Quantcast
Notley threatening sanctions on BC for inhibiting Kinder expansion. - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 786

Thread: Notley threatening sanctions on BC for inhibiting Kinder expansion.

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Axis powers
    Posts
    2,466
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When? how?

    Ian Anderson said it was not feasable. NDP does not own the oil, so they force producers to reduce volume? redirect?

    Calgary gas is in the $1.20 range. If we raise prices of the oil that is the goal of these pipes is to boraden markets and reduce discount for alberta tar compared to light oils. If prices go up, how are our gas prices going to go down as more and more oil heads offshore? First the americans last year by lifting their export ban.

    explain it to me.
    Do some research, Alberta has cut supplies to the Central/Eastern Canada before in response to the NEP
    Sig nuked by mod.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'll bite.

    The Alberta government has FULL CONTROL of its natural resources, even after it's left the ground and been processed.

    The Alberta gov has the right to stop the flow. There are serious economic and political reasons for not wanting to do it, but it can be done.

    But BC starving us of billions of dollars is certainly a reason to do it if investor confidence never bounces back anyways with the way O&G is going. We need to be focused on maximizing every dollar we can generate with what can be produced from current investments.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,693
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Gas in bc will be cheaper. They're the ones complaining. If you're complaining here, the easiest way to make it cheaper is to vote out the NDP. 7 cents a litre cheaper instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gas in bc will be cheaper. They're the ones complaining. If you're complaining here, the easiest way to make it cheaper is to vote out the NDP. 7 cents a litre cheaper instantly.
    As instantly as the corresponding budget cuts can replace the revenue so the deficit doesn’t increase anyway.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Why would anyone give a fuck whether or not the gas prices will change slightly? Why even argue such an insignificant factor?

    The main fact remains that the Canadian economy and people's livelihoods are being trashed due to delusional, ideological, hypocritical, and profoundly ignorant environmentalists.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,693
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As instantly as the corresponding budget cuts can replace the revenue so the deficit doesn’t increase anyway.
    Well half the tax gets given back to the 49% in a great so the impact isn't as large as you probably tell people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ^^ well said Seth.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    EnRichii...

    Wait a minute...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll bite.

    The Alberta government has FULL CONTROL of its natural resources, even after it's left the ground and been processed.

    The Alberta gov has the right to stop the flow. There are serious economic and political reasons for not wanting to do it, but it can be done.
    .
    quite seriously can you show me the legislation that would allow this? This is in esence stealing property that belongs to oil companies and holding it hostage.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do some research, Alberta has cut supplies to the Central/Eastern Canada before in response to the NEP
    i tried and tried and no, you are wrong. All I have found confirmed is they threatened to cut alberta production to 85%. I cant find anywhere that they stopped shipping to eastern canada.

    So, I agree, the NDP probably can limit production, what they allow out of the ground which I would applaud. But in that case guaranteed alberta would blink first.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,693
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    What's with the grammar? Forget which account you were posting with?

    Or just a good meds day?
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 03-25-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,794
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:18 PM.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,666
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Enrich vs Gestalt

    Head to head, who will win? There’s only one way to find out!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it is that time of year.... gotta find somebody to change your tires, any the only people willing to do it for 50 bucks are all on Beyond
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,750
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's with the grammar? Forget which account you were posting with?

    Or just a good meds day?
    He posted in another thread when I was chatting with him that he purchased grammarly. Thank god!

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it is that time of year.... gotta find somebody to change your tires, any the only people willing to do it for 50 bucks are all on Beyond
    ....? no idea what your talking about. change tires? huh? I'm lost.

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,794
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:18 PM.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well half the tax gets given back to the 49% in a great so the impact isn't as large as you probably tell people.
    Well 49% of people doesn’t mean it’s half of the revenue it generates, so they still have to find a way to balance a ten figure swing to make the numbers work. And that’s just to keep the deficit the same.

    But that’s where the NDP dropped the ball in implementation. If all the money got directly tied to capital projects rather than a bunch just going into general revenue it would have made it a lot harder to cut right away. The whole thing should have been tied to large public transit projects rather than only a small portion with the rest going to general revenue. But that was always my problem with the carbon levy. It wasn’t designed to either eliminate itself or significantly reduce its effect for people (which should be the point for a tax like that), it was just an inefficient tax with no goal.

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    http://business.financialpost.com/pm...-kinder-morgan

    Kinder Morgan has stopped capital spending on TMX until uncertainty can be cleared.

    Likely no shovels in ground for the next 2 months minimum if the project isn't scuttled altogether.

    Congrats BC.

    Now is time for the trade war.

    Can KML shareholders sue Elizabeth May?

    edit:

    Carr just released a statement calling on BC to stop any peremptory measures against TMX in no uncertain terms. No idea how much water that holds but that release came out minutes after KM announced the spending halt.

    http://markets.businessinsider.com/n...ion-1020897644

    The Government of Canada calls on Premier Horgan and the B.C. government to end all threats of delay to the Trans Mountain Expansion. His government's actions stand to harm the entire Canadian economy. At a time of great global trade uncertainty, the importance of Canada's role in the global energy market is bigger than individual projects and provinces.
    We will act in Canada's national interest to see that this project is built. Our government's approach to resource development will grow our economy and protect the environment. These are not competing interests, they are shared priorities. We have the responsibility to ensure the stability and growth of the Canadian economy and to get our resources to market, and British Columbia shares in this responsibility.
    Our government stands behind this project and has the jurisdiction in this matter. Under Canadian constitutional law, this is well-established and clear and has been reaffirmed by multiple courts, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
    We are determined to find a solution. With all our partners, we continue to consider all available options. As our Prime Minister has said, this pipeline will be built.
    So are the Liberals shitting themselves or is it more of the same?
    Last edited by killramos; 04-08-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    Sierra, RDX
    Posts
    2,630
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    This just scuttled any faint hope Notley had of winning a decent amount of seats. I’d also wager that there won’t be a safe Liberal riding in Alberta at the federal level.

    Hopefully when Notley has her press conference, it’s to say that the government is going to retaliate against BC is a meaningful way.
    Last edited by FraserB; 04-08-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Copyright troll legal firm hit with sanctions.

    By C_Dave45 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 07-22-2013, 10:05 AM
  2. EU Sanctions against Iran

    By arian_ma in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
  3. IT Help Desk at Kinder Morgan

    By G in forum Careers
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 11-10-2009, 06:23 PM
  4. U.N. unanimously approves Iran sanctions

    By collectskulls in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 12-24-2006, 03:38 PM
  5. Kinder Chocolate Bars

    By Neil4Speed in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 04-17-2006, 12:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •