Quantcast
iPhone X will not connect to cell network. - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X will not connect to cell network.

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, according to the apple discussions link I posted earlier, this no service issue is affecting iPhones 6/7/8/X on numerous different carriers. There is also a bug that causes an indefinite restart loop. Phone turns on/off constantly.

I will say that my 3G/4s/5s were solid phones. Never had any problems with them. But my X has been subpar.
    Some of our Telus phones at work (8, 8+, X) are starting to develop the no service issue, so that seems to support your assertion as well that it is not limited to one carrier. I'm curious to see if our broker or Apple will replace the phones or not on the business contracts. So far mine has not had the issue, but I am probably on borrowed time.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Some of our Telus phones at work (8, 8+, X) are starting to develop the no service issue, so that seems to support your assertion as well that it is not limited to one carrier. I'm curious to see if our broker or Apple will replace the phones or not on the business contracts. So far mine has not had the issue, but I am probably on borrowed time.
    Yah. Super shitty.

My X wouldn't charge today. I kept getting the "This accessory may not be supported" prompt over and over and over again. Lightning Port may have been dirty or something tho.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My X wouldn't charge today. I kept getting the "This accessory may not be supported" prompt over and over and over again. Lightning Port may have been dirty or something tho.
    I know this one well. I get it when my cheap cables start falling apart in my car, or there’s corrosion on the pins on the cable. Also had this problem from pocket lint stuck in the port.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I got 2 new bad sim cards in a row from the Bell store, same problem
    Took 3 cards in total to get my phone working
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I know this one well. I get it when my cheap cables start falling apart in my car, or there’s corrosion on the pins on the cable. Also had this problem from pocket lint stuck in the port.
    Pocket lint, you really are turning into a fucking peasant because ballers don't have to deal with such mundane matters. Shit, you'll be driving a Dodge before long and a Grand Caravan at that.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

Haven't read through the thread but I've had this happen to two of my new iPhones. Both of which I brought to the store, explained the issue and they gave me new ones no questions asked. They just confirmed that I had recently done a hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by roll_over View Post
    Haven't read through the thread but I've had this happen to two of my new iPhones. Both of which I brought to the store, explained the issue and they gave me new ones no questions asked. They just confirmed that I had recently done a hard reset.
    Which Apple store did you go to for a replacement if you don't mind my asking? Chinook has been stonewalling us but this is getting pretty damn annoying having to do a full blown phone restore on a regular basis.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Pocket lint, you really are turning into a fucking peasant because ballers don't have to deal with such mundane matters. Shit, you'll be driving a Dodge before long and a Grand Caravan at that.
    haha, that was the old days. I've upgraded to baller pants, not a problem anymore.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Which Apple store did you go to for a replacement if you don't mind my asking? Chinook has been stonewalling us but this is getting pretty damn annoying having to do a full blown phone restore on a regular basis.
    The chinook store, I haven’t made any appointments. Just explain the issue, they do a diagnostic, realize nothing is wrong then check when the last time I’ve done a hard reset was and how often I’ve done it, walk to the back and give me a new one. It’s been absolutely painless. They don’t even really check the phones that well because one of them I returned I had a replacement screen on that I forgot about and they didn’t even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by roll_over View Post
    The chinook store, I haven’t made any appointments. Just explain the issue, they do a diagnostic, realize nothing is wrong then check when the last time I’ve done a hard reset was and how often I’ve done it, walk to the back and give me a new one. It’s been absolutely painless. They don’t even really check the phones that well because one of them I returned I had a replacement screen on that I forgot about and they didn’t even notice.
    Hmm, I guess I've been unlucky with staff then. I thought they couldn't tell if you've reset the phone with their diagnostics? They asked us that but didn't check themselves, which made me think they couldn't tell if we had reset it or not but I am not sure.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Hmm, I guess I've been unlucky with staff then. I thought they couldn't tell if you've reset the phone with their diagnostics? They asked us that but didn't check themselves, which made me think they couldn't tell if we had reset it or not but I am not sure.
    I don't think they can tell when you've done a fresh restore, but they can tell hard resets and soft resets (ie software crashes).

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

So do third party chargers not work anymore or what? I have a dual USB 12v charger in my car that was working great until recently, but now I can't get it to charge my X at all. I'm using the apple supplied charging chord/lightning port.

My normal apple supplied wall charger works fine tho.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

So do third party chargers not work anymore or what? I have a dual USB 12v charger in my car that was working great until recently, but now I can't get it to charge my X at all. I'm using the apple supplied charging chord/lightning port.

My normal apple supplied wall charger works fine tho.
    Third party chargers & cables work perfectly for fast charging my iP8's, Mini, and iPad Pro 10.5. I can't imagine the X would be different but I don't have one to test.

My Ride

I’m not sure exactly what they can and can’t see but when I was in last time they could definitely see I wiped my phone and backed it up from iTunes twice that weekend.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

3rd party chargers work fine on my X. Use it daily at work and in car.

Just gotta be careful with shitty chargers, my inlaws had one that blew up 2 iPhones and an Android phone. What a mess.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I'll have to get a different 12v charger.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Well..... shits back.. again. What a hunk of shit this phone is.

I was surfing Facebook. Working fine. Locked my phone. Set it down. Pick it back up and try to send an iMessage. Won’t go thru. I get a prompt saying to enable iMessage. I then try Safari. Says I’m not connected to the internet. I look at my service bars and I have full bars on Rogers LTE.

It’s exhibiting the same symptoms as last time I fucking fought with it.

I switch it to airplane mode. Wait for a min. Flip it back and nothing. ‘No service’. Not even bouncing the service bars and searching. Nothing. Just ‘No Service’. Try airplane mode a few times. Nothing. Start going thru the resets. Nothing. Can’t get it to work. I have done everything except the full factory reset. Will do that tomorrow.

I’m swapping my SIM back into my 5s and running that phone again. My X is a total pos.

I have to go to Edmonton on Thursday. I’ll be stopping at the Apple store to see what anyone can do.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There's a screen recording functionality. Record the screen. Record it working with your 5. I can't see how they won't swap it for you at the Apple store.

I've had a faulty Apple TV 4K replaced with just showing them the videos of the crash behavior.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I decided to just keep the phone the way it is and physically show them the problem. My trusty 5s is working great. Put my SIM card in and boom, works like a charm.

Try and do the same thing with my X, nothing.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast