Quantcast
Alternatives to Apple Airpods? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to Apple Airpods?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Mitsu clearly missed that nobody cares about sound quality when working out haha. Millions of people work out using AirPods without water damage, even tho it’s not rated waterproof.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Well, thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like Airpods are the way to go. The unbelievable part is that there is no stock anywhere and the delivery wait time is long too.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Euro838 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like Airpods are the way to go. The unbelievable part is that there is no stock anywhere and the delivery wait time is long too.
    https://www.istocknow.com/live/#devi...9999997&zoom=9
    https://www.istocknow.com/live/#devi...0742866&zoom=9

Check that regularly. They pop up in stock pretty often, even though in store pickup shows well into the future. History shows it's only been out of stock for a max of 6 days, and it's been out of stock for 3 days now. Chances are they'll show up this week.

They're still a hot seller, so stock is still sporadic.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have found stock at the Telus store downtown twice before when they were “sold out”.

They don’t keep them on the shelf so no one knows they are there.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Mitsu clearly missed that nobody cares about sound quality when working out haha.
    That is true...

But I can sympathize. I forget quite often that 95% of the population doesn't give a shit about sound quality, just want the sick bass and that SQ-nerds/audiophiles are a rare breed of people in the grand scheme of things!
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    That is true...

But I can sympathize. I forget quite often that 95% of the population doesn't give a shit about sound quality, just want the sick bass and that SQ-nerds/audiophiles are a rare breed of people in the grand scheme of things!
    LOL, what else would you need if the current trending music is EDM, hip hop and rap....

Mitsu clearly missed that nobody cares about sound quality when working out haha. Millions of people work out using AirPods without water damage, even tho it’s not rated waterproof.
    I dunno, in my experience even people who could not possibly care less under normal circumstances (like my Mom and GF) have been much happier with a pair of "one step up" type earphones compared to the crappier stuff that might be included with a phone or whatever. I think a lot of people don't realize how shitty basic earphones are until they try something better, and the difference can be quite noticeable even to someone who otherwise has zero interest in sound quality. They will also fit better, have multiple fitment options for comfort (tips, wings, etc.), you can wash them underwater, and they actually seal inside your ear so they don't fall out and block outside noise.

On the flip side, if sound quality doesn't matter and they are just for the gym, why pay $220 for $30 sound quality? I would assume people aren't taking calls on the treadmill either, and if they are, they're at the gym so they don't care about quality, so why spend all that money on gym earphones? If you use either one of our arguments, the conclusion seems like it would be the same in that $220 Airpods are not a good choice for gym earphones.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    That is true...

I have to catch myself sometimes when I'm talking to people - I start diving into something, thinking I'm helping, and then a little voice in the back of my head keeps reminding me "they don't care" haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    On the flip side, if sound quality doesn't matter and they are just for the gym, why pay $220 for $30 sound quality? I would assume people aren't taking calls on the treadmill either, and if they are, they're at the gym so they don't care about quality, so why spend all that money on gym earphones? If you use either one of our arguments, the conclusion seems like it would be the same in that $220 Airpods are not a good choice for gym earphones.
    A bunch of reasons were listed in this thread.

The whole initial connectivity isn't a huge deal. It's set and forget anyways. What Airpods and other Apple W1 sets improve on is the reliability of the wireless connection, especially in areas where there's a large number of other wireless devices. Gyms, trains, malls, +15, it's night and day difference compared to my other Bluetooth headphones. W1 enabled ones have zero drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    I have to agree with rage here. I have 6 different Bluetooth headphones and I use the AirPods every single day. Yes I have 2 pairs that sound better but no so much better that I can give up the convenience of being able to pop out one keep listening or talking and then pop it back in 10 minutes later and use it for 3 more hours then repeat on the other side.

The charging case is a huge win and the seemless transfer between devices is as well. I can be watching a movie on my iPad and my phone will ring, with other headsets I need to answer then go through the process of connecting that device to my headset. The AirPods do it without me doing anything. If I’m watching a video in bed and my wife won’t stop talking it will pause the video when I pull the AirPod out of my ear to listen to what she has to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomt64 View Post
    People who say they cant justify airpods for the gym, dont go the gym that much. Its so nice for certain exercises (deadlift, barbell bentover row etc) to be able to take your phone out of your pocket and keep listening to music.

When I first bought them I was skeptical because of the price (waited 2 months for them); but not having to move the wire on certain exercises, not having to straighten the wire and uncurl it etc is great. Going on 1 year with them now.
    Of course aside from the tomt64 one with moving the wire, Android users gets shafted on these features.

According to Rage's links- Chinook and Market just got stock

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by s_havinga View Post
    According to Rage's links- Chinook and Market just got stock
    Yup, you can now order for in store pickup today.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The Airpods are junk for music, the $30 sets from Amazon sound better and are designed better. The Airpods are only decent for voice calls.

I suggest the Jaybird X3's (regularly on sale for $89-$99) or the JLab Epic 2's (Microsoft store sells them). They are both waterproof/sweatproof if you need them for the gym and battery life is good.

If you want a cheap set, the Anker Soundbuds line on Amazon is unbeatable for $30-$35 with thousands of positive reviews. We have a pair of those as well.
    Your list consists of "wireless" headphones compared to the AirPods which are "true wireless". There is a big difference in price and performance and you might as well be comparing wired to wireless...

Yup, you can now order for in store pickup today.
    Awesome! Ordered 2 pairs for pickup today!

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    Your list consists of "wireless" headphones compared to the AirPods which are "true wireless". There is a big difference in price and performance and you might as well be comparing wired to wireless...
    If the goal is just true wireless and cheap, I found these at Superstore for $29.99 (same brand anyways... the superstore one actually comes with a recharging case)
    https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/cat...&sku=ETPRAUDTW

Obviously, read the reviews lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Saw this in my news feed, figured Mitsu would find this funny.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/18/...ng-gym-workout

He was working out, doesn't look like water damage, just thermal runaway on the battery.

My Ride
    dumpster trains

I have had these Sony extra bass wireless headphones. Had to get my first set replaced under warranty due to manufacture defects, great sound, awesome battery life too.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuStacy View Post
    I have had these Sony extra bass wireless headphones. Had to get my first set replaced under warranty due to manufacture defects, great sound, awesome battery life too.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Does the cable between the two ear pieces do anything? Could you just remove the cables? I don't get why they would call these types "wireless" and not just call them Bluetooth earbuds.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Does the cable between the two ear pieces do anything? Could you just remove the cables? I don't get why they would call these types "wireless" and not just call them Bluetooth earbuds.
    Because that style of headphones have always been called wireless?

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Cable connects the two together, I am assuming it has to do with battery, but your guess is as good as mine. 8+ hours of battery life...
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Headphones with a cable between them are "wireless". Headphones like the Airpods without a wire are considered "true wireless"

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    Headphones with a cable between them are "wireless". Headphones like the Airpods without a wire are considered "true wireless"
    lol, nice! Thanks for the clarification!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast