Quantcast
Official Cryptocurrency Trading Thread - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cryptocurrency Trading Thread

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

I work with a guy who is putting all the money he has into bit coin. He says it can't go down because it's going to get harder to mine in May or something like that.

It's hard to talk to him about it because , but he is fully committed.

I kind of want to get a few hundred dollars worth though. I gamble now and then.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I didnt want to post a T/A chart here until I spent some time (months) looking at the concept and results - I've always been more keen on long term T/A (as opposed to short term, which is generally just noise). The idea is to find order on a longer time scale.

The BTC digital scarcity in relation to price, can be modeled on a chart (same as Gold).

I dont claim to understand the math on this, but they have 'fit' this chart back test (always dubious at first).

The big test will be towards the later half of this year when it predicts a rise to about 40,000 USD per BTC by the end of 2020. We should be seeing more movement upwards by summer though.

https://digitalik.net/btc/

Either way, HODLing is the key here - the founders of BTC intended for it to be a STORE of value (not as an exchange method) and this is what they have done.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Eclipse

Better question is who is shorting this.

I feel shorting is so much more exciting then just holding.

My random prediction - $10,900 - $11,400 and down to $5ks.. Or $10,600 if its really bearish...
    Also an added note Fuck the USD and BTC is the future. I really love BTC though.

*Not financial advice I just find this enjoyable and to many people bullish again.

Sentiment is huge though I've learned and I think it's why stocks keep going up. (That and the fucken FED)

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I work with a guy who is putting all the money he has into bit coin. He says it can't go down because it's going to get harder to mine in May or something like that.

It's hard to talk to him about it because , but he is fully committed.

I kind of want to get a few hundred dollars worth though. I gamble now and then.

Friend has a mining farm in Manitoba they spent about $100,000 on it he says it costs around $8,200-$8,400 to mine right now but with all the new machines on the markets bitmain is just crushing, must cost millions to update mining devices I never did consider that.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post

Friend has a mining farm in Manitoba they spent about $100,000 on it he says it costs around $8,200-$8,400 to mine right now but with all the new machines on the markets bitmain is just crushing, must cost millions to update mining devices I never did consider that.
    It's always been that way. The mining difficulty just keeps rising. If you throw numbers in with the hashrate vs cost of a ASIC it looks hella profitable. But if you consider that every single day you make slightly less coins and actually look at the area under the cover ... most miners you barely recover your initial investment after electricity is factored in once you factor in the lead time and shipping and such.

The only people that make bank are bitmain who keep selling all the miners and the ones that get the next generation of miners right away

My Ride

Holy crap, ALL the cryptocoins took a 50% bath the last month or so.

This has got to be the best time to buy since, last time this happened!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Last time I bought crypto, the key with all the keys "died by accident." The currency still seems like the Wild West right now.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Last time I bought crypto, the key with all the keys "died by accident." The currency still seems like the Wild West right now.
    Just now?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Just now?
    I think it's likely a reference to the Quadriga guy who stole everyone's money and faked his death in India.

My Ride

Never, ever trust exchanges for anything but transactions. If you have not learned by now that your own storage is best (combined with offline paper backups).... its caveat emptor.

My Ride

Having said 'buy BTC' - seeing the price pattern in play at the moment, I would give it a couple of days for the bottom to appear. I think we are a few days away from a drop down further.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Having said 'buy BTC' - seeing the price pattern in play at the moment, I would give it a couple of days for the bottom to appear. I think we are a few days away from a drop down further.
    If it gets to the 3,XXX range I'm gonna jump on some for sure. Maybe in the 4's but not sure.

My Ride

Im quite surprised how well coupled BTC is with the money markets.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

So is there any point throwing some money at Bitcoin or Ripple right now and seeing what happens to it? I don't know shit about this as is evident but my friend is starting up right now with someone experienced guiding her, she asked if I want to through some seed money into her experiment and see where it goes.

Worth it?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    So is there any point throwing some money at Bitcoin or Ripple right now and seeing what happens to it? I don't know shit about this as is evident but my friend is starting up right now with someone experienced guiding her, she asked if I want to through some seed money into her experiment and see where it goes.

Worth it?
    If you wanna buy some and gamble on your own, sure. However reading "someone experience guiding her" sounds like a scam and I'd run the fuck away.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    If you wanna buy some and gamble on your own, sure. However reading "someone experience guiding her" sounds like a scam and I'd run the fuck away.
    Let me worry about the credentials of the people doing it, I'm just more interested in is this still a thing with a future or worth gambling a bit of seed money on for something to do?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Online poker seems like a better use of money
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Eclipse

<3 Online poker right now is the best thing that happened since Moneymaker won the WSOP Main event.

I'm now counting in CERB cheques I've won not Bottles of wine.

Please do not play online poker guys, you fucken suck, go invest that money into ANYTHING your ROI will be better 99% of the time but if someone is stupid and wants to play from here though I'm willing to give action though.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post

Worth it?
    Put your cash into some coins that a) have privacy by default and b) can be made quantum resistant (or already are).

Coins like DASH would definitely fall into that category. Even more obscure, secure Quantum-resistant coins like QRL (which has great support but zero marketing) are absolute bargains at the moment.

Now is the time to get in - no one is talking about crypto at the moment. I was hoping for a BTC dump again, but that did not materialize.

- - - Updated - - -

Online poker did not get me 10,000x ROI.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

10,000x ROI! Well done. You've done better 99.99% of people who have invested in Crypto.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Eclipse

10,000x ROI! Well done. You've done better 99.99% of people who have invested in Crypto.
    It's why people lose money in poker as well, they remember the 1 time they had 10,000 ROI in some tournament they won and expect it to be consistent.

Doesn't work like that, nor does it work like that in Cryptos. avg good trader has like 5-9% ROI

Poker, can be all over the place if you only play 1 game or if you only make 1 trade...

Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast