Quantcast
The US of A Shooting Mega-Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 34 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The US of A Shooting Mega-Thread

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Default The US of A Shooting Mega-Thread

Almost one every second day so far in 2018.

Obligatory...

Name:  a4Npjwt.png
Views: 2138
Size:  245.3 KB

This time it's only 2 students shot so I'm surprised they're even reporting it....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/us/lo...ing/index.html
    Last edited by dj_patm; 02-01-2018 at 01:05 PM.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

over 4600 incidents involving guns already in the first month of 2018...

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/
    Last edited by T-Dubbs; 02-01-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

This new normal is reflected in the fact they don't even bother to cancel classes now. The day just continues on like nothing happened.
    ---

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The USA is so similar to Canada but the ways that it is different are hard to fathom.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dubbs View Post
    over 4600 incidents involving guns already in the first month of 2018...

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/
    Can’t export to excel right now to sort by actual type, but it should be noted that an incident for their tracking is basically any situation where a gun is present
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    an econo box

Cultural decline is the problem.

^ don't tell liberals that... it's always the inanimate objects fault and never the person (victim). i.e. money, guns, drugs....

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    ^ don't tell liberals that... it's always the inanimate objects fault and never the person (victim). i.e. money, guns, drugs....
    Maybe if you don't make guns and violence a staple of your culture the people won't be so fucked up?

Weird hey.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by dj_patm View Post
    Maybe if you don't make guns and violence a staple of your culture the people won't be so fucked up?

Weird hey.
    You are right, all those black gang-bangers should just cut that shit out!

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Cause there are no black people or organized crimes in other countries?

How many school shootings have there been in other organized crime hotbeds this year?

I am pretty sure I read that not only was this ruled an accident, but the two people who got hurt did not have lasting injuries and are expected to make a full recovery.

If you want to prevent deaths you should focus on vehicles. Around 3,200 people die per month in car accidents in the USA, including around 2,000 children per year. And there are far fewer cars than guns in the USA.

Deaths from gun accidents/negligence in the USA are around 500 per year according to Wikipedia.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I am pretty sure I read that not only was this ruled an accident, but the two people who got hurt did not have lasting injuries and are expected to make a full recovery.
    Oh so it was only a gun accident at a school that almost killed two children. That's cool then.

If you want to prevent deaths you should focus on vehicles. Around 3,200 people die per month in car accidents in the USA, including around 2,000 children per year. And there are far fewer cars than guns in the USA.

Deaths from gun accidents/negligence in the USA are around 500 per year according to Wikipedia.
    Weird. You mean like we should register cars and license people who drive cars, make sure they know what they're doing and are physically and mentally fit to be driving them? Enforce rules about modifying cars? Limit the manners in which they can be used?

That does sound like a good idea.

Oh so it was only a gun accident at a school that almost killed two children. That's cool then.

Weird. You mean like we should register cars and license people who drive cars, make sure they know what they're doing and are physically and mentally fit to be driving them? Enforce rules about modifying cars? Limit the manners in which they can be used?

That does sound like a good idea.
    LOL, the best part is you just proved the point that all those "safeguards" do absolutely nothing to prevent deaths and don't even realize it.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

LOL, the best part is you just proved the point that all those "safeguards" do absolutely nothing to prevent deaths and don't even realize it.
    Imagine how many more accidents there would be if you DIDN'T need a license to drive a car? Are you serious?

Your words, not mine. I did not say anything even remotely close to that. If there was a car accident on school property in the USA that injured 2 kids, would you have made a thread about it?

Imagine how many more accidents there would be if you DIDN'T need a license to drive a car? Are you serious?
    If you want to use that example, there are WAY more guns than vehicles in the USA (tens of millions more), and yet despite all the licencing, regulations, limits, etc. imposed on them, vehicle accidents kill far more people and children per year than gun accidents or negligent use. If anything that is an argument against stricter regulation.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Love the whataboutism going on in this thread.

On one hand, you have an essential component of the modern world. On the other, you have a piece of equipment designed to destroy whatever you point it at, and whose usage is not really required for the overwhelming majority of the population.

Another thing to consider is the rates of usage of those two things. It's almost like one of those things is used constantly, all the time, by a huge set of the population for personal and commercial use. I wonder if the difference in those two situations points out how comparing them on the basis that you have is irrelevant.

Look, I'm not anti-gun. I like shooting things. I also like having informed conversations, and let's call a spade a spade: your post is a dishonest comparison (to put it nicely).

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Your words, not mine. I did not say anything even remotely close to that. If there was a car accident on school property in the USA that injured 2 kids, would you have made a thread about it?

If you want to use that example, there are WAY more guns than vehicles in the USA (tens of millions more), and yet despite all the licencing, regulations, limits, etc. imposed on them, vehicle accidents kill far more people and children per year than gun accidents or negligent use. If anything that is an argument against stricter regulation.
    There was well over 480 Billion Kilometers driven in the US 2017.

lol this is ridiculous. whatever man you keep thinking that there is no gun problem in US.

There was well over 480 Billion Kilometers driven in the US 2017.

lol this is ridiculous. whatever man you keep thinking that there is no gun problem in US.
    Again, your words, not mine. I did not say that. All I did was point out a problem with your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Love the whataboutism going on in this thread.

On one hand, you have an essential component of the modern world. On the other, you have a piece of equipment designed to destroy whatever you point it at, and whose usage is not really required for the overwhelming majority of the population.

Another thing to consider is the rates of usage of those two things. It's almost like one of those things is used constantly, all the time, by a huge set of the population for personal and commercial use. I wonder if the difference in those two situations points out how comparing them on the basis that you have is irrelevant.

Look, I'm not anti-gun. I like shooting things. I also like having informed conversations, and let's call a spade a spade: your post is a dishonest comparison (to put it nicely).

Well, to be fair I didn't make the comparison, dj_patm did in his post I quoted. My point was that we DO have training, licensing and registration of guns like dj_patm suggests, and we still have gun deaths. Just like we do have training, licensing and registration of drivers and we still have driving deaths.

The stats say 33% of 323M Americans and 22% of 33M Canadians own guns, and since these are officially collected stats these are legal gun owners. That is lot of people, that is not dishonest.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Well, to be fair I didn't make the comparison, dj_patm did in his post I quoted. My point was that we DO have training, licensing and registration of guns like dj_patm suggests, and we still have gun deaths. Just like we do have training, licensing and registration of drivers and we still have driving deaths.

The stats say 33% of 323M Americans and 22% of 33M Canadians own guns, and since these are officially collected stats these are legal gun owners. That is lot of people, that is not dishonest.
    I agree and disagree, and you are correct int hat you did not make the original comparison.

My point is that the usage of cars vs. guns is dramatically different, and as a result of that, said comparison isn't an honest argument.

Are 22% of Canada's population using their gun multiple times a week (or day)? No, and that's the point of my attack of said comparison.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 11 ... LastLast