Quantcast
Prima Donna - are you? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you a prima donna?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 19.12%
  • No

53 77.94%
  • Was but not any more

2 2.94%
  • Aren't but will be one

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Prima Donna - are you?

My Ride
    G37X

Not really. I have no qualms about rotating my own tires or changing my own oil. I'll shake hands with the garbage man at work as well.

That said, typically I just find it more convenient to have the dealer change the oil so that I don't have to deal with the death glare from
    fellow condo owners. Also no need to worry about disposal, making a mess etc. I'll still rotate my own tires though.

As I get older, I find that certain things that I'd happily try in the past are turning into "should I just pay someone to do this?" Tired of hurting
    myself, buying specialty one time use tools, and having surprises come up that are not mentioned in the walk through with car part installs.
    That being said, I'm stubborn and over confident at times, so I'll usually still try just to say "this is the last time..."

Camping in a tent? Did it growing up. I well remember waking up with a sore back. Not too interested in that anymore. Although we slept in the Accord
    last summer for 1 night as we couldn't find a hotel in Montana. Yep, brush the teeth at a walmart washroom kinda deal.

I imagine a lot changes when you have kids. Time getting your hands dirty is almost always better spent with your kids. Some people just get soft as hell though and deserve to be ridiculed

For me I work a desk job and hate how soft it makes me, although I enjoy the job. So my time I spend outside of work is always doing hands on projects. I gravitate towards blue collar friends. I just cant relate to someone that thinks discussing wines is meaningful. Nothing wrong with that I just cant carry a conversation with a person like that, we aren’t going to have anything material in common.

I always said though, the day I think I’m “too good” to buy clothes or other items at Walmart is the day someone needs to put me in check.
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-23-2018 at 01:36 PM.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I think if you'd rather walk than take the c-train/bus or declare bankruptcy instead of live in the NE then you're the poster child of a prima donna, and that's a shit ton of beyonders

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if you'd rather walk than take the c-train/bus or declare bankruptcy instead of live in the NE then you're the poster child of a prima donna, and that's a shit ton of beyonders
    What's the NE?

:P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3