Quantcast
2019 Mercedes Benz A Hatchback Coming to Canada. CONFIRMED - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Mercedes Benz A Hatchback Coming to Canada. CONFIRMED

J

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Poor America, only get the sedan.

Poor Canada, doesn't get self driving package.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmmm, kind of reminds me of Pontiacs of old with their tacked on cladding, spoilers and other goodies and way out there interiors. The Pontiacs whose styling that so many were so critical of and now it's all being embraced as so awesome when Mercedes starts doing it. Maybe the Aztek will become collectible, maybe GM was just way ahead of it's time.
    Breaking Bad already made it a collectible.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Poor America, only get the sedan.

Poor Canada, doesn't get self driving package.
    Do we at least get lane keep and autonomous cruise? Or nothing?

My Ride
    ute

so are we getting the real AMG for the MY2021?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Do we at least get lane keep and autonomous cruise? Or nothing?
    Yes, LKA and radar cruise are part of premium package.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm really happy you just compared a Pontiac Aztek to a Mercedes AMG. Awesome!
    Basically the same thoughts I was having, except more to do with riced out hondas.

Riced out hondas = bad. Riced out MB = good.

It has friggin adjustable MOOD LIGHTS for christs sake, what is this, an AMG aimed at 40 year old guys thinking they are 16 again?

In other news, I definitely want one

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Riced out hondas = bad. Riced out MB = good.
    Who's going to be the first to put a SO SCARE sticker on one?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yes, LKA and radar cruise are part of premium package.
    I lied.

With the latest order guides, I have distronic cruise control (radar cruise) with the tech package, no availability of active lane keep assist (where it forcibly pulls you back into your lane), and no availability of active steer assist (the self driving bits). That's both on the A250 Hatch and A220 Sedan.

Bummer. My guess is MB Canada is really trying to go bare bones on the A's the first year, so even fully loaded it's not ridiculously expensive. Lots of cool stuff that's available in other markets just isn't available.

It'll probably be available in the A35 and higher. Really looking forward to seeing if they stuff the A45 with hybrid tech. Could see myself buying a fucking $90k riced out hatchback with mood lights, sounds and smells. Mid life crisis here I fucking come!

I lied.

With the latest order guides, I have distronic cruise control (radar cruise) with the tech package, no availability of active lane keep assist (where it forcibly pulls you back into your lane), and no availability of active steer assist (the self driving bits). That's both on the A250 Hatch and A220 Sedan.

Bummer. My guess is MB Canada is really trying to go bare bones on the A's the first year, so even fully loaded it's not ridiculously expensive. Lots of cool stuff that's available in other markets just isn't available.
    That is actually pretty disappointing - even a $15K Yaris has some of that stuff standard. Hopefully they add it in subsequent years. Keeping cost down is good but it seems odd to skimp on basic (nowadays) safety features.

Lane departure I don't really care about but the lane keep is actually the thing I use the most on my car on the highway - it keeps me dead center in the lane (not bouncing from side to side like some systems) removing that tiny bit of fatigue of holding the wheel against the slope of the road ever so slightly. Makes a surprising difference on a long drive. It also keeps you on the road if something unexpected happens in the car causing you to lose attention.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That is actually pretty disappointing - even a $15K Yaris has some of that stuff standard. Hopefully they add it in subsequent years. Keeping cost down is good but it seems odd to skimp on basic (nowadays) safety features.

Lane departure I don't really care about but the lane keep is actually the thing I use the most on my car on the highway - it keeps me dead center in the lane (not bouncing from side to side like some systems) removing that tiny bit of fatigue of holding the wheel against the slope of the road ever so slightly. Makes a surprising difference on a long drive. It also keeps you on the road if something unexpected happens in the car causing you to lose attention.
    Yea, it's clearly available in other markets, just not Canada. Of course the order guide could be wrong, they're never 100% accurate. Mine's a month and a half old here.

The steer assist is pretty awesome on the highways, pretty much on par with Tesla Autopilot. We've driven the E wagon out to BC 3x this year, and the car pretty much drove itself for 95% of the trip. I had a chance to try the new system in the 2019 E's (which is the same system fitted to the A's in other markets) and it's on par with the latest Tesla AP. It drove from Lone Star to Chinatown with only traffic lights needing intervention. In some situations, it's better than Tesla's system. If a road ends, it automatically brakes and stops at the intersection to wait for you to make the turn if you don't do anything. Didn't get a chance to try it out on the highway, but my guess is it'll stay engaged in sections where markings are non existent.

Yea, it's clearly available in other markets, just not Canada. Of course the order guide could be wrong, they're never 100% accurate. Mine's a month and a half old here.

The steer assist is pretty awesome on the highways, pretty much on par with Tesla Autopilot. We've driven the E wagon out to BC 3x this year, and the car pretty much drove itself for 95% of the trip. I had a chance to try the new system in the 2019 E's (which is the same system fitted to the A's in other markets) and it's on par with the latest Tesla AP. It drove from Lone Star to Chinatown with only traffic lights needing intervention. In some situations, it's better than Tesla's system. If a road ends, it automatically brakes and stops at the intersection to wait for you to make the turn if you don't do anything. Didn't get a chance to try it out on the highway, but my guess is it'll stay engaged in sections where markings are non existent.
    That's awesome. I'm sure mine isn't nearly that good, and it only works at higher/highway speeds, but it can drive itself around corners while keeping the vehicle dead center in the lane which I thought was pretty cool. It can tell if you aren't holding onto the wheel though and gets really mad after 5 seconds or so haha - it's a nice highway driving aid but it's no autopilot. The MB system sounds pretty sweet.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's awesome. I'm sure mine isn't nearly that good, and it only works at higher/highway speeds, but it can drive itself around corners while keeping the vehicle dead center in the lane which I thought was pretty cool. It can tell if you aren't holding onto the wheel though and gets really mad after 5 seconds or so haha - it's a nice highway driving aid but it's no autopilot. The MB system sounds pretty sweet.
    Still have to hold the wheel every 30s or so, but yea, even though I'm holding the wheel the whole time, I question at times if it's me or the car doing the driving.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Didn't they do this with the CLA? First models didn't even have 4matic available.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Didn't they do this with the CLA? First models didn't even have 4matic available.
    Yea, that was a massive mistake, killed their first year. 4matic is like 90% of CLA sales today.

Both the A sedan and hatch are available in FWD or 4Matic.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

I was poking around with the A-Class configurator and noticed the option for MBUX Augmented Reality Navigation. Is this a standard for all latest Mercedes?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

A gets it first. Next up is CLA and GLE next year.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Name me the last amg with a manual
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    ute

that ain't no AMG

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

necro'd
    To be honest, I think the biggest fear for Mercedes/AMG is dilution of the brand. Some wealthy guy driving a $200k AMG sees a young kid in a A45 AMG... what do you think his thoughts are? I'm going to guess if kids are driving AMGs, it's time to move on to a more prestigious brand.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast