Quantcast
Toyota Tacoma Mega Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Tacoma Mega Thread

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

When you look at resale, you also need to factor in the finance rate (if you're not paying cash) and how long you plan on keeping it. Way back right out of school I needed a truck for work, I compared the Tacoma with the Canyon. I really liked the Taco, Canyon was cheaper, but with no significant down payment the Toyota's 5.59% interest rate added $5k to the cost over 60 months ($4k over 48 months).

Ended up getting the Canyon $13k cheaper OTD with Employee Pricing and at 0% financing I saved $18k total compared to the Taco.

we are working with canyon creek, and the short box is a must because we want to park it in the garage.

the limited trim is also a must, because i want all the safety add-ons included. so is 51k all-in too much? lol
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    '14 Taco

get away from Canyon Creek. They were the worst that i dealt with when i was looking at mine.. I'm impressed you even got an 'all-in' price from them, they wouldn't tell me a thing past the monthly cost (or tell me for how many months..it was brutal)... Call Phil Dao @ Charlesglen

My Ride
    Silverado

lol, $50k+ for a midsize truck. You could get into a denali canyon for several thousand less.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I would be buying a smaller F150 instead.

51k for the interior of a Tacoma. Gross.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    When you look at resale, you also need to factor in the finance rate (if you're not paying cash) and how long you plan on keeping it. Way back right out of school I needed a truck for work, I compared the Tacoma with the Canyon. I really liked the Taco, Canyon was cheaper, but with no significant down payment the Toyota's 5.59% interest rate added $5k to the cost over 60 months ($4k over 48 months).

Ended up getting the Canyon $13k cheaper OTD with Employee Pricing and at 0% financing I saved $18k total compared to the Taco.
    My buddy went and did the same thing on a canyon over a taco back in 08, upfront savings were definitely more attractive for sure. But at the end of the 10 years, he sold his canyon with 275k km for $3k, whereas the same taco in the same shape with same mileage is still going for $15k easily, some times more.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post
    My buddy went and did the same thing on a canyon over a taco back in 08, upfront savings were definitely more attractive for sure. But at the end of the 10 years, he sold his canyon with 275k km for $3k, whereas the same taco in the same shape with same mileage is still going for $15k easily, some times more.

In 2015 I was looking at a Tacoma and the dealers generally wanted $45,000 for a well equipped model. I ended up buying a silverado LT for the same price. A quick kijiji browse has 2015 tacomas and 2015 silverado lt's for around $33 to $35k

My Ride
    bus

Definitely not worth 51K lol, so many other great trucks out there for that kind of money.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

4 year retained value for Tacoma and Wranger are best in the country by far at 82%. I am in month 5 of my lease and my residual is right at what the truck is worth on the used market. Deserved or not, these things have the best resale value in Canada, or at least that was the case looking back at historical data. Things can change going forward.

http://www.thecarmagazine.com/2017/0...-value-awards/

As with anything these days there are many trims of this truck from low 30k range all the way to close to $60k. Just like you can get an F150 from low 30k to over 100k. Something for everyone.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Really depends on what you're using it for.. I'd way rather drive a taco daily, plus in the bush, then any full-size

I'd prefer a taco over any full size as well.

The FJ cruiser is another one that's held it's value big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

we won’t be doing ang off-roading anytime soon. this is just for hauling stuff around within the city. we like toyota because of the reliability and the resale value. i agree that the interior is kind of low-rent though haha!

as i’ve said before, we need to park it in the garage, so a full-size is out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by nj2Type-S View Post
    we won’t be doing ang off-roading anytime soon. this is just for hauling stuff around within the city. we like toyota because of the reliability and the resale value. i agree that the interior is kind of low-rent though haha!

as i’ve said before, we need to park it in the garage, so a full-size is out of the question.
    Do you ski? That’s one problem with the short box. It’s useless for skis. Almost every tacoma at the hill I see has a Thule box which makes it taller than an F350 by a few inches so you have the same garage clearance problem except height instead of length

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Wonder if that’s people just being stupid.. diagonally the short box would still be like 190..

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by nj2Type-S View Post

If you want a car with a box have you looked Ridgeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Wonder if that’s people just being stupid.. diagonally the short box would still be like 190..
    Yea could be. Still 4 people with gear trying to fit each one diagonally I would think would be a mess. 5 feet or whatever the length is, is just so incredibly small.

Could also be for the option to use it for cross country. I’m a small guy and I use 205s

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Ya I have the 6 foot box.. for off-roading the 5 foot would be handy, but the 6 has paid its way

My Ride
    14 Viper

Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post

You show me someone paying 15k+ for a midsize any brand truck and ill show you a moron. This poppycock about toyota's holding their value is by brainwashed toyota honks. Buddy has a 14 tundra crewmax trd, 96k kms. Complete with the hopeless powertrain, a stability control system that cant fully be defeated, third front diff, second rad, second a/c compressor, and bohonk looks....nevermind the unsuitable frame "underpinning" that garbage. Can't get 30 for it. He's upside down on it.

"what a surprise"

IF resale value was as good as they say, why doesn't the rental fleets, avis, enterprise, etc, all run toyota fleets? Oh, right, it's because it's malarkey.

People are braindead to buy a year old vehicle with typical miles for 2-4k off new MSRP. Why wouldnt you pick your colour and options and get new? Used asking price and used sale prices differ greatly in Toyota.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Ya I have the 6 foot box.. for off-roading the 5 foot would be handy, but the 6 has paid its way
    Yea I don’t even think they’re that long either.

The double cab longbed total length number I found is 212 inches which is just over a foot longer than a Dodge Challenger (I know, big car). Would fit in some pretty small garages.

OP might be worth measuring your garage out if that’s the only reason you would go with the 5’ over the 6’

we looked at the ridgeline, and the boss didn’t like it. she’ll be driving the truck, so it should be something that she really likes.

we drove the frontier pro-4x with the short bed tonight, and it wad alright. nowhere near the tacoma in terms of safety features and “cool” points, but it’s definitely a cheaper option.

our garage is 220” long, so both the tacoma and frontier should fit.

i just talked to a buddy of mine who used to work for GM as a mechanic. he basically said to stay away from the canyon unless i like stuff breaking lol.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast