Quantcast
The US of A Shooting Mega-Thread - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The US of A Shooting Mega-Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    mod should split it.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Great, now this is the abortion thread.
    Correction, an abortion OF a thread.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Thank you Barack, very cool
    Name:  Screenshot_20220525-191540_Instagram.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  322.8 KB

Always said that Canada has more to fear of the USA than Taiwan does of China. USA scares me on a fundamental deep rooted level, Putin is just exercising his tanks.

Maybe it *is* time to call in Britain to tackle the evil USA.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-25-2022 at 08:58 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I'm still shocked how easy it is to acquire a firearm and a high capacity clip in the states.

I'm all for guns, but come on.

Limit clip capacity and have a six month licensing program with multiple steps like they do here in Canada.
    Capacity has zero effect on safety. Any tard can quickly change a magazine, having a messenger bag with 30 high cap magazines that are blocked to 5 rounds like here in Canada isn't going to make anyone safer. With 400 million guns already floating around in the USA, licensing is pretty pointless now there too.

Naturally. And of course, all those pistol-toting patriots are trained to law-enforcement levels to ensure they don't kill any bystanders or themselves in the process.
    You realize that law enforcement "training" by and large is typically under 1000 rounds fired (this is the case for the RCMP for example clocking in at around 900+ rounds fire in training), and that by the FBI's own stats that over 85% of all rounds fired by L/E in the USA miss their targets? People with this false sense that somehow L/E is "safer" and "better trained" than joe random is pretty laughable. There are exceptions of course, I've known many L/E that have excellent shooting skills, but the majority don't.

In about five to ten years, school shooters wont have to be onsite to do a mass killing. They will just need know how to pilot a drone, and there is also a good chance they will get away without being caught.

This poses a problem for law enforcement, as they also will have to upgrade to anti-aircraft technology as a criminal that will drone a school, will likely concurrently drone a local law enforcement station at the same time.

This is america, get your money.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-26-2022 at 05:37 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

This is where I genuinely disagree.
    There are ~7.1 million registered firearms in Canada and many more that aren't, yet we don't have the same mass shooting issues that the US has.

This latest instance, the kid turned 18, immediately went to a store and walked out with his firearm hours later.
    Zero training, zero background check, zero accountability.

If someone is mentally unstable and wants to cause mass harm they are going to look for the most convenient way to do so. In the US its too convenient to buy a high capacity firearm and go off.
    Do you know, if i was inclined to shoot up a public place, it would take me less than an hour to procure several high capacity magazines without even a PAL? First stop, cabela's, next stop Lowes.

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Do you know, if i was inclined to shoot up a public place, it would take me less than an hour to procure several high capacity magazines without even a PAL? First stop, cabela's, next stop Lowes.
    Cool story bro!
    I am aware.

Very few of these people are going to spend time planning. They go off and look for convenience in accessing whatever their weapon of choice is.

Repeat after me!
    It's far too easy to access high capacity firearms in the US.

There, that's it.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Cool story bro!
    I am aware.

Very few of these people are going to spend time planning. They go off and look for convenience in accessing whatever their weapon of choice is.

Repeat after me!
    It's far too easy to access high capacity firearms in the US.

There, that's it.
    Honest question but aren't most of them planned pretty thoroughly? Nova Scotia was months in the works, same with the vegas shooting. I would argue that very few of these unfortunate mass killings (guns, cars etc) are not planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Honest question but aren't most of them planned pretty thoroughly? Nova Scotia was months in the works, same with the vegas shooting. I would argue that very few of these unfortunate mass killings (guns, cars etc) are not planned.
    These are the outliers, not the norm.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Is a fundamental problem in the States, but I genuinely believe better gun control legislation will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the rate of mass shootings in the US.
    I completely agree. But I also agree with those saying there is something fundamentally wrong in the USA which is contributing to these people going off the deep end at a higher rate than other countries. Ultimately, some will still kill as many as they can. While frequency would likely be reduced, I think the stronger reduction would be the volume of those killed during such occurrences.

On the gun control side, it's about reducing the tools of death, and reducing volume of deaths when they do occur. The harder it is to obtain a legal firearm, and the less lethal that firearm is, there would be less instances and less volume of deaths when it DOES occur. There are of course arguments already stated about de-pinning a magazine, or getting a firearm from your buddy or the black market - but there are exceptions to every rule. I don't see how anybody could realistically deny that simply based from a logical, common sense perspective.

But there would certainly still be mass killings. Some will still obtain weapons they should not own, and some of those weapons will still be just as lethal depending on the source. Some will only kill 3-4 people instead of 30 because all they could get ahold of is a "lesser" weapon. Some might decide not to even bother, since they wouldn't reach the goal of killing enough people to even make the news. But it WILL still happen. So this isn't a problem that can be solely solved with gun control, but at least regulation can be done relatively quickly. As a long-term and near-total solution, healing people psychologically and healing the country on a sociological level is a far more difficult and much longer process - but would be required before we see these senseless mass killings become a rarity again.

Here is a link to incidents of mass shootings in the US in 2022.
    Defined as four or more injured or killed in the shooting.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/q...d-ecefeabae077

TLDR: These are happening nearly every day in the US.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Nova Scotia I'm a little on the fence about how well it was planned. Seemed a little reactionary to me, made a nice tinder box and just needed a spark to set it off.

Vegas however... was next level.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Capacity has zero effect on safety. Any tard can quickly change a magazine, having a messenger bag with 30 high cap magazines that are blocked to 5 rounds like here in Canada isn't going to make anyone safer. With 400 million guns already floating around in the USA, licensing is pretty pointless now there too.
    Hard disagree here. If there is a meaningful punishment for modifying a pinned magazine then people wont do it.

Similarly, if people who sell guns (business or private) to mass murderers or even criminals in general could be meaningfully charged or being complicit in the crimes committed, businesses may start doing their own background checks etc.

Just my 2c

I don't even understand why the fuck anyone here, the USA or even the NRA would be oppose responsible gun ownership with more restrictions to help prevent this shit from happening.

I say help because no it will not prevent it, but do something. Does the USA need to ban semi-auto weapons like the British? Prob not, but my god, make them harder to get.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

I just want to know who's idea it was to put a rivet in a high capacity magazine and call it Good Nuff in Canada. It's honestly the dumbest thing i've ever seen and I have a bunch of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Boy View Post
    I don't even understand why the fuck anyone here, the USA or even the NRA would be oppose responsible gun ownership with more restrictions to help prevent this shit from happening.

I say help because no it will not prevent it, but do something. Does the USA need to ban semi-auto weapons like the British? Prob not, but my god, make them harder to get.
    On a US based form I saw a suggestion that the solution was to hire veterans to guard the school, to help with unemployment and protect the kids.

This is a GREAT idea. Give a veteran, possibly suffering from PTSD, a gun and tell him his job is to protect the school where any one of these kids he sees everyday could snap at any moment and start shooting up the school at anytime. Bravo! school shootings solved, new problem school shootings.

BTW: I read somewhere that this Texas shooter walked past 2 armed school security and a cop was in the school, like Sandy Hook.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Hard disagree here. If there is a meaningful punishment for modifying a pinned magazine then people wont do it.

Similarly, if people who sell guns (business or private) to mass murderers or even criminals in general could be meaningfully charged or being complicit in the crimes committed, businesses may start doing their own background checks etc.

Just my 2c
    If you're talking about Canada, any business that sells a firearm already makes sure the buyer has a valid license through the online portal and private sales have to show a license before anything change hands. Anyone, private or business, validates the transfer of a restricted with the CFP. Anyone with a license undergoes DAILY continuous eligibility screening through CPIC and the CFO. Unless it is shown they either knew about the intent or sold the item unlawfully, saying that someone who sells an item that is later used in a crime should be charged as well is foolishness. You might as well start dragging dealerships into court with drunk drivers then.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Nova Scotia I'm a little on the fence about how well it was planned. Seemed a little reactionary to me, made a nice tinder box and just needed a spark to set it off.

Vegas however... was next level.
    On the fence how? The guy spent years obtaining guns that were smuggled into Canada and modifying a vehicle. He didn't wake up one morning, find a gangbanger on the corner and buy a Glock with a scratched off serial number. For years, the RCMP failed every single step of the way in Nova Scotia and every death that occurred was preventable if they had done their job with even a shadow of competence.
    Last edited by FraserB; 05-26-2022 at 09:47 AM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Here is a link to incidents of mass shootings in the US in 2022.
    Defined as four or more injured or killed in the shooting.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/q...d-ecefeabae077

TLDR: These are happening nearly every day in the US.
    Click the sources. Real tldr: they are all gang shootings except for the very very rare exceptions

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 ... LastLast