Quantcast
2019 Mercedes Benz A Hatchback Coming to Canada. CONFIRMED - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Mercedes Benz A Hatchback Coming to Canada. CONFIRMED

My Ride
    LNF

It sounds like your dad should look at a hyundai if he wants tech. Hyundais seem to have the best tech and standard features (heated steering wheel, seats and infotainment/wireless charging), however they usually fall behind in engine/trans and driving dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It sounds like your dad should look at a hyundai if he wants tech. Hyundais seem to have the best tech and standard features (heated steering wheel, seats and infotainment/wireless charging), however they usually fall behind in engine/trans and driving dynamics.
    They're on his list - the SUVs though not the Elantra/Forte. He has already resigned himself to the fact that spending $30-40K or so on a (new) car is not going to get him a driving experience like an Audi that costs over double - that isn't the expectation. Focus will be more on utility, comfort, and tech. They aren't that cheap anymore though - you can spend well over $40K on a Kia Sportage.

Car shopping is usually a very long process for us, there is just so much to consider and it's a big purchase (for us anyway). If anyone is looking for a 2016 absolutely mint, loaded 3.0T A6 with low KM let me know haha.

Back to the A Class though, looks like you can probably squeeze in under $500/mo on a 45mo lease with $0 down and most of the options assuming they move a little bit on the price.

An even more interesting thing to consider is that you could probably buy a Golf R or CTR and get hosed on the lease for 3-4 years, but turn around and sell it for 70-80% of what you paid for it afterwards, recouping most of the cost. Cash flow would suck at the time, but total cost of ownership is probably some of the lowest out there if you're successful with a private sale at the end.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-17-2019 at 03:37 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    They're on his list - the SUVs though not the Elantra/Forte. He has already resigned himself to the fact that spending $30-40K or so on a (new) car is not going to get him a driving experience like an Audi that costs over double - that isn't the expectation. Focus will be more on utility, comfort, and tech. They aren't that cheap anymore though - you can spend well over $40K on a Kia Sportage.
    Highly recommend the Kona which I also bought.
    Make sure to only look at the Trend or Ultimate trims (which is pretty much the only thing you'll find reviews for since the 2.0L non-turbo is so underwhelming)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Will it steer you around corners, while keeping the car dead center in the lane through the corner? If so that's great, I really didn't think it had that and the salesperson said it didn't have that. Most of the systems will just bounce between the lines, even though they technically don't need driver input, it looks like you're driving drunk haha.
    The best systems for doing this today is Tesla and Mercedes (MY2019 and up 3rd gen). This is my car driving around. Signal to lane change. The A class has the exact same system, but unavailable here (for now). See 1m mark, zero problems going thru curves on McKnight by the airport. Works well in rain/light snow too. It doesn't work in snow when lines aren't visible.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The best systems for doing this today is Tesla and Mercedes (MY2019 and up 3rd gen). This is my car driving around. Signal to lane change. The A class has the exact same system, but unavailable here (for now). See 1m mark, zero problems going thru curves on McKnight by the airport. Works well in rain/light snow too. It doesn't work in snow when lines aren't visible.
    That's awesome, and it even works in the rain and with the wipers on - impressive. No doubt a big step up from what I have now, really a bummer the A Class doesn't have it yet.

My Ride
    Grimace

That is pretty awesome. Much better than my radar cruise.

My Ride
    M3P

BUMP.

Has anyone seen anything about the A35 or A45 coming to Canada this year? Hoping for the A45. Can't find any information on it and would also hope that there was some sort of intelligent drive package that could be added as well.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

A35 is coming in the next couple of months. A45 closer to the end of the year. Intelligent drive package is available on A Class now in Canada. Option code IDP, $1900.

I really wish it was a PHEV.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Intelligent drive package is available on A Class now in Canada. Option code IDP, $1900.
    Finally. That is the last thing I was waiting for. Hoefully I can make it work in the next year or so.

Will Distronic plus (I think that's what it's called) keep you in the center of the lane while on the highway and steer you around corners? Not to be confused with lane-departure. That's my absolute favorite feature on my current car and I don't want to give it up.

My Ride
    M3P

A35 is coming in the next couple of months. A45 closer to the end of the year. Intelligent drive package is available on A Class now in Canada. Option code IDP, $1900.

I really wish it was a PHEV.
    This is great news - end of the year is perfect for me, any word on price?

Would you buy if it was PHEV? EQ Boost would be cool too!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

You probably need to order one now if you want one.

My guess is $75-$80k with all the bells and whistles.

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    You probably need to order one now if you want one.

My guess is $75-$80k with all the bells and whistles.
    I'm aiming for $70,000 but who knows if that's doable. I think I would only add the Premium/Intelligent/AMG package which is ~$10,000. I thought the MSRP would mirror that of the C43

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    I'm aiming for $70,000 but who knows if that's doable. I think I would only add the Premium/Intelligent/AMG package which is ~$10,000. I thought the MSRP would mirror that of the C43
    I was guessing the A35 would be around $65K-$70K when I had one on order. The A45, while having more power, will have more LAAAAAG.

My Ride
    M3P

I was guessing the A35 would be around $65K-$70K when I had one on order. The A45, while having more power, will have more LAAAAAG.
    What makes you say that?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

both have 2.0L blocks. making more power = bigger turbo = more lag without EQ boost.

My Ride
    M3P

both have 2.0L blocks. making more power = bigger turbo = more lag without EQ boost.
    Of course, makes sense.

Would hate to grab first year A45 only to have them add EQ Boost in the next iteration.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Will Distronic plus (I think that's what it's called) keep you in the center of the lane while on the highway and steer you around corners? Not to be confused with lane-departure. That's my absolute favorite feature on my current car and I don't want to give it up.
    It's all part of the Intelligent Drive Package. Distronic plus is just radar cruise control. Steer Assist is what keeps you centred in lanes. Lane change assist is what lets the car change lanes on its own by tapping the signal stalk. Speed limit assist sets your cruise control to the speed limit based on road signs, and map based speed adaptation is what controls speed through turns as well as use map data to make better lane recognition.

This is great news - end of the year is perfect for me, any word on price?

Would you buy if it was PHEV? EQ Boost would be cool too!
    No clue on price, like every new release, you won't know till it shows up. I know, it's stupid.

I would def buy if it was a PHEV. 53V system with a bigger motor (say 100-150hp) from the GLC350e would absolutely destroy.

Of course, makes sense.

Would hate to grab first year A45 only to have them add EQ Boost in the next iteration.
    They won't. The PHEV version of that drivetrain is destined for the next C63.

My Ride
    ute

4 cyl C63? gross.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    4 cyl C63? gross.
    They won't. The PHEV version of that drivetrain is destined for the next C63.
    4 cyl and Transverse? Double gross.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The engine is designed for both traverse and longitudinal layout. So only single gross.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast