Quantcast
Official Cryptocurrency Trading Thread - Page 29 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 723

Thread: Official Cryptocurrency Trading Thread

  1. #561
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Eclipse
    Posts
    1,647
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it didn't take long to start receiving scam messages regarding ledger. Received one this morning infact.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Doesnt the SEC consider all crypto as securities, why would any other coin be different? I thought there was some banks that were using Ripple.
    They aren't.. I think some of the people on the board of SEC

    https://cryptobriefing.com/bitcoin-r...-sec-chairman/



    I think ATB Financial used ripple and had a video online of them using it before, but a few months later I was unable to find the video online any

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pshh, companies being sued is just normal business nowadays.

    Makes me wonder since I have no kids to pass anything onto, why would I save up a big pile of crypto or even US dollars. Realistically the only thing I would do with a million dollars or 42 bitcoin, is sue NASA for being lying Nazi dickwads.

    I can see crypto being useful for one thing other than drugs and guns. You could gather funds on a global scale for lawsuits against governments (against the US government) much easier. I mean, it would be impossible to setup a gofundme page to sue Nasa if you only accepted US dollars, but if you accepted crypto - you could rally it up pretty quick. 1 bitcoin from 200 people would be enough to hire a good lawyer team for a year.

    Suing NASA because you know - lifelong worthy goals and all.
    I haven't read this book but

    https://www.amazon.ca/Die-Zero-Getti.../dp/0358099765

    "Die with Zero" I think is a really good way to look at it, I respect Bill Perkins a ton for how he looks at life.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

  2. #562
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Ford F150
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have about 4000 XRP sitting on a ledger from years ago. Missed the spike so just let it sit there as a gamble. Looks like it might not pay off
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

  3. #563
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Airdrie
    My Ride
    '05 Cororra, '16 Rex, '21 F-150
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Should've asked this question before I started, but do you have to pay capital gains on the money you make? Literature I read on CRA makes it sound like you only need to if you day-trade?

  4. #564
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should've asked this question before I started, but do you have to pay capital gains on the money you make? Literature I read on CRA makes it sound like you only need to if you day-trade?
    https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...ncy-guide.html

    In short, yes you have to pay taxes on the money you make. However, how you claim crypto gains is a bit of grey area depending on (1) how to use crypto (2) how much crypto you are trading (3) if you are a business - crypto mining/ atms/ exchanges

  5. #565
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Aspen
    My Ride
    F-Sport
    Posts
    10,278
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Wild for gbtc. So much action. Had a buy order for 27.80 last trading day but canceled it. As high as 33.xx this morning dang it. Now I put my buy order back up for 27.80

  6. #566
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Lexus IS250
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Still HODLING 4/5 of a BTC worth of GBTC since 8. Only ragret was not getting QBTC in the oll RRSP back then but it was tracking bitcoin like shit

  7. #567
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,737
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Daaaaymn BTC...
    Over 32.5k

  8. #568
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Aspen
    My Ride
    F-Sport
    Posts
    10,278
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    it’s insane.

    Side bet a buddy who said it’ll hit 100k at some point this year. I said it’s possible but not this year lol

    Hoping for a correction and I’ll toss 100 shares into gbtc and let it ride

  9. #569
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    916
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    My strategy is to just buy ETH far cheaper and it moves with BTC, ETH also provides the gas fees for many altcoins I think so it has some use there despite all the other uses it will have. I do have about $1500 worth of BTC but im just letting it sit there. I would wish one day maybe in 5 or 10 years you could have BTC/ETH and other crypto in your TFSA but for now the govt doesnt seem to be interested in any crypto at all.

  10. #570
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,377
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    this is insane and a direct result of the devaluation of the USD and the institutions (not public) now running into BTC - not only is BTC slamming up, other items like expensive watches and art is jumping up as well as people are flocking away from cash, etc. and into hard assets.

  11. #571
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,737
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this is insane and a direct result of the devaluation of the USD and the institutions (not public) now running into BTC - not only is BTC slamming up, other items like expensive watches and art is jumping up as well as people are flocking away from cash, etc. and into hard assets.
    First edition charizards?

  12. #572
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    1925 nickel of course.
    Opportunity Cost : Columbus spent $0 on burned carbon fuels to find America.

  13. #573
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Aspen
    My Ride
    F-Sport
    Posts
    10,278
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this is insane and a direct result of the devaluation of the USD and the institutions (not public) now running into BTC - not only is BTC slamming up, other items like expensive watches and art is jumping up as well as people are flocking away from cash, etc. and into hard assets.
    Good point. Sports cards have gone crazy. Nostalgia is real!!

  14. #574
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    I have a ledger that I haven't used. How do I buy some Doges?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

  15. #575
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,377
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point. Sports cards have gone crazy. Nostalgia is real!!
    holy shit, yes .... didnt a #99 rookie card double in value the past 6 months or something?

    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1979-80-OPC-...QAAOSwCxtf6Ww-
    Last edited by revelations; 01-03-2021 at 12:49 PM.

  16. #576
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    86 Mustang GT, 02 Impreza, 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Posts
    3,017
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I had a couple pennies in BTC left in a Kraken account from 5 years ago, just looked and its worth 80 bucks now.

    stonks
    86 Mustang / [email protected] / 360whp 420ftlbs
    02 Impreza / [email protected] / 240whp 270ftlbs

  17. #577
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That jogged my memory, and started searching through my emails. I just found $200(US) worth of ETH in a super old GDAX - now Coinbase Pro account that I had no idea existed. Almost worth trying to figure out how to get it out.

  18. #578
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    What's the reputable exchange of the month?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

  19. #579
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,883
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    They are all reputable.

  20. #580
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I 've been using Newton

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stupid cryptocurrency question - how are coins "lost?"

    By ExtraSlow in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 11-11-2017, 07:20 PM
  2. Technical Trading / Swing Trading

    By S2kpwr in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 11-30-2011, 05:24 PM
  3. Stock Trading Thread

    By sputnik in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 69
    Latest Threads: 11-30-2004, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •