Quantcast
HELP! Valentines Day - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: HELP! Valentines Day

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Default HELP! Valentines Day

Hey guys, first valentines day as a married man. Wanna send flowers as per usual, roses etc. I usually go with Twigs as she works downtown but all flower places seem to want to take a guys money at Valentines Day. Already have dinner plans for the evening, but need to send something during the day. Nothing too big as our anniversary is the following day. Yes, Feb is an expensive month for me. Anyone know of a cheap place that I can get flowers (roses etc) delivered for a reasonable price? Tried groupon and a couple of the Calgary deals websites.

(Yes I'm aware of the irony that DonJuan needs help with Valentines Day)
    (Mods move this thread to appropriate section if needed)

See attachment for what I'm looking for (From Twigs website):
    Last edited by DonJuan; 02-06-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

Oh how cute. Cheap flowers on Valentine's day. Even Costco raises their prices 100% during this time.

Suck it up butter cup if you want to make it to Valentine's day #2! Valentine's day and Mother's day are probably a flower shops biggest sales day of the year! No way you are going to get flowers delivered for cheap! The cheapest place that you will get flowers that will not be marked up at all will be Costco! My suggestion to you is buy flowers from Costco and get an Uber delivery or something. This is probably only way you will save.

Valentines day is a complete waste of money. You shouldn't need a specific day to show your woman you love them. Go on consistent dates, do nice things for each other all the time.

My fiance and I don't bother with valentines day due to the jacked up prices, for us every day is valentines day .

My Ride

*Sigh

Was hoping for one of you guys might have a flower shop. More roses planned for the anniversary, its just the gouging I can't stand. Maybe I'll take Wed the 14th off and hand deliver them? That's an idea.
    She wishes it was deep.

My Ride
    V8s

I've never once gotten my wife anything for valentines day. At most, we use it as an excuse to go out for a nice dinner if we haven't been in a while. It's not like we aren't romantic, we just aren't suckers.

edit: taking a couple hours out of your day to go give her some flowers is a nice gesture. Perhaps a bit over the top, but obviously thats subjective (just like the rest of the advice in here from myself and others)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I've never once gotten my wife anything for valentines day. At most, we use it as an excuse to go out for a nice dinner if we haven't been in a while. It's not like we aren't romantic, we just aren't suckers.

edit: taking a couple hours out of your day to go give her some flowers is a nice gesture. Perhaps a bit over the top, but obviously thats subjective (just like the rest of the advice in here from myself and others)
    Boss attitude right here. Don't buy shit for Valentine's, it's a suckers game.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

taking a couple hours out of your day to go give her some flowers is a nice gesture. Perhaps a bit over the top, but obviously thats subjective (just like the rest of the advice in here from myself and others)
    Yea, I was thinking it was a li'l extreme as well. The thing about getting them delivered is that its nicely arranged, and usually already has a nice vase etc. I'm leaning to just biting the bullet and going with the usual flower place, something nice to put on her desk.

I was kina thinking (hoping) that now we're married I don't gotta spend money on this cliche celebration day and saving for my new exhaust manifold.
    She wishes it was deep.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

wrong thread derp

My Ride
    G37X

A bigger dong = no more valentines gifts.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:37 AM.

My Ride
    This and that.

One of the earliest things we decided after getting married (only been 2 1/2 yrs) was not to worry about Valentines day or Anniversary presents with each other. Just birthdays. One of the best decisions we have mutually made so far about these things.

I sometimes will still do something small and thoughtful if I want to, but there are no expectations and that is the best part. It certainly helps to have a wife who couldn't care less about expensive things, jewelry etc and doesn't equate romance/love with presents.

But back to the thread; forget about 'cheap' flowers on valentine's day. That's absolutely crazy talk.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 02-06-2018 at 03:57 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    One of the earliest things we decided after getting married (only been 2 1/2 yrs) was not to worry about Valentines day or Anniversary presents with each. Just birthdays. One of the best decisions we have mutually made so far.

I sometimes will still do something small and thoughtful if I want to, but there are expectations and that is the best part. It certainly helps to have a wife who couldn't care less about expensive things, jewelry etc and doesn't equate romance/love with presents.

But back to the thread; forget about 'cheap' flowers on valentine's day. That's absolutely crazy talk.
    Agree, we have an every month small gift or card thing which is sweet but man sometimes I think I've created a monster

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    A bigger dong = no more valentines gifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    Agree, we have an every month small gift or card thing which is sweet but man sometimes I think I've created a monster
    If a bigger dong means no gifts for one day per year, I will assume the opposite for you, based on the monthly gift requirement

My Ride
    G37X

If a bigger dong means no gifts for one day per year, I will assume the opposite for you, based on the monthly gift requirement
    Haha, oh man. I set myself up. Well , take a look at average sizes around the globe and input Colombia. those colombians be packin'!

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I do agree, everyday is Valentines Day. But on V Day you can go out for dinner, or have candle light dinner at home. I usually go to Red Rose on Centre Street for flowers, or Coop. I know women love receiving flowers. To me I prefer something that last longer.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Go to safeway and order their delivery service. I always use either Safeway or Costco
    Even with the markup its 50% cheaper than everywhere else

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadboss101 View Post
    I know women love receiving flowers.
    Some do, sure. If you've been together for longer, you likely know what she would enjoy most. A lot of it is likely related to food/experiences that last longer than the short excitement over flowers. Flowers are so cliche and I don't know any woman who gets excited over them for more than a few minutes unless they're big on flowers or if you just started going out.

Maybe order a few dozen oysters at city fish, grab your favorite bottle of wine, cook for her, and enjoy an evening at home.

My Ride

I got a nice orchids arrangement being delivered tomorrow from the usual place by her office. Its a bit different than roses and at a reasonable price.

If it's one thing I know, women love feeling special. Especially when they can show off to friends and co-workers that they don't like.

Yes everyday is valentines day, but valentines day is also special.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 02-13-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    She wishes it was deep.