Quantcast
2018 Detroit NAIAS Auto Show Tracker - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Detroit NAIAS Auto Show Tracker

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mustang interior isn’t that bad, materials are getting better.

This bullitt will be 60k Canadian though. But it’ll have the hp for that price point.
    As much as I'd want one... Gt350's these days (slightly used) are in that price range. If I REALLY wanted another car I'd go for that probably. I'm looking forward to seeing if Ford actually does do this Ranger raptor how it'll look like.

I'm holding out for the bronco release though before anything!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    As much as I'd want one... Gt350's these days (slightly used) are in that price range. If I REALLY wanted another car I'd go for that probably. I'm looking forward to seeing if Ford actually does do this Ranger raptor how it'll look like.

I'm holding out for the bronco release though before anything!
    Raptor is fully confirmed and dropping feb 7th. Official ford videos are out and about.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I read that the 2019 Ram has a rear diff cooler so they can run a lighter weight of gear oil (im assuming to try and boost efficiency by reducing driveline losses?).

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Raptor is fully confirmed and dropping feb 7th. Official ford videos are out and about.
    Sweet wonder what details will be

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    Sweet wonder what details will be
    Man, I like the idea of a mid-size and everything but why do they make all these new models look so big and bubbly. Both the new Ranger and the Colorado have the same issues.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    YRegardless, still a solid engine, Motor Trend has tested it over the summer. http://www.motortrend.ca/en/news/201...-drive-review/
    I am wondering what happens in winter with the hybrid portion. Or if will be like Start/Stop system where it totally disappears in winters.

Still don't get why they call it a 53 but not AMG. Then why don't they just call it a 500 then.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I am wondering what happens in winter with the hybrid portion. Or if will be like Start/Stop system where it totally disappears in winters.

Still don't get why they call it a 53 but not AMG. Then why don't they just call it a 500 then.
    What do you mean? My start stop works fine in the winters.

The 53's are under the Mercedes-AMG brand. Not sure where you read they're not AMGs. Aside from the fact it's not really an AMG motor but that's a whole other can of worms.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Mar-mobile dropped. N spec looks pretty cool.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Mar-mobile dropped. N spec looks pretty cool.
    Yup. Active suspension too haha. 275hp 6 speed manual, should be a decent car assuming it's priced half decent.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yup. Active suspension too haha. 275hp 6 speed manual, should be a decent car assuming it's priced half decent.
    At 35k it’s cool. At 40k pay an extra 5 to get ‘the’ hot hatch type R.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Grimace

I like that new ranger a lot.

I really like that new RDX and Acura has announced along with bringing back the Type-S line with an acura exclusive turbo 6
    New engine will be exclusive to Acura and comes with SH-AWD.
    Acura announced today that it will relaunch its Type-S performance lineup in the coming years. And it’s not simply a trim pack like the existing A-Spec models: Acura says that all the new Type-S models will have a unique engine.

There’s no word yet exactly which vehicles will be given the Type-S treatment, though Acura says that “multiple products” will launch over the coming years. The cars will get a new turbocharged V6 engine mated to the brand’s torque-vectoring Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD). That engine will be exclusive to Acura – in other words, it won’t be shared with any Honda products.

The decision to reintroduce the performance models, Acura says, makes sense as the brand follows its new mantra of “Precision Crafted Performance.”

“Acura will pursue a unique powertrain strategy that underscores the brand's rightful place as the performance division of Honda,” Toshiaki Mikoshiba, president & CEO of American Honda Motor Co, said in a statement.

The last Type-S was the 2008 Acura TL. Upgrades included a more powerful engine, stronger brakes, and unique chassis tuning. Perhaps most memorable was the Acura RSX Type-S, with 200 horsepower from a super-high-revving VTEC engine, plus an ultra-slick six-speed manual gearbox.

That the new Type-S models will move to turbocharged power is not totally surprising given the trend toward turbocharging across the auto industry. Within Honda, for instance, the Civic Si and Type R have both adopted turbocharging instead of high-revving naturally aspirated engines.

Acura also reiterated today that it will offer an A-Spec trim level of every model going forward. The 2019 RDX is the first SUV to get the A-Spec treatment; that badge was first used on the 2004 TL sedan and is currently available on the TLX and ILX, as well as the new RDX. But A-Spec tends to be less extreme in terms of mechanical upgrades than what we’re expecting from the forthcoming Type-S models.

My Ride

It’s funny because Acura has an exclusive turbo 6. It’s exclusive because it only exists as Acura here.

The new engine has me wondering it’ll be a 3L TT, 350-400hp. They’re late to the game again.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Veloster N looks like it has some ripped off design cues from the Focus RS. #salty

My Ride
    Bicycle

They’re late to the game again.
    Yeah. But at least they are actually trying now. Wait and see how this exclusive platform handles.

In the time when everyone hybridize their performance power plants (Merc and Volvo), they just caught up to 2006 BMW.

My Ride
    GT TDi

i bet that mustang will have 17fps on the rev counter haha
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    i bet that mustang will have 17fps on the rev counter haha
    ?

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    GT TDi

crappy gfx processor, the VAG group uses nvidia chips so its a smooth 60fps

go find the last dodge viper vid of the dash, when it revved to redline it dropped to 5fps during the transition of the background from black to red, that kinda shit is a deal breaker for me

i tried finding a vid on youtube there are a bunch of the new bullitt but not one shows the dash in action
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    You must have never been in a Mustang. It is cheap. Lucky they leather wrap the center console this year or it would be even cheaper.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Yup... Ford is definitely killing it with these announcements these past couple days!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast