Quantcast
Official Cryptocurrency Trading Thread - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cryptocurrency Trading Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's why people lose money in poker as well, they remember the 1 time they had 10,000 ROI in some tournament they won and expect it to be consistent.

Doesn't work like that, nor does it work like that in Cryptos. avg good trader has like 5-9% ROI

Poker, can be all over the place if you only play 1 game or if you only make 1 trade...
    $75/hr to do something you love from the comfort of anywhere with an internet connection does not seem so bad.

Is an ~11% ROI your average over a longer period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    <3 Online poker right now is the best thing that happened since Moneymaker won the WSOP Main event.

I'm now counting in CERB cheques I've won not Bottles of wine.

Please do not play online poker guys, you fucken suck, go invest that money into ANYTHING your ROI will be better 99% of the time but if someone is stupid and wants to play from here though I'm willing to give action though.
    Serious question, but might sound dumb... how does someone actually get good at online poker? are you running analytics in the background? how do they deter cheating like that?
    In person you can read body language... but online, you don't have much to go off?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Serious question, but might sound dumb... how does someone actually get good at online poker? are you running analytics in the background? how do they deter cheating like that?
    In person you can read body language... but online, you don't have much to go off?
    Focus and discipline are a good start. That'll beat most players.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    10,000x ROI! Well done. You've done better 99.99% of people who have invested in Crypto.
    Its not a competition. Buying into crypto at the lulls (present) has always worked when one considers the long term return.

Not only did i buy into BTC back when it was 300$ and 5000$, but also heated my garage with a mining rig back in 2013.

My Ride
    Eclipse

It's a bit lower over a much larger sample size.

Poker has an Adjusted ROI (What you should of won getting it in bad or good) and ROI (What you earned) I think my adj ROI is around 7.5-8% over a much larger sample but I'm not exactly sure because I play more than 1 site and it's not combined + they dont track properly in the database only Pokerstars tracks properly.

Solid job on the math though helps when USD is so strong since thats in USD...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    A lot of studying, if someone tells you they are good at poker and doesn't study they are full of shit.
    Analyzing data and being honest with yourself helps a lot.

There is just so much but tools like PIO help. https://www.piosolver.com/ you can watch a tutorial on how it works there and realizing what it does to balance ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Focus and discipline are a good start. That'll beat most players.
    Chasing losses and tilt is def what kills most people but if you make bad fundamental mistakes over and over it wont allow you to win in the long run with that play.
    Last edited by Kobe; 04-16-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I for sure just play poker for entertainment only. My losses are the cost of that entertainment. It takes a lot of work to do it as a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Playing poker you can eventually get the skills to lessen your chances of losing money. With Crytpo you're still at the mercy of the market, a volatile market at that.

If you're going to bet on something, poker seems like a better choice. Course I don't do either, dabble in rather boring investing instead actually
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Playing poker you can eventually get the skills to lessen your chances of losing money. With Crytpo you're still at the mercy of the market, a volatile market at that.

If you're going to bet on something, poker seems like a better choice. Course I don't do either, dabble in rather boring investing instead actually
    I really disagree because 90% of people are losing money in poker it's just like 90% of traders are losing money as well.

But you can't put money on a pokersite and just earn money after 20 hours of studying (Which is nothing and 90% of people don't do)

But if you leave money in a stock/crypto you believe in over a couple years your odds of making money on the stock/crypto are much higher than poker.

It's similar in a lot of aspects though you can study all that technical analysis crap, use proper bankroll managment in both and have a higher chance to get a positive ROI on your money but you could study for 20hours or 100 hours learning TA if you do not believe in what you are doing and start to chase losses day trading you will lose more over a large sample.

I'd be willing to bet on anyone here that doesn't play poker full time (There is 1 other beyond member for sure not sure if he is active anymore) that if they did play poker their ROI would be worse than if they invested it into crypto/stocks over a sample that could be discussed..

5,000 games of poker or 1 year in a crypto. (Some legit one not like bitconnect)

I'd bet you will lose more in poker than in any crypto and yes Poker is volatile thats why we need a longer timeframe. (1 year is really short too)

Market is volatile but if you look at it over a larger time frame it's not that bad.

You have guys like Joe007 on bitfinex who of course has capital but he also does know what he is doing and does crush trading it.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by Kobe; 04-16-2020 at 09:02 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Agree to disagree, it's ok. No really it is.
    Ultracrepidarian

So I'm going to need some education here - as I'm totally new to crypto. Quite frankly I'm just poking around to learn, and opened an account with CoinBerry.

If I look at the Buy/Sell spread, it's over $500 ($12,525 to sell and $13,029 to buy). Is this typical of an exchange to have a 4% spread between Buy/Sell? Seems absurd.

My Ride
    NC1

Find what it is you don’t do well in life and don’t do that thing lol

Work smart not hard but chances are you gotta work hard to figure out how to work smart.

Fortune favours the bold. You go Kobe.

As I get older, simplify and accepting one’s limitations. I can’t beat the market so I’ll go with the market.

I use to think I could be a day trader and poker player. I’m glad I kept my day job.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by liquid1010 View Post
    So I'm going to need some education here - as I'm totally new to crypto. Quite frankly I'm just poking around to learn, and opened an account with CoinBerry.

If I look at the Buy/Sell spread, it's over $500 ($12,525 to sell and $13,029 to buy). Is this typical of an exchange to have a 4% spread between Buy/Sell? Seems absurd.

God no thats horrible, be careful with coinberry and do some research, on sites like bitmex the spreads are only $0.50

My Ride

BTC price appears to correlate to the S2F model as mentioned months ago - its projecting 15,000 USD by Sept/Oct.

https://digitalik.net/btc/

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I didnt want to post a T/A chart here until I spent some time (months) looking at the concept and results - I've always been more keen on long term T/A (as opposed to short term, which is generally just noise). The idea is to find order on a longer time scale.

The BTC digital scarcity in relation to price, can be modeled on a chart (same as Gold).

I dont claim to understand the math on this, but they have 'fit' this chart back test (always dubious at first).

The big test will be towards the later half of this year when it predicts a rise to about 40,000 USD per BTC by the end of 2020. We should be seeing more movement upwards by summer though.

Last edited by revelations; 07-30-2020 at 05:22 PM.

I am starting to get excited about crypto again!

What exchanges are people using that allow CDN deposits and have reasonable fees/ spread? Anything beat shakepay?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

BTC broke above 12k and climbing ... curious if we'll see another run up in the fall towards November then a crash for Christmas / Chinese New Year. Happened a few times so far. 15k for October might be possible.

My Ride

We could potentially see a lot more than that if the financial systems start to dump in the fall, as has happened many times. Our own currency is going to take a hit as well given the amount of fiscal stupidity thats about to happen with the departure of fiscal restraint from this country.

I have been telling everyone to load up on physical precious metals as well as crypto - in a diverse portfolio.

My Ride

Something to keep a watch on - BTC to GOLD price.

https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/...price-in-gold/

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Aiya, the taxes with crypto are way more complicated than I first realized.

I misthought that I didnt have to pay any tax just holding crypto altcoins until I sold into Canadian or US or whatever fiat currency....wrong.

So now I have a $500 capital gain I didnt pay in 2017 and a couple of big losses I also didnt realize in 2018 and 2019. And then this year I will have a bit of a gain maybe - see if the price rebounds. I was starting to work out all my shit on paper and then got recommended to just plug all my wallets into cointracker.io which just works out all the years for me.

If anyone is in the same boat here is my cointracker ref:
    https://www.cointracker.io/i/ByTyFa8dSyhs

Filed my 2017 and 2018 adjustments and got billed around $400 for both years this morning, not bad. The interest on the amount was about $35
    Last edited by nzwasp; 09-08-2020 at 08:00 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    BTC broke above 12k and climbing ... curious if we'll see another run up in the fall towards November then a crash for Christmas / Chinese New Year. Happened a few times so far. 15k for October might be possible.
    Nov 6th price: 15,467$

Just sayin'

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast