Quantcast
Dog boarding / Dog sitter recommendations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Dog boarding / Dog sitter recommendations

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Default Dog boarding / Dog sitter recommendations

So we have a small 10lb mini schnauzer and unfortunately are going to be gone a week in Feb and all of our family and usual friends to look after him can't take him that week.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for somewhere that can look after him. We're open to either taking him somewhere or finding a dog or dog/condo sitter (with references) to look after him. Super friendly / happy dog, easy to take on walks. Bonus points if its near ish to Chinook.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 01-17-2018 at 10:37 AM.

places like Muttley Crew offer dog boarding. Try to give them a try, they most likely will need a trial day of daycare to see how he behaves.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

My wife and I have been using High Tails Pet Resort http://www.hightails.ca/ for a few years now when we do our shopping trips to the US. Never had an issue and they seemed to enjoy it there.

We have used both springbank and country club, both are great just depends where you live in the city.

We used the app rover when we left for a week. It’s kinda like airbnb for pet sitters

The lady we used was really good and worked out to like $20 a night or so

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We used the app rover when we left for a week. It’s kinda like airbnb for pet sitters

The lady we used was really good and worked out to like $20 a night or so
    so you just drop off your pet at someones house that you don't know? 20 bucks is cheaper than daycare!

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    so you just drop off your pet at someones house that you don't know? 20 bucks is cheaper than daycare!
    Yeah, not gonna lie, not a chance I'd do that.

I just checked it out, there are people with lots of reviews but I'd still feel uncomfortable dropping off my dog at someone I don't know house.Then again, when you drop off your dog at boarding facility you don't know them either but at least they are an established business with insurance.

We did a meet & greet before, there are user reviews, they are all insured, and we even got daily txt message updates with pictures. here's the process:
    https://www.rover.com/dog-boarding/

If you prefer having your dog in a home then this is a good option - if they do well in a kennel then by all means do that.

$20 just happened to be the price with our sitter... some people on there charge more.

personally i just am not a fan of kennels where you have 50 dogs running around sniffing each other's asses, passing around germs and who knows what else. our dog sleeps with us in our bed and the thought of that just irks me lol (even if we bathe her after the kennel)

also i like her to get the attention she is used to. just not possible at a kennel...

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, I figured such a thing must exist but haven't looked for it. I'll look into it a bit more the next time I travel and my usual sitter isn't available.

Right now I'm using Sleep Rover and I actually love that my beagle gets a ton of play and attention... but the price has been going up and up. $60/night now, and it's not unusual for us to take 2-3 week vacations.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

We use a local girl who pet sits in your home. It is nice because when we are on holidays she doubles as a house sitter and takes care of all our pets (4 dogs, gecko, hedgehog and fish) waters the plants etc. She works for a vet too so if anything were to occur health wise with our pets she can easily handle it. She charges us $35/day. I believe a smaller dog like your she be willing to watch in her own home as well. She is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    We use a local girl who pet sits in your home. It is nice because when we are on holidays she doubles as a house sitter and takes care of all our pets (4 dogs, gecko, hedgehog and fish) waters the plants etc. She works for a vet too so if anything were to occur health wise with our pets she can easily handle it. She charges us $35/day. I believe a smaller dog like your she be willing to watch in her own home as well. She is fantastic!
    Does she take on new clients? I'm interested!

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I have a family friend that runs a dog sitting business in Deer Run.. be happy to give a referral.