Quantcast
Insurance Question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Insurance Question

Default Insurance Question

Question about car insurance companies/agents - who are you guys going through?

I was with TD but switched to Aviva due to a savings of roughly 50% for the same coverage. I had a recent (not at fault) claim and I am not pleased with the service provided by Aviva/availability of the insurance adjuster so I'm shopping around.

Ideally looking for good rates, a local agent and good service.

My Ride
    ute

Just call masked bandit and be done with it.

My Ride
    MR2

Everyone is going to have different rates through different brokers. Some may find 1 cheaper, while others may have it cheaper elsewhere. Touchstone insurance is what guys usually recommend here. As for the adjuster, I was told by Darren @ touchstone that it's usually hit or miss when it comes to adjusters. They're not really a good representation of the company as a whole. Some adjusters can be good, and others can be bad within the same company

Thanks just messaged Touchstone

My Ride
    ute

Don't insurance companies usually just contract out to adjusters? My buddy did that job and made good money. It's a percent of the claim iirc.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

I have had four claims through TD ... 3 this year... only one my fault but TD was a pleasure to deal with... and compared with my broker based insurance TD saved me thousands and my one fault claim was forgiven, so no hike in rates ...

TD gets my vote

My Ride
    ute

I'm not sure TD has the best reputation when it comes to claims...

dealing with TD now for a not at fault accident and they have to be FAR the most incompetent insurance company around. I never want to deal with TD again, and am ready to cancel all my dealings with TD, investments and banking. They can SUCK IT..

My Ride
    V167

Hit and run on my vehicle. TD insurance. I am VERY pleased with their service. Excellent communication (via phone and e-mail). Rental booking taken care of. Very smooth process. No hassle. My vehicle is in the shop right now getting repairs. Two thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Were amazing in my one and only claim in the last 12 years with them.

I almost wonder if the people who complain about a company being bad to deal with are just shitty people and hard to deal with themselves.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've never had a bad vehicle claim and I've made a lot of them over the years. Two with economical, three with td, two with Aviva. One with intact.

Property claims are a little more hassle. Had one that was no issue through TD and one that was a real hassle through Aviva and still finalizing one with intact but I like how it is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I have been with them for the past 8 years and have been pretty happy.

They were great about my claim when someone scraped up my C63 in a parking lot. Only had one hiccup that was probability my fault misinterpreting them anyways but they didn’t hold it against me. Even let me keep the claim open so I could finish repairs once I take the car out of storage.

Not saying it’s anything special but they certainly haven’t ever done anything to make me angry.

I do a once a year checkup call to go over all my coverage which usually results in a bit of savings, my call this Jan saved me about 400/yr off of premiums I was already pretty happy with on my home and auto.

I think hating on TD is crowdthink more than anything on here, irl most people I talk to use them and love them.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I have been with them for the past 8 years and have been pretty happy.

Not saying it’s anything special but they certainly haven’t ever done anything to make me angry.

I think hating on TD is crowdthink more than anything on here, irl most people I talk to use them and love them.
    pretty much this for me. I even called them recently to remove my apega group rate since i'm no longer a member, and they were very helpful - let me keep the group rate til renewal time, and suggested a few other group rates which i didn't know existed (UofC alumni group rate instead which should be a similar discount). Very friendly/helpful staff. No complaints at all

TD was good to deal with while I was with them but they were literally charging me double Aviva's rate.

I took your guys' advice, contacted Bill and made the switch.

Had a heck of a time with a not at fault claim through td. Case was closed prior to payout by adjuster. Td’s adjuster never contacted the other party even though his insurance called and interviews me Twice on what happened. Average return on my call was about 11-12 days ! Ended up getting paid out half on my claim and had them take 50% responsibly and I claimed zero. Took 10 months to settle. Was absolutely awful. I was a huge td promoter before that. I am still a customer, but would like to shop around.

Also td would not insure my Honda ruckus without the motorcycle license.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Honestly, all insurance companies are great to deal with... until you have a claim.

[url]

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by bignerd View Post
    Honestly, all insurance companies are great to deal with... until you have a claim.
    Ha. No kidding.

6 months after my first XF was totalled, I'm still waiting for them to determine fault so I can get my collision deductible back.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You guys need to just make sure all your claims are under comprehensive. Those are easy.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

TD is horrible, they can suck it!!! after a month my claim might be almost done.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Just been dealing with Intact for an At fault collision (I argued I was in the right but ultimately even though there was two seperate lanes on the road she still had the right of way). The only thing with intact is it took 2 months for them to even determine who was at fault.

I had the liability waiver insurance so no rate hike and I thought it was all over and I could put it to rest when I got a call from another intact agent yesterday saying that the other party has launched an injury claim against my policy. Our collision was at the speed of about 10km/hr and the lady who got out of the car and started apologizing immediately to me appeared to be in good health. My wife thinks she is just milking it now because we were determined at fault. Im so not used to this country and its injury claims - In NZ you can't launch an injury claim on anyone because the govt has a whole department that handles all that.

In terms of getting my car fixed - I got it into the shop 2 days after the accident however it took 6 weeks for them to fix it because Xmas time and also 4 weeks into repair they discovered more damage that they hadnt initially thought about and had to get more parts etc for it.