Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Blenders

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Default Blenders

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was on the fence about it because who can really justify a $750 blender
    ...You couldn't just buy a $25 blender for this experiment you are partaking in? Oh boy...

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    ...You couldn't just buy a $25 blender for this experiment you are partaking in? Oh boy...
    Beyond ballers scoff at $25 blenders.
    Will fuck off, again.

Agree'd. There is no way this thing is better than my $200 ninja blender, food processor, and nutri-ninja combo from costco.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Agree'd. There is no way this thing is better than my $200 ninja blender, food processor, and nutri-ninja combo from costco.
    I'm not really dissing the guy, if he wants a stupid expensive appliance, then great. But this goes Beyond (ha!) just simply "spending money" when even Bojack Horseman makes fun of the Vitamix. Its a blender. It blends things. I'm sure there are plenty of expensive blenders, but $750 god damn dollars? Jeez loius! Especially to "try" and be healthier. I could even understand if you were some vegan freak and had to make everything edible by being able to slide it down your throat in smoothie form.

My Ride
    is Invisible

I'm not really dissing the guy, if he wants a stupid expensive appliance, then great. But this goes Beyond (ha!) just simply "spending money" when even Bojack Horseman makes fun of the Vitamix. Its a blender. It blends things. I'm sure there are plenty of expensive blenders, but $750 god damn dollars? Jeez loius! Especially to "try" and be healthier. I could even understand if you were some vegan freak and had to make everything edible by being able to slide it down your throat in smoothie form.
    It really is worth the money, albeit I have the cheaper $600 model, but it's a night and day difference in comparison to whatever walmart, bestbuy, etc. sells.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by adidas View Post
    It really is worth the money, albeit I have the cheaper $600 model, but it's a night and day difference in comparison to whatever walmart, bestbuy, etc. sells.
    I would agree. I had the top of the line ninja and the vitamix still does a way better job. My wife and I use it daily and want it to last so justifiable.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

It's bonus season, I regret nothing

But in all honesty, I've burnt out three magic bullets over the last two years making smoothies, so it's not really a gamble on that front. What I'm getting is actually smooth smoothies, plus a machine that can make and warm soup, chop veggies, make nut butters, kneed bread or pizza dough, grind flour, sorbet's, probably more - those are just the things on my list.

So call it $75/year for the cheap blenders. In seven years, that's $525 for chunky smoothies, the frustration of having to constantly replace it, completely subpar generic blending performance, and nothing else. Vs. a vitamix that comes with a proven 7 year warranty - I'm paying $590 (with the discount) and getting jugo juice quality smoothies and a ton of new options. All it needs to do is last to like 7.5 years and it's paid for itself, so end of the day it was a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    It's bonus season, I regret nothing

But in all honesty, I've burnt out three magic bullets over the last two years making smoothies, so it's not really a gamble on that front. What I'm getting is actually smooth smoothies, plus a machine that can make and warm soup, chop veggies, make nut butters, kneed bread or pizza dough, grind flour, sorbet's, probably more - those are just the things on my list.

So call it $75/year for the cheap blenders. In seven years, that's $525 for chunky smoothies, the frustration of having to constantly replace it, completely subpar generic blending performance, and nothing else. Vs. a vitamix that comes with a proven 7 year warranty - I'm paying $590 (with the discount) and getting jugo juice quality smoothies and a ton of new options. All it needs to do is last to like 7.5 years and it's paid for itself, so end of the day it was a no brainer.
    Weren't you the one that said "this'll help me get my fruits and greens in, plus cereal's getting really old."

So were you using your magic bullets for your fruits and greens or not because your initial post would indicate that you weren't using blenders previously for such.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I have a high-end Ninja and used a Vitamix numerous times.

Vitamix wins hands down. I regret getting the Ninja.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I have a high-end Ninja and used a Vitamix numerous times.

Vitamix wins hands down. I regret getting the Ninja.
    Someone gave me a ninja for free, and I still don't like using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I have the ninja blender/processor combo that shares a motor (sits on top) both have multiple blades, only thing that’s annoying is not being able to add ingredients to the food processor while it’s on (like slow stream of oil for making mayo)

I’m happy I haven’t experienced anything better, cause I really don’t want to spend $750 on a blender!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

My ninja pro has been great as well?

I can't say I have ever needed more blending features than it provides but I don't fault those who do...

People spend money on dumb shit all the time why should blenders be any different.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

we're really happy with a blendtec blender purchased from costco for <$400 on special three years back. it does pretty much everything you would want/need, apart from more advanced "food processing". i would argue that the one distinct advantage it has over vitamix is that the blade is dull, so i'm not stressed out about getting cut when cleaning. and you have to hand wash it at some point - just putting some soap + water and running the blender doesn't always work depending on what you make. only thing to note is the motor did conk out about 1 year in, we just took it to costco and they sent us a brand new one no questions asked. no issues since then.

Paid $100 for my Ninja about 3 years ago and it's used almost daily for blending frozen fruit.

Similar to this:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ni...2653p.html#srp

To each his own, but I could never justify spending much more than that for a blender.

I went from the most expensive top of the line 1200W Ninja to a Vitamix Pro300 and there is no comparison whatsoever, it's not even close. The Vitamix has so much more power and quality is night and day better. The end result is also much better.

The difference between the $750 and $600 Vitamixes is just presets, so you can save some cash there. Not everyone needs a Vitamix but if you blend a lot it's a no-brainer if you want the best result. I was in the "who needs a $600 blender" camp until I got one, and then it was easy to see why they are so popular. It's very much a "you get what you pay for" scenario. If you're just making the odd milkshake or whatever, yeah you definitely won't see the same value in it. Blending big smoothies with seeds and such in it, you will notice a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I went from the most expensive top of the line 1200W Ninja to a Vitamix Pro300 and there is no comparison whatsoever, it's not even close. The Vitamix has so much more power and quality is night and day better. The end result is also much better.
    With my model of Ninja ($100), I easily blend frozen fruit or can mulch ice. So how does a Vitamix blend "better"?
    Last edited by Seth1968; 01-10-2018 at 12:11 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by kJUMP View Post
    we're really happy with a blendtec blender purchased from costco for <$400 on special three years back. it does pretty much everything you would want/need, apart from more advanced "food processing". i would argue that the one distinct advantage it has over vitamix is that the blade is dull, so i'm not stressed out about getting cut when cleaning. and you have to hand wash it at some point - just putting some soap + water and running the blender doesn't always work depending on what you make. only thing to note is the motor did conk out about 1 year in, we just took it to costco and they sent us a brand new one no questions asked. no issues since then.
    I have a blendtec and my mom has a vitamix. Vitamix seems more stout but I like the features better of the blendtec for the price. Mainly the height so it fits under the counter, and the buttons (Smoothie, ice cream etc.) instead of the dial. Both are very powerful and very well built.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The difference between the $750 and $600 Vitamixes is just presets, so you can save some cash there. Not everyone needs a Vitamix but if you blend a lot it's a no-brainer if you want the best result. I was in the "who needs a $600 blender" camp until I got one, and then it was easy to see why they are so popular. It's very much a "you get what you pay for" scenario. If you're just making the odd milkshake or whatever, yeah you definitely won't see the same value in it. Blending big smoothies with seeds and such in it, you will notice a huge difference.
    I thought it was retarded when we got one. Who the hell uses a $600 blender? The answer is, kids. Smoothies, smoothie popsicles, can't believe fruits and veggies are such high demand in the house haha.

I still think it's retarded and have yet to use it for myself. But this milkshake thing sounds intriguing...
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I've had my Vitamix 5000 since 2004. Won't die, so I can't upgrade. Made baby food for 3 kids, smoothies, shakes, soups, fruit roll ups, rice flour etc etc. Never had an issue going on 14 years now. It just works, never had a problem with it.
    heloc that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    With my model of Ninja ($100), I easily blend frozen fruit or can mulch ice. So how does a Vitamix blend "better"?
    Anything will blend frozen fruit, even my $30 Magic Bullet could with enough liquid. It's the quality of both the blend and the machine/components/longevity that you are paying for. You should see the motor they put in those things, and the units weigh around 13lbs. For basic blending and if you aren't overly concerned with the result, you don't need a Vitamix. If you need to pulverize seeds, get rid of any "grit" in a complicated smoothie or make soups, butters, etc. you need something much better than a Ninja. There is a reason why you see Vitamixes in all the Jugo and Booster juice places as well, they do a way better job on smoothies and last forever. If you just make a frozen fruit blend or a milkshake every now and then, or don't really care about the end result, a Vitamix would still be better but yeah you probably don't need one.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast