Quantcast
Chase Amazon Visa ending in March 15, 2018 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chase Amazon Visa ending in March 15, 2018

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I tried to apply for the rogers card back a year or so ago, and got denied. Was shocked, first card I got denied for, $200+k income and no mortgage or any debt...go figure. Probably still mad at me for canceling with Rogers phone after being a customer for 10 years...but that was like 5 years ago..never understood why.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did cash advances on CC....it's like the best way to get cash abroad, accepted anywhere. Just prepay into your card online, and then take the money out. Pay more with online banking if you need more cash, so simple. Did this in Brazil last year, worked wonderfully. Going to need an alternative, I love my chase card, using it right now in Denver every day.
    Most card companies have done away with overpaying in advance now so be carefull with doing that. Something to do with anti money laundering or the like. I always did this when paying bills that were higher than my credit limit and it locks your card down now. Such a pain when you need to pay a 100k invoice!!!

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Most card companies have done away with overpaying in advance now so be carefull with doing that. Something to do with anti money laundering or the like. I always did this when paying bills that were higher than my credit limit and it locks your card down now. Such a pain when you need to pay a 100k invoice!!!
    Interesting. Haven't had an issue. Maybe your issue was bypassing the limit, I am definitely not doing that. Who knows. We will see how Home Trust handles it, will try to use it in Russia during the world cup the same way.

My Ride
    Hybrid

I tried to apply for the rogers card back a year or so ago, and got denied. Was shocked, first card I got denied for, $200+k income and no mortgage or any debt...go figure. Probably still mad at me for canceling with Rogers phone after being a customer for 10 years...but that was like 5 years ago..never understood why.
    Have you pulled an equifax or transunion credit report lately? Could be something that was put on your file in error or an old forgotten account that's delinquent. Borrowwell and Credit Karma are two free options for a high level check.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

The most similar card is the Home Trust Visa if you don't want to be tied to a cell phone company - that's the one I'm going with. Plus you get car rental insurance and roadside assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    +1

Does that mean no more amazon card at all?
    As far as I know yes. And nothing was mentioned otherwise in the cancellation letter. Chase is pulling out of Canada, I don't think it has anything to do with Amazon. They might get another partner eventually but other cards are available that give you the exact same thing so it's not a big deal.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-22-2018 at 10:36 AM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    other cards are available that give you the exact same thing so it's not a big deal.
    Not the exact same for people who need the 1% bonus when shopping on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    yeah, 2% cashback on amazon.ca was a nice perk that will be missed, especially now since we do a lot more shopping on there with prime.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

So, I'm looking into this a bit more.

While there are no "forex fees" on these credit cards, where can I find an actual list of what they are OFFERING the current forex rates at?

Even with "no fees", the system can still be rigged to get money out of you. Currently I use a FOREX site to do my companies product purchases out of the states, but VISA would be infinitely easier, more secure, and that much less hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    So, I'm looking into this a bit more.

While there are no "forex fees" on these credit cards, where can I find an actual list of what they are OFFERING the current forex rates at?

Even with "no fees", the system can still be rigged to get money out of you. Currently I use a FOREX site to do my companies product purchases out of the states, but VISA would be infinitely easier, more secure, and that much less hassle.
    It's the Visa/MC posted rate, not quite spot rate but pretty close usually. Normally cards add 2.5% to this, but the "no forex fee" cards don't

https://usa.visa.com/support/consume...alculator.html

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Yes but there are cards that give you that same 2% on Amazon (like the Capital One if you have it), so that same reward is available if you do a lot of shopping on Amazon. The Amazon card shouldn't be anyone's primary card anyway, so your primary card should have at least that 2% reward on it, which if you just use that for Amazon, you are getting the same reward as the Amazon visa.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Have you pulled an equifax or transunion credit report lately? Could be something that was put on your file in error or an old forgotten account that's delinquent. Borrowwell and Credit Karma are two free options for a high level check.
    Really dunno why? Rogers too good for me apparently.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

really dunno why? Rogers too good for me apparently.
    y u no get 900????!!!??!!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:25 AM.

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

Really dunno why? Rogers too good for me apparently.
    Super Weird I'd call in and find out why. I applied for the fido card friday at 3pm and by 5pm had the email back saying approved, card is on the way. Didn't even provide my SIN which usually slows things down. Even got a pre-approved for the rogers card sent along with the approval email for the fido card.

I've been using the amazon card as my main card for quite a few years. I purchase pretty much everything except food and clothes from the US, off amazon or straight from china (usually charged in US$) so it was pretty well suited to my needs. Sad to see it go.

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

My new fido card just showed up. Limit is only about 60% of what my chase amazon card was though. wonder if its due to how much credit is available to me since I haven't cancelled the amazon card or if its just because it has better rewards...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjoker77 View Post
    My new fido card just showed up. Limit is only about 60% of what my chase amazon card was though. wonder if its due to how much credit is available to me since I haven't cancelled the amazon card or if its just because it has better rewards...
    my situation was actually the opposite. My amazon card was 8k limit (applied about 4 years ago i think), and my Rogers came with a 10k limit. From reading on rfd, apparently Rogersbank is a bit more stingy than most card companies regarding credit limit. Not sure if being a Rogers customer for about 15 years helped at all.

My Ride
    Lease

I guess that’s it. Got my $3 over payment refund cheque for amazon chase

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I'm hoping for one of those soon - had something refunded on March 16 so now they owe me $16.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    FB6

Not sure if people got the refund cheques without asking, but I think you need to request the refund before they issue it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast