Quantcast
Blenders - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blenders

The people bashing Vitamix have just never had a smoothie made in one, or nice fresh hot soup courtesy of their blender.

Not to mention, they last forever.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Ninja is the Hyundai of blenders. Paper specs good, but doesn't perform as well as you thought it would.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With my model of Ninja ($100), I easily blend frozen fruit or can mulch ice. So how does a Vitamix blend "better"?
    I went from an Oster blender to the top of the line Nutribullet to Vitamix. They all blend frozen fruit and ice but the Vitamix smoothies are smoother, thicker (don't need to be watered down), and more homogenous. Think slurpee vs milkshake consistency wise. I too didn't think there would be much improvement to be gained by going to a Vitamix until I bought one on a stupid deal on shop.ca.

I've used mine for baby food, smoothies, popsicles, soup, hummus, nut butters. The start-to-finish soup in the blender thing is a stupid gimmick, most vitamix soup recipes require cooking in some form, and even if they don't, sauteing/browning the ingredients improves the flavor enough that it's worth cooking it separately anyways.
    Last edited by Strider; 01-10-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Silverado

soup in a vitamix lol. why not just heat it in a pot...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Because you aren't making canned soup.

You're making homemade soup, from scratch.

Trust me, its amazing.

My Ride
    Hybrid

It sounds great in theory... Throw a handful of garden fresh tomatoes in the blender, turn it on and come back to delicious hot tomato soup in 6-8 minutes. You have to blend it anyways, so you skip watching the stove, stirring, washing the pot.

But anything like squash, cauliflower, potato you'll have to cook anyways. If you use garlic/onions in your soup, then you'll want to saute it for flavor and to prevent bitterness. So at that point, you might as well bring out a pot and cook it in there then blend - then you also don't have to put up with the noise.
    Last edited by Strider; 01-10-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I think if you were to go on a diet, Vitamix soup would be really convenient. It might not tastes like the best soup you ever had, but it's decent enough and healthy.

I always liked the taco vegetable soup they have as a recipe:
    Tomato, celery, carrots, garlic, some bouillon, taco seasoning, water, that's it.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Go look at any smoothie place, Thai Tai, Booster Juice, Jugo Juice, etc. They are all running either Vitamix or Blendtec commercial blenders, and there's a reason for that - they trounce Ninja/Oster/Etc.

The way the blenders at that price deal with ice is just next level. I'm in the middle of trying to copy some of Thai Tai's recipes for a project I'm working on in Toronto, and it's Vitamix all the way.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    DA6, R59

I had plenty of the $25-50 walmart blenders and they only last about a year and they crap out just from making smoothies... Had a magic bullet for bit but it was never powerful enough to blend and I had to keep taking out the cup, shaking it and put it back in to move shit around. Its now been about 2 or 3 years now since I got a Vitamix and that thing is pretty amazing, never tried the soup thing though...

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    It sounds great in theory... Throw a handful of garden fresh tomatoes in the blender, turn it on and come back to delicious hot tomato soup in 6-8 minutes. You have to blend it anyways, so you skip watching the stove, stirring, washing the pot.

But anything like squash, cauliflower, potato you'll have to cook anyways. If you use garlic/onions in your soup, then you'll want to saute it for flavor and to prevent bitterness. So at that point, you might as well bring out a pot and cook it in there then blend - then you also don't have to put up with the noise.
    the noise is the big thing for me, I would have to leave my main floor entirely if I wanted to do that haha. I remember one time they were demoing it at williams sonoma when i was in there. you could barely talk to the person at the counter.

the noise is the big thing for me, I would have to leave my main floor entirely if I wanted to do that haha. I remember one time they were demoing it at williams sonoma when i was in there. you could barely talk to the person at the counter.
    The newer ones are around 40% quieter than the tall, traditional Vitamix that Costco still sells. It's loud but not bad at all, no worse than any other blender pretty much.

My Ride
    G37X

My Walmart Ninja kicks ass. Blenders snobs, now I've seen it all!

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by jdmXSI View Post
    Had a magic bullet for bit but it was never powerful enough to blend and I had to keep taking out the cup, shaking it and put it back in to move shit around.
    Still rocking one of these for the few times a year I blend something.
    I learned this trick from someone; while the unit is blending, pick it up motor cup and all and shake. Works well enough for me.
    At the rate I blend, each time I use a vitamix in 10 years is equivalent to buying a new magic bullet LOL

This thread kind of reminds me of the winter tires or the flagship phone arguments.

"i can drive just fine with my all seasons so what's the point of winters? waste of money"

"my 3 year old samsung S5 works great, who needs the latest S8? waste of money"

"my $100 blender works just fine, what's the point of a $700 blender? waste of money"

is this really that hard of a concept to grasp? i don't even own a blender but even i can understand that a top of the line product will have a different outcome than a $100 magic bullet or mid range ninja. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    is this really that hard of a concept to grasp? i don't even own a blender but even i can understand that a top of the line product will have a different outcome than a $100 magic bullet or mid range ninja. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.
    I guess it just depends on your needs. If my $100 Ninja blends enough to my liking, why would I buy a $700 blender?

Another example of such, is people buying a $1500 computer when all they do is Facebook, email, Candy Crush, etc.

EDIT: Ditto on using my old phone, and also what jwslam said below.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 01-10-2018 at 04:50 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Re: 2 posts above

2) Your choice of phone has no effect on me
    3) Your choice of blender has no effect on me

1) When you choose to drive down deerfoot going 30 on your bald all seasons, YES THAT AFFECTS ME

The new vitamix models are so much quieter than the old one that I have but it won't die so I can't justify a replacement. I did see a fancy new one with preprogrammed blends for smoothies and soups...etc.

Soup in a vitamix is awesome but blending for 6-8 minutes is painfully loud and annoying so I don't do it anymore.

CI likes the Ninja well enough (scored 2nd for inexpensive blenders). It can't make mayo apparently, and smoothies end up frothy (too much aeration). But hey it's cheap.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    I guess it just depends on your needs. If my $100 Ninja blends enough to my liking, why would I buy a $700 blender?

Another example of such, is people buying a $1500 computer when all they do is Facebook, email, Candy Crush, etc.

EDIT: Ditto on using my old phone, and also what jwslam said below.
    100% this, I'm not a jugo juice franchisee.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    My Walmart Ninja kicks ass. Blenders snobs, now I've seen it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    is this really that hard of a concept to grasp?
    Nope. I just think its placebo effect, I sincerely doubt the vitamix is that much better. No different than people and their Dyson's, every Dyson I've used is an overpriced piece of crap, or at best does the exact same things another vacuum a quarter of the cost does.

I have no problem with them spending the money, it's just silly is all Some people on Beyond have waaaaaay too much money (yes, I am jelly).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast