Quantcast
Notley threatening sanctions on BC for inhibiting Kinder expansion. - Page 31 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Notley threatening sanctions on BC for inhibiting Kinder expansion.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While they may be referring to 'flawed' science (i laugh at this, seeing the AOHVA people point to science as flawed due to it not being completed here..), those so called trails were never sanctioned through the Public Lands Act, and therefore OHVers shouldn't be upset about losing something that was never actually theirs to use, except that there was no enforcement under the previous government.
    The science of determining roadkill on interstate design shouldn't be applied to seasonal single track trails in the mountains. Not hard to see the flaw there.

Also, are you conveniently forgetting about crowsnest? Or any trail that crosses or goes near a stream that was sanctioned through the public lands act?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'd say if people were even fully informed on a single issue and researched the various policies for that one issue, we'd be further ahead. Instead we have people making voting decisions based on three second analysis of four or five issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Abeo View Post
    Also, are you conveniently forgetting about crowsnest? Or any trail that crosses or goes near a stream that was sanctioned through the public lands act?
    Defacto trails do not equal designated..

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'd say if people were even fully informed on a single issue and researched the various policies for that one issue, we'd be further ahead. Instead we have people making voting decisions based on what they read on facebook.
    Fixed

My Ride

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...tain-1.3961416

Also, there are many designated trails affected by the new watercourse rules. One of which (locally) being ghost falls.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Not sure what your point is here (and probably getting even further off topic).... OHVers were their own demise on this file. There are no 'new rules', the PLA is from 2000.. bought time it got some enforcement. Too bad the PCs were to afraid to offend 'their base'..
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 05-24-2018 at 03:06 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    City of Vancouver and First Nation lose their court case in BC Supreme Court:
    https://trib.al/qqChqjU
    one down. several more to go.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 05-24-2018 at 03:28 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    LOL, you new to politics or something? The way how democracy work is that eventually 80% of policies matches doesn't matter who you vote for. Usually it's down to the last 20% which ALWAYS comes down to 1 to 2 issues.

On top, most voter only cares about 1 to 2 issues.

UCP wants you to focus on debts
    NDP wants you to focus on social issues
    Yup, I understand it perfectly well. Voters go in emotionally charged thinking 'It's payback time bitches!" and mark their ballot. Isn't that how we ended up with what we have now?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Yup, I understand it perfectly well. Voters go in emotionally charged thinking 'It's payback time bitches!" and mark their ballot. Isn't that how we ended up with what we have now?
    People are pissed off about Sky Palace and Look in Mirror. Pissed off votes got split to NDP and WR.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    People are pissed off about Sky Palace and Look in Mirror. Pissed off votes got split to NDP and WR.
    Sky Palace was and will forever be a total joke with the PC Party. Look in the mirror was spot on tho. Still is.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The look in the mirror comment was appropriate if JP had framed it in the narrative of "we the politicians need to look in the mirror" ..... Joe Blow from Strathmore is not allocating funds they dont have.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    The look in the mirror comment was appropriate if JP had framed it in the narrative of "we the politicians need to look in the mirror" ..... Joe Blow from Strathmore is not allocating funds they dont have.
    Joe Blow keeps screaming for more/better service while not wanting to pay for them.

Albertans don't want higher taxes, but still want better service. Government seems to only throw money at problems which isn't the solution.

Let's take healthcare for example. The cost of this system takes up a massive chunk of the budget. Healthcare needs total reform, but I get shit on and called 'un-Canadian' for saying that on pretty much any forum that I'm apart of. We are truly scared to do anything else except throw more money at it.

And then we have new NDP initiated programs - like the $25 per day childcare. I'm sorry for those of you with kids in this program but my taxes shouldn't be going to subsidize your childcare at all. You had children, you incur the costs associated. I would never, ever dream of even asking someone to cover the costs of my children in daycare.

No offense.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Entitlement reform basically doesn't work, that the scary thing about social programs. You literally cannot ever scale them back in any way once in place. Combine that with ineptitude of government bureaucracy and you have a perfect storm. That is healthcare in a nutshell.

So we just get continuously inflated tax burdens as citizens with no increases to service quality.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Morneau talking to Calgary Chamber of Commerce May 30. And in Vancouver May 31.

Interesting.

Joe Blow keeps screaming for more/better service while not wanting to pay for them.

Albertans don't want higher taxes, but still want better service. Government seems to only throw money at problems which isn't the solution.

Let's take healthcare for example. The cost of this system takes up a massive chunk of the budget. Healthcare needs total reform, but I get shit on and called 'un-Canadian' for saying that on pretty much any forum that I'm apart of. We are truly scared to do anything else except throw more money at it.

And then we have new NDP initiated programs - like the $25 per day childcare. I'm sorry for those of you with kids in this program but my taxes shouldn't be going to subsidize your childcare at all. You had children, you incur the costs associated. I would never, ever dream of even asking someone to cover the costs of my children in daycare.

No offense.
    Total reform to what?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Morneau talking to Calgary Chamber of Commerce May 30. And in Vancouver May 31.

Interesting.
    Indeed.

My Ride

No offense.
    If Joe Blow is asking for things the government does not have money for - the government is dumb for recklessly spending money they dont have on a continual basis like that.

Healthcare reform needs to be done - its up to the provinces and were the closest thing to libertarian out of all of them.

Politicians here need to look in the mirror.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Total reform to what?
    Probably one that includes a user pay option for private services. Many people are already spending money in places like Montana to get things done quickly.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Is "Joe Blow" really asking for more services though? I never here anyone but special interest groups say "Hey, you know what? We need this!"

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    If Joe Blow is asking for things the government does not have money for - the government is dumb for recklessly spending money they dont have on a continual basis like that.
    That's not how democracy works, sadly.

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 ... LastLast