anyone have experience with SAILUN TERRAMAX 3PMS A/T BSW? What are your thought's? Pros, cons?

I am looking at Duratracs, however my source offered me the SAILUN TERRAMAX 3PMS A/T BSW for $375 less than the Duratracs.

I would be using these tires for majority of highway driving and some gravel/mud. The reason for going with this style of tire is so I can keep the same tires year round.

Either tire I go with will have to be replaced once it reaches the 6mm mark.

Should I stick with Duratracs, or save a bit of money and try out the SAILUN TERRAMAX 3PMS A/T BSW?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2