Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cryptocurrency Trading Thread

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I always appreciate a good TA joke.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

First it was Visa blocking crypto purchases, today I get this email from my bank:

We often review our policies to maintain the trust of our customers and regulators. Based on a recent review, we wanted to share an update regarding virtual currency. As of February 1st, customers will no longer be permitted to buy virtual currency with a PC Financial Mastercard. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    First it was Visa blocking crypto purchases, today I get this email from my bank:

We often review our policies to maintain the trust of our customers and regulators. Based on a recent review, we wanted to share an update regarding virtual currency. As of February 1st, customers will no longer be permitted to buy virtual currency with a PC Financial Mastercard. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you.
    I think pretty much all major banks have blocked it now. I know for sure TD and RBC have.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I was loading up on BTC back when it was 400$ a few years back (during the doldrums) - every month 100$ or so on the CC through coin-base when suddenly all transactions stopped.

Now, I believe you can use Android Pay in some cases to, indirectly get BTC (or direct?). God, just makes money laundering easier.

My Ride
    XT6

For those interested Quadriga is in CCCA: https://www.quadrigacx.com/ with my old firm...

That is likely one of their cold wallets: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/addre...DKx3YAMwDVygGB

The death of the owner Gerald (Founder), Canadian Bank issues and decline in the markets impact on the business seems to have been disguised from customers up until now.

I kept about 1/3 of my crypto on that exchange (shit...), really hope they do the right thing but I've already written off the money in my head.

Also, given that they stated they don't have access to their cold wallets and this address has funds moving leaves me concerned. Hopefully the death is not a red herring for him being on a beach somewhere?

The whole thing smells like an exit scam. From Reddit, apparently the CEO died from complications from crohn's disease while on a trip to India to build an Orphanage.

We need to get the Beyond CSI team involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    For those interested Quadriga is in CCCA: https://www.quadrigacx.com/ with my old firm...

That is likely one of their cold wallets: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/addre...DKx3YAMwDVygGB

The death of the owner Gerald (Founder), Canadian Bank issues and decline in the markets impact on the business seems to have been disguised from customers up until now.

I kept about 1/3 of my crypto on that exchange (shit...), really hope they do the right thing but I've already written off the money in my head.

Also, given that they stated they don't have access to their cold wallets and this address has funds moving leaves me concerned. Hopefully the death is not a red herring for him being on a beach somewhere?
    Last edited by S-FLY; 02-01-2019 at 10:13 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by S-FLY View Post
    The whole thing smells like an exit scam. From Reddit, apparently the CEO died from complications from crohn's disease while on a trip to India to build an Orphanage.

We need to get the Beyond CSI team involved.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/QuadrigaCX2...ess_found_and/

Tldr: exit scam.

EDIT:

Last edited by Xtrema; 02-05-2019 at 01:05 PM.

My Ride
    Eclipse

I remember my friend was alwways telling me how QuadrigaCX was great, blah blah. I was into crypto at the time but I remember you couldn't actually withdrawal the BTC from the site to a wallet.

So I stayed the fuck away from it, he can thank me now since he ended up staying away from it too..

For anyone that had money on it keep your head up I remember when Bitcoin Cash came out I tried to transfer BTC to HitBTC but I sent it to the BCH account by mistake.

Support pretty much told me I'm screwed, but they ended up retreiving it after a few weeks, I ended up writing off that money for awhile too.

I think they will def retrieve the passwords to the cold wallets though, but that sucks... :/
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    a tank

BTC

its actually great when no one is talking about it these days. After a massive descending triangle breakdown, now it is working on a small ascending triangle possibly with upside breakout once consolidation completes.
    edit: although I also wanted to mention BTC is also due for another cycle low, so any pop could be fake out follow by yet another new low under 3100. In which case if this happens, it will be the buy of the century. There is no other way to cut it so long BTC is under 6k, it is in a bear market.

Last edited by SilverRex; 03-22-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    BTC

its actually great when no one is talking about it these days. After a massive descending triangle breakdown, now it is working on a small ascending triangle possibly with upside breakout once consolidation completes.
    edit: although I also wanted to mention BTC is also due for another cycle low, so any pop could be fake out follow by yet another new low under 3100. In which case if this happens, it will be the buy of the century. There is no other way to cut it so long BTC is under 6k, it is in a bear market.

TDLR: It could go up or down.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by mogg View Post
    tdlr: It could go up or down.
    #ta
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Mogg View Post
    TDLR: It could go up or down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    BTC

You have been the most Bullish person I ever met.

But I do agree with you that BTC hasn't been talked about. (However I think we need A lot longer)

I still feel 1 more drop coming because of how bears have controlled everything and all the volume is fake for BTC last few months?

With that said I'm really wanting to buy back in right now but feel I shouldn't (I did buy a bit back)

I feel i'm in a phase that if anything happens right now I'm bearish on BTC (Bad thinking obv)
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    a tank

BTC

well im glad the ascending triangle pattern came thru. Patterns are about 70% correct. Why wouldnt you play it. anyhow not only did it break out, it managed to close above the 200 moving average as well as the declining channel line that has put a damper on BTC for over a year. So long BTC holds above 4600, it will remain very bullish. Re-capturing 6000 would probably seal the bottom for good. Until then, 4169 is a must hold. If this area fails, this rally is would be just another head fake.

I have been averaging down on BTCS/BTSC all the way down finally up on those is a nice feeling I have long forgotten.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

I've been loosely following the SEC approval process of the VanEck SolidX Bitcoin Trust (ETF). Bought into some bitcoin derivatives when it was trading around $3,800. Best trade this year so far @ 182%!

If anyone else is interested in getting into this highly illiquid and highly leveraged trading instrument, let me know!

*Edit, link if anyone is interested in the literature:
    https://www.sec.gov/comments/sr-cboe...bzx2019004.htm
    This should give you enough to go off.
    On Sabbatical

My Ride
    a tank

BTC

Down to the hourly chart, it would appear wave 3 of 3 may have been completed and wave 4 of 3 should take it down under 5k preferably some where close to 4800 or below. As long as the 4169-4230 area does not get broken. All counts favor a new up cycle has started and 3100 quite possibly will be a low for a very long time.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

BTC

been waiting for BTC to fall under 4800 for some time now, and hence I sold most of my bitcoin shares including Hive @0.75 which was pretty nice considering what happen to them recently. Now I can look to buy back low.

The wave 4 drop below 4800 may be starting now as I see an impulsive move down yesterday, so far the bounce is only 3 waves so technically this is counter rally with outlook remaining weak. I expect drop below 4800 still to complete the wave 4 pull back. If you look at all other coins, LTC, ETH etc, they never grind into a higher high. under the 4800 level I will start to scoop up cheap bitcoin shares.

The only trend changing thought is only if BTC manages to punch back up thru 5400, then the 6800-7100 region for a wave 3 top in this up leg will be very much in play.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

BTC hasnt dropped below 4900 yet but looking at LTC and ETH one could say other coins are moving down to their sub 4 low as expected. BTC may have taken on a more bullish stance, if BTC reclaims above 4800, then that could mean the sub 4 low correction is completed and now targets 6000+ to complete a higher degree wave 3. Follow by a more significant drop back to the current area. Still plenty of time to accumulate ahead of us, but for those already in, a profit taking area is coming up.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Im more interested in long term trends, macroeconomically speaking. There is definitely a relationship between price and scarcity.

https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-price...el-stock-flow/

The chart implies a slow price progression upwards.

Last edited by revelations; 05-07-2019 at 10:43 AM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

So you guys are saying one day my DASH bag will make me rich? Lol.

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast