Thread: Official Cryptocurrency Trading Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I doing this right?

Yup
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Technical analysis on bitcoin is pure comedy gold.

My Ride
    *The First*

Am I doing this right?

The award for Best Post Of October, 2019!

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    BTC

I have been all back in when BTC hit 7777, while it is trending higher at around 8444 as of this post. I can see potentially it could still suddenly sell off a make a lower low under 7700. If this happens I think this will be a gift and anyone buying that level will need to be swift and quick. If this opportunity present itself I will certainly add more. Otherwise I am preparing for the next up cycle to resume to the upside
    Update as of last nights actions? And 30% increase (When i had the benefit of longing but sold a bit early $9ks)

Are we going down or up from here? Reasoning?

I'm going to get burned here im sure im setting a 100X leverage (Which i never do @ $9207 (Bitstamp) And reinforcing if we end day below 200MA

It suicide but sometimes we need to yolo

Edit: just got purchased at $9207... inb4 liquidation
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    Update as of last nights actions? And 30% increase (When i had the benefit of longing but sold a bit early $9ks)

Are we going down or up from here? Reasoning?

I'm going to get burned here im sure im setting a 100X leverage (Which i never do @ $9207 (Bitstamp) And reinforcing if we end day below 200MA

It suicide but sometimes we need to yolo

Edit: just got purchased at $9207... inb4 liquidation
    Well with this move I expect the bottom to be in and like all my previous analysis, I am expecting this first move over 10k to be wave 1. I dipped into GBTC 8.4s last week and sold this morning for 30%. Will loko for a pull back into the low 8000s to reload. I will try not to get to cute so leaving most of my coins.shares to ride the move significantly higher.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Care to explain this? Like, are you hoping BTC goes up or down and what sort of $ would you make either way with say a 1k increase/decrease? Just curious

My Ride
    Eclipse

Care to explain this? Like, are you hoping BTC goes up or down and what sort of $ would you make either way with say a 1k increase/decrease? Just curious
    Sorry Bitmex.com lets you use leverage for trading, it's fun 100X is straight gambling but the site is legit.

You need to deposit BTC for XBY

1XBY = 1USD

There is a referral link I can give you, im not sure if either one of us benefits though... I guess you get 10% fee discount for 6 months.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Technical analysis on bitcoin is pure comedy gold.
    I'm convinced this thread is punking us.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Anyone planning on HODL'ing more crypto (not just BTC) in expectation of a global economic and financial slow down? Im seeing a lot more countries jumping into Gold and Crypto lately.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Anyone planning on HODL'ing more crypto (not just BTC) in expectation of a global economic and financial slow down? Im seeing a lot more countries jumping into Gold and Crypto lately.
    This is what worries me actually, a "Global recession" which seem like a very high probability.

I'm not exactly sure if holding BTC is the best bet, I feel it's most likely better than holding in any USD asset, but then BTC is also pegged to USD.

1USD = 1.31CAD

BTC Value

$9470USD or $12,452CAD

If the USD was to fall and take the CAD down (even if not as bad) would mean value of BTC holding in CAD would also decrease I'm assuming? This is my main question/concern.. i really just don't know

It's a slippery slope in that aspect, having a strong USD has benefited me, but it's going to hurt me also when it comes tumbling down and I'm really not sure what the best way to go is? (I've had to keep money in USD for sites and benefited me with USD booming vs CAD) - We like when our investments do well becuase of the currency it's correlated 2 doing better than our currency but it creates greed and not seeing the outcomes.

Do we look at BTC from a EUR or KRW or CNY aspect? I personally think those will get less effected then BTCUSD but all of them will be effected by a global recession.

I also think USDT is nearing it's lifetime as well pretty soon here. I mean come on: https://bitcoinist.com/tether-keeps-...llion-lawsuit/

They were already investigated prior and showed they only had 1.7trill or 2.1 trill usd in assets total and there is 4.1trillion now and the same logic has been used

MORE USDT printed because price going up so worth more
    MORE USDT printed because price going down so we need more!

With gold the reasoning is to create a stable pegged currency (not usd) holding something physical with value - but I just don't see this happening again, but then again china and russia are both stocking up on gold reserves lately.

I think there will be some blockchain technology used in one way or another I'm just not sure how it will be done.

With all that said I'd rather hold in Gold or BTC or ETH (Not most of the ALTS) rather than USD, but I also feel i might be biased against USD, not really sure how to go about it.
    Last edited by Kobe; 11-04-2019 at 04:00 PM.

My Ride

With all that said I'd rather hold in Gold or BTC or ETH (Not most of the ALTS) rather than USD, but I also feel i might be biased against USD, not really sure how to go about it.
    I think this is the best takeaway here - divest in things that have historically done well.

Anyone found BTC Options opportunities? (vehicles to use)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So it's been a while since we've had an updated technical analysis for bitcoin.

Given the recent advances in quantum computing and the political climate in Sudan I applied a forward Rocky analysis to the recent price history. I'm pretty sure based on this it'll break 10k$ by the end of the months, so easy 20% returns to all of you. You can thank me in advance.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The joke that never gets old
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

I think this is the best takeaway here - divest in things that have historically done well.

Anyone found BTC Options opportunities? (vehicles to use)
    Yes. Right now BTC Options are my primary investment vehicle. That and some biotechs.

CME Group Bitcoin Options

Deribit - Bitcoin Options denominated in BTC

I should say up front: make sure you understand how all of your greeks work (and especially implied volatility), and the dangers of running out of liquidity. You'll need a lot of patience to trade these things, and probably nerves of steel.
    Last edited by themack89; 01-28-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    On Sabbatical

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by themack89 View Post
    Yes. Right now BTC Options are my primary investment vehicle. That and some biotechs.

CME Group Bitcoin Options

Deribit - Bitcoin Options denominated in BTC

I should say up front: make sure you understand how all of your greeks work (and especially implied volatility), and the dangers of running out of liquidity. You'll need a lot of patience to trade these things, and probably nerves of steel.

Thanks, IV and others are still at stage 101 for me - but that seems to be the road to take (not just for BTC either).

No immediate plans on Naked puts yet!!! (unlikely I could get these at this stage)

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

Thanks, IV and others are still at stage 101 for me - but that seems to be the road to take (not just for BTC either).

No immediate plans on Naked puts yet!!! (unlikely I could get these at this stage)
    Ah, if you're brand new, this is the order I suggest you learn them in:

Delta, Theta, Vega/Imp Vol, Gamma, and Rho if you wanna get cute. And then learn some basic spreads and figure out how they interact with each greek.

Eventually you'll just start thinking like "ok I want to be long delta, short volatility, theta neutral" and you'll just construct your spreads instead of memorizing them.

If you're a paper/theoretical guy, I got some good options textbooks for you. Send me a pm if you want.
    On Sabbatical

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    The joke that never gets old
    The smart play in this time of volatility, clearly, is to take physical possession of your BTC.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So it's been a while since we've had an updated technical analysis for bitcoin.

Given the recent advances in quantum computing and the political climate in Sudan I applied a forward Rocky analysis to the recent price history. I'm pretty sure based on this it'll break 10k$ by the end of the months, so easy 20% returns to all of you. You can thank me in advance.

So bitcoin was 8,666$ when I posted this. Today it's 9,500$ so I was pretty fucking close when I predicted 10k by the end of the month. Just sayin'

My Ride
    ute

That's just plate tectonics

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So bitcoin was 8,666$ when I posted this. Today it's 9,500$ so I was pretty fucking close when I predicted 10k by the end of the month. Just sayin'
    So I was 2 weeks off but sure enough here we are above 10k. I'm basically a speculative master at this point.

One year ago today BTC was 3400$, today its 10,400$ .... pretty solid return. Bring on the next crash.

Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast