Quantcast
Computer Lab Clean up - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Computer Lab Clean up

Default Computer Lab Clean up

Lots of gear from my lab that I'm not using any more. All of it is used but works 100%.More items have been added to the thread.

Two SuperMicro 1U Atom servers
    Atom D525 processor
    3GB RAM / 4GB RAM
    2x 1Gbps onboard NIC
    Onboard VGA
    Onboard Serial
    USB
    1 PCIe slot for expansion. I've used these as storage servers and firewalls. Both servers are essentially identical except for the RAM and a glossy / matte black case with a few scuffs from normal use.
    Both of these servers have been SOLD

HP Proliant DL380 G6 Server (2u)
    Dual Xeon 5540 Processors
    48 GB ECC Server RAM
    6x 146GB SAS 10000 rpm drives
    onboard P410 RAID
    DVD ROM
    4x onboard 1Gbps NICs
    Works perfectly handling about a dozen virtual machines.
    SOLD

Cisco 3560E 48 port (3560E-48TD) Managed Switch. 48 gigabit ports and 2 Cisco X2 (10 Gig) ports
    Specs are available HERE.
    Currently running IOS 12.2(55)SE11 with no special configuration in place. If you aren't into managing the switch, it will run this way as an unmanaged switch.
    Console cable and power cable included.
    $180

I'm still cleaning up so I'll probably have a few more things to add in the next day or so.
    Last edited by SportTwin; 01-21-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    Great scotch is great precisely because you drink it with great friends.

Adding more gear to the list:

Knurr 42u (full height) server rack, fully enclosed, adjustable rails (forward and back) with vented front door, split rear door. Includes a 240V half height PDU (made by Spectrum Power Management), some writeline blanking plates (plastic) and a selection of rack nuts and bolts.
    SOLD

Proliant G6 DL380 Xeon 5520 (Oops I previously listed this as a 5504, my bad)
    12GB ECC Registered server RAM
    1x 146GB SAS HDD
    P410i onboard RAID controller
    Four onboard 1Gbps NICS
    iLO management port
    dual 460watt PSUs

$110 (updated to remove the hard drives listed originally)
    SOLD

I should have some more showing up later today.
    Last edited by SportTwin; 01-21-2018 at 10:35 AM.

This was my home/lab FreeNAS box for the past 3 years or so. I'd like to sell as a complete package:

Norco 4224 case - this is a 4u rack mounted 24 bay ATX case. Purchased new from Amazon. Stock fans (4x 80mm and 2x 60mm installed)
    ATX Power Supply 500w I believe - it's enough to power up all of the drives in the enclosure
    ATX Motherboard power switch (Amazon) purchased so that it doesn't need to run with a motherboard installed
    HP SAS Expander with all of the SAS cables necessary to connect the back planes in the Norco case (there are six)
    PCIe power board - this is typically used in cryptocurrency mining, but works great to power up the SAS Expander card.
    External SAS cable
    IBM M1015 card flashed to LSI 9211-8i IT firmware.

SOLD

Four Toshiba 450GB SAS Hard Drives. These are less than six months old, two are. Purchased from ebay. They are awesome. Quiet, low powered and great performance on them. $150 for the lot or $40 each. They are installed in the HP 2.5" drive carriers so they fit into the HP G6 servers listed above, or any other G5 or G7 2.5" bay.
    SOLD

Two Toshiba 450GB Hard Drives (same as the ones listed above) - still in the foil, never been used.
    Removed - these will be included with the last server I'm listing.

One 300GB HP SAS Drive 10K rpm - SOLD

Two APC 1500VA rack mounted UPS units - Free BUT they each need to have their batteries replaced. One has a full set installed, but they are done, the other has had the batteries removed. Both pulled from my working lab environment, no network adapter card installed but they have the USB connection available for monitoring externally. They also include the rack mount rails needed to support them (or anything else that is super heavy)
    GONE

Two rack-mounted 1u drawers - They work great to support a KVM.
    Gone.

Starview SV431USB - VGA/USB KVM Switch 4x1. Works great, comes with a full set of cables. Used for local management on the above servers. $20

Cable management system for a rack - includes four short/shallow cable ladders (approximately 10" long), three long/shallow ladders (approximately 18" long), and two long deep ladders (approximately 16" long), and a server cable arm (accordion cables behind rack equipment if you slide it out)
    $20 for all of the cable management pieces or free with the purchase of the rack listed above.
    SOLD

Four empty HP SAS trays - for installing a 2.5" drive into one of the Proliant servers I listed above (works on G5, G6, G7 models)

One Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 card. This is a sweet card for network PVR work if you run Kodi. ATSC so it will pull down HD channels from an antenna
    $15

Two G.Skill DDR2 1066 RAM 1GB sticks (F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK kit) pulled from working system
    Free

Six 1GB DDR2-6400 RAM Modules pulled from working systems
    Free

Three Hynix 512MB DDR2-5300 SODIMM modules - Free

Two Kingston 512MB Modules DDR6400 modules (kth-xw4300/512 kit) - Free

Two 1u rack mounted PCs - Free with the purchase of anything else I'm listing here. These are low power PCs that were once used as firewalls. They are great for simulating some user activity, but pretty underpowered for most things. They are sometimes used in industrial control systems. 512MB RAM, and I cannot remember the other specs.
    Last edited by SportTwin; 02-22-2018 at 10:31 PM.

20 - Seagate 3TB (ST3000DM001) Hard Drives - $35 each or all twenty for $600. All powered up and tested this morning.

Also the Xeon 5520 Proliant server is adjusted to correctly show the number of hard drives it has.

9 Drives are now sold, 11 remaining.
    Last edited by SportTwin; 01-21-2018 at 10:36 AM.

My Ride
    2019 Acura TLX

PM sent

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Where you located? I'd like 2 of the 450gb sas drives and the 4 empty HP SAS trays for my g5 and the 300gb sas drive.

Cochrane. I'll PM you with the details.

ASUS AC-RT3100 Wifi router. Great shape, no complaints, I just moved to a Ubiquiti system so I no longer need it.
    SOLD

Raspberry Pi Zero - just the Pi, no power, or adapters. Works great. Used it as a retro pi rig for a while.
    SOLD

3 Sticks of 2GB HP Server RAM (ECC REG) This will not work in a regular workstation.
    $20 for all three

HP SAS Expander (487738-001) card - if you want to place the DVD ROM on an HP server with and 8x 2.5" bay you'll need this, or you can use it for what I used it for and run a massive storage array with an HBA
    $40

Linksys PAP2T Voip Adapter (with power cable) - stock firmware.
    SOLD
    Last edited by SportTwin; 01-29-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Last big item to add for the moment:

HP Proliant DL385G7 (2u server)
    Opteron 6134 Processor with room to install a second CPU (not included)
    32GB REG ECC RAM (4x8GB, total of 8 more available slots for RAM on this processor, an additional 12 slots available if you install a second processor)
    2x new (still in foil, unused) 450GB Toshiba Dual Channel SAS 10K RPM Drives, room for six more 2.5" SAS/SATA drives
    Onboard p410i RAID controller with battery backup and 256MB RAM
    HP 4x 1Gbps NIC and 4x onboard 1Gbps Network connections (this was being used as a firewall, so its has a lot of connectivity options)
    iLO management port
    onboard VGA, Serial, USB
    Dual 460W Power Supplies
    4Gb fiber channel storage card
    DVDROM
    Rack rails are included
    Power cables are included

Looking for $350.
    Note: it threw an alert in the last week it was running. I suspect it is a fan (easily replaceable) since it had zero effect on the operation of the server. I'll dig into the log and confirm so that I'm not selling anything that has a known issue.

Bump ^^^

I looked into the alert and it looks like a power supply cable was loose - nothing to worry about.

I'm fielding offers on the remaining hardware:

Five - empty HP SAS trays - for installing a 2.5" drive into one of the Proliant servers I listed above (works on G5, G6, G7 models) - Free

One Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 card. This is a sweet card for network PVR work if you run Kodi. ATSC so it will pull down HD channels from an antenna
    $15

Two G.Skill DDR2 1066 RAM 1GB sticks (F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK kit) pulled from working system
    Free

Six 1GB DDR2-6400 RAM Modules pulled from working systems
    Free

Three Hynix 512MB DDR2-5300 SODIMM modules - Free

Two Kingston 512MB Modules DDR6400 modules (kth-xw4300/512 kit) - Free

Two 1u rack mounted PCs - Free with the purchase of anything else I'm listing here. These are low power PCs that were once used as firewalls. They are great for simulating some user activity, but pretty underpowered for most things. They are sometimes used in industrial control systems. 512MB RAM, and I cannot remember the other specs.

12 - Seagate 3TB (ST3000DM001) Hard Drives - $35 each , I'll make deals on multiples.

3 Sticks of 2GB HP Server RAM (ECC REG) This will not work in a regular workstation.
    $20 for all three

HP SAS Expander (487738-001) card - if you want to place the DVD ROM on an HP server with and 8x 2.5" bay you'll need this, or you can use it for what I used it for and run a massive storage array with an HBA
    $40
    Last edited by SportTwin; 02-14-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Bump.

Price drop on the G7 server to $300 and I will include my remaining ECC/REG server RAM (8GB and 2GB sticks, but I haven't had an opportunity to test them)
    Price drop on the Cisco switch to $160
    Price drop on the expander to $35
    Price drop on the Seagate 3TB HDDs to $25 each
    Price drop on the Hauppauge card to $10

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Probably a dumb question but the seagate 3TB are just plain old sata drives I can add to a pc for extra storage etc?

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Same as this?

Yup, plain old SATA. I think all of them are ST3000DM001.
    I run them all through CrystalDisk to confirm that they are good to go before I sell them (I did have a couple that showed remapped sectors on them)

The 3TB drives are now gone. I'm going to hang onto a couple of them for other projects.

TTT

HP Proliant Server still available. I'm reducing the price to $220.

HP Proliant DL385G7 (2u server)
    Opteron 6134 Processor with room to install a second CPU (not included)
    32GB REG ECC RAM (4x8GB, total of 8 more available slots for RAM on this processor, an additional 12 slots available if you install a second processor)
    2x new (still in foil, unused) 450GB Toshiba Dual Channel SAS 10K RPM Drives, room for six more 2.5" SAS/SATA drives
    Onboard p410i RAID controller with battery backup and 256MB RAM
    HP 4x 1Gbps NIC and 4x onboard 1Gbps Network connections (this was being used as a firewall, so its has a lot of connectivity options)
    iLO management port
    onboard VGA, Serial, USB
    Dual 460W Power Supplies
    4Gb fiber channel storage card
    DVDROM
    Rack rails are included
    Power cables are included

Pretty much everything is gone. Just the two 450GB SAS drives left. $50 for the pair.