Quantcast
E85 in Calgary at the Gas Station! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: E85 in Calgary at the Gas Station!

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People have to stop calling it race fuel.....

It’s just regular old flex fuel and the primary focus is everyday flex fuel vehicles, it’s not being marketed towards the minuscule customer base with high performance applications that will use it as race fuel.

Because racecar
    Not in this caae. It's one single samll independant statio that also sell souvlaki offering e87 mid winter. That wont even come clise to startingb at -20 in your flex fuel vehicle.

They are quite obviously auto enthusiast.

My Ride
    4x4

I'm more excited about the Greek at that station...

Mmmmm souvlaki

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Nice! My truck will now be 380hp and 413tq with the factory tune.

5.3 Chevrolet.

+25/30
    Me too can't wait to try a tankfull, curious to see how bad fuel consumption will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Not in this caae. It's one single samll independant statio that also sell souvlaki offering e87 mid winter. That wont even come clise to startingb at -20 in your flex fuel vehicle.

They are quite obviously auto enthusiast.
    Could be right but think about it, how many people in Calgary actively search out race fuels? Maybe 200? How many of those already have a fuel source at a similar price? How many of those don’t have street legal cars that would benefit from a physical pump? How come zero pre- marketing and zero post install marketing was done to any local car clubs?

For the expense of adding a tank and pump or potential lost sales from sacrificing a pump and tank (longer the lines the more customers pass you by) they can’t expect a group of a couple hundred enthusiasts to recover the capex/lost sales many of which won’t even switch to that station as a source. If it is a car enthusiast they are no doubt intelligent enough to know they have to rely mostly on flex fuel customers to float the enthusiast side of things. There are over 1000 gas stations in the US that have e85. It’s a regular consumer fuel that also has good properties as a race fuel. But calling it race fuel is misleading to the layman and sounds kinda silly
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-28-2018 at 01:32 PM.

My Ride
    9 second 2jz S13 Silvia!

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Could be right but think about it, how many people in Calgary actively search out race fuels? Maybe 200? How many of those already have a fuel source at a similar price? How many of those don’t have street legal cars that would benefit from a physical pump? How come zero pre- marketing and zero post install marketing was done to any local car clubs?

For the expense of adding a tank and pump or potential lost sales from sacrificing a pump and tank (longer the lines the more customers pass you by) they can’t expect a group of a couple hundred enthusiasts to recover the capex/lost sales many of which won’t even switch to that station as a source. If it is a car enthusiast they are no doubt intelligent enough to know they have to rely mostly on flex fuel customers to float the enthusiast side of things. There are over 1000 gas stations in the US that have e85. It’s a regular consumer fuel that also has good properties as a race fuel. But calling it race fuel is misleading to the layman and sounds kinda silly
    What was holding people back was availability. There was none except a a few guys bringing small quantities from the US, and a few selling it at $2 a litre or from VP c85 for double that.

Everyone we know with a modified turbo vehicle is now interested in switching. Ecu that can read a flexfuel sensor is all you need to run any blend (and maybe fuel system upgrades, depending what you have).

It makes more power than race fuel at 1\3 the price of q16 that we ran adjusted for volume and not nearly as toxic as lead and the other carcinogens in it. So since we are now on a laypersons forum, we'll stop calling it race fuel as not to confuse you.
    Last edited by Silviawannab; 01-28-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    1991 Silvia wannabe 240sx. 2jz power. 8.9 sec @ 154mph, 1.35 60 foot.
    Sponsored by EBAY parts

haha, no doesn’t confuse me. Just kinda funny calling it race fuel when a dodge caravan was designed specifically with e85 in mind. Makes it sound like it’s applications are limited when in reality by 2014 there were almost 20 million US soccer Mom and dads driving vehicles designed to run it and it’s been a general consumer fuel for quite a while now.

I’m not arguing it’s application in high power turbo cars etc. But I think people are reading too much into it. If it was some auto enthusiast who owns a station it is extremely odd not a single peep in the auto enthusiast world until the sign went up and a passerby posted it.
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-28-2018 at 03:07 PM.

My Ride
    '05 Saabaru 9-2X

E85 and Greek food, together at last.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Any new e85 in Calgary? Quick google search and this is still one of the top threads. My truck takes it and I've been wanting to try it.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Any new e85 in Calgary? Quick google search and this is still one of the top threads. My truck takes it and I've been wanting to try it.
    There's another thread recently. Theres two locations wigh e85, one in the NEand one in the deep south.

Edit: nevermind, that was about Chevron 94

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2