Quantcast
Going to greece any things i shoudl check out - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Going to greece any things i shoudl check out

My Ride
    K20A2

Default Going to greece any things i shoudl check out

so i am going to Greece and things i should check out. i was thinking about going to mykonos and Athens another suggestions. this is my first time in Greece and going with the wife. Spending about a week there and wondwering how much we should budget as well thank you for any ideas. Really excited to go
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    Silverado

Man, I made sure I took my wife to Greece before I married her. Prettt risky now to find out she doesn't like it.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Go see Meteora if she's tolerant of travelling. Otherwise just hang out on Santorini and spend a day at most in Athens.
    Ultracrepidarian

I did the Acropolis and Vouliagmeni Lake in Athens. The lake is brackish water with little fish that will "exfoliate" you lol.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractio...ns_Attica.html

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractio...on_Attica.html

I would not spend more than a few days in Athens, you will run out of things to do.

Mykonos is not really worth visiting this time of year, as i just came back.
    Almost nothing is open, and most places including restaurants close at 5PM.
    If you are making a day trip to Mykonos, it may be worth your time though.
    As for the islands, i think Santorini is the place to be this time of the year.

I spent about 40-60 Euros a day on food (including drinks and random snacks), but there are cheap eats to be had as well.
    do not accept any "gift" bracelets from anyone.

If you have time, i would recommend going to Rome for a few days.
    its pretty cheap to fly there via RyanAir.

I did it last year, it was beautiful!!!

Places to see:

- National Garden
    - There's a real good restaurant in the Nautical Club of Vouliagmeni that I ate at
    - Plaka Market. There's also a place around the Plaka market - Elaia that I ate at too, really good food.
    - Panathenaic Stadium
    - Hotel Byron - Have lunch or dinner on the top floor, can see the Acropolis from there.
    - The Acropolis
    - Byzantine and Christian Museum
    - Acropolis Museum
    - Ancient Agoras of Athens
    - Boat trip for the day to Santorini

I don't know the name of the restaurant in English, but we ate here and it had a real nice view of the sea front: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/%CE...2!4d24.0119954

Let me know what placed you check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    K20A2

[QUOTE=BokCh0y;4711169]I did it last year, it was beautiful!!!

Places to see:

- National Garden
    - There's a real good restaurant in the Nautical Club of Vouliagmeni that I ate at
    - Plaka Market. There's also a place around the Plaka market - Elaia that I ate at too, really good food.
    - Panathenaic Stadium
    - Hotel Byron - Have lunch or dinner on the top floor, can see the Acropolis from there.
    - The Acropolis
    - Acropolis Museum

I don't know the name of the restaurant in English, but we ate here and it had a real nice view of the sea front: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/%CE...2!4d24.0119954

Let me know what placed you check out.[/QUO

how long did you stay in greece and did you check out any other places. I'm really excited to go to Greece
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Man, I made sure I took my wife to Greece before I married her. Prettt risky now to find out she doesn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 95EG6P View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post
    I did it last year, it was beautiful!!!

Places to see:

- National Garden
    - Panathenaic Stadium
    - The Acropolis
    - Acropolis Museum

Let me know what placed you check out.
    how long did you stay in greece and did you check out any other places. I'm really excited to go to Greece
    I was in Athens, Greece for about 9 days for school last October - one of my electives for my MBA was based in Athens. It was definitely way more fun to go there with people from school than it was with my wife to be honest, but that's because I drank everyday and partied like when I was doing my undergrad at UofC.

Other places I checked out was Alcatraz and FBI Club, both are strip clubs haha.

Spent a day taking a boat trip over to Santorini, fuck it was beautiful there. That place with that name of the restaurant that is in Greek, it's outside of Athen's in Port Rafti. We took a tour bus out of Athen's to see the sea and that one restaurant in Port Rafti. That alone was beautiful....check out some of the reviews on google reviews, there are pics of the restaurant, food, and outside by the waterfront.

Another good place to check out is the Sounion, Attica. You come here to watch the sunset in the temple of Poseidon on the peak of Cape Sounion, but don't get there too late as once they close the gate, regardless if you paid to enter to see the sunset, they won't let you in.

Also check out the Arch of Hadrian in Athen's that was super cool too.

We spent some time at some business for school btw, one was a tour of a winery and the others were a tour of the Cocomat head office and the Apitiva head office, did some bee keeping there it was crazy, but those were for school so don't think you'd be interested in that haha.

Also downtown and the subway were cool too. We stayed at the Stratos Vasilika Hotel as it was close to the University of Greece and the ALMA school of business. Also subway is about 15 minute walk away. Also the hotel's happy hour was buy one get one free!!!

Oh - carry your phone and wallet in your front pockets, we saw a bunch of pick pockets on the subway so be careful.

The plaka was a cool place to shop and just to see everything, quite the culture and you can bargain everything down!!! You can spend a day alone just walking around and checking out all the shops and stuff there.

Lunch is at 3pm btw and it's busy till 5ish then calms down. Dinner is usually around 8pm. Greece is one of the most relaxed and friendliest cities I've ever been to.

Fuck I miss Greece.
    Last edited by BokCh0y; 02-05-2018 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Added more info, asian typos. Fixed buddies inability to quote properly haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    G

Definitely check out zakynthos. I liked the vibe there better than santorini. Delphi is a 2 hour drive from athens and meteora is 2 hours from there. Might be worth checking out

My Ride
    K20A2

Quote Originally Posted by JC522 View Post
    Definitely check out zakynthos. I liked the vibe there better than santorini. Delphi is a 2 hour drive from athens and meteora is 2 hours from there. Might be worth checking out
    sweet will take a look into thanks
    Built with Chopsticks