Quantcast
Office Prank Help: How to remove owner from file properties - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Office Prank Help: How to remove owner from file properties

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Default Office Prank Help: How to remove owner from file properties

I have a colleague who has pictures of his cats all over his desk and sometimes in his shared folders refers to himself as "Dan the Cat Man". I've been collecting .jpeg files of cats for a long time now and thanks to Reddit have about 10,000. I'd like to start data dumping them into his shared folder on our system but when you right click and go to properties on the pictures it shows me as the owner when you go into file details. Obviously this is less than ideal because any young wiper snapper would be able to catch me fairly quickly. Is there any way to change this? Otherwise I'll have to only plaster his office with print outs and I will miss the computer files aspect of it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Does he forget to lock his desktop when he walks out from his desk? If he does, just load it from his computer under his account, problem solved.

Really though, dumping 10000 files in a shared folder seems like a prank that nobody would ever notice.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Its just one piece of a larger cat based puzzle. By shared folder I mean its his folder on a shared drive. In our office its very rare to leave your computer unlocked because of department wide emails being sent out.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    .... larger cat based puzzle.
    I like the cut of your jib good sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I was over at a friends and I changed her nieces photo to a similar photo like this to see how long it would take for her to notice.

Name:  cnYRcor.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  71.4 KB

Maybe do something with a similar photo?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Not sure if it's possible to change the "owner" property

Maybe find some .jpg he has in his shared folder, and then in paint copy and paste to change the contents. I believe this way the owner still shows up as him.
    I would bet there's also a "last modified by" property, and plus I wouldn't do this 10,000 times...

My Ride
    Eclipse

Not sure best line for you

But have a travel blogger friend, will advertise since I'm about to troll and feel bad (https://expertvagabond.com/)

And he isn't a big fan of cats, so I photoshopped this of him

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

His g/f (Wife now) and parents found it hilarious and made shirts of it for christmas.

Left Anna since shes a travel blogger as well and it was her idea for the shirts..

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

if you want his face photoshopped on that photo, PM me can be private, I do love to troll people
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

That could be funny, you should photoshop "Dan the Cat Man" into a bunch of random cat pictures then make a calendar out of it for everyone in the office............ Oh wait. Disregard.
    I like neat cars.

Last edited by know1edge; 08-16-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:45 AM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    Not sure best line for you
    I'll find a good picture of him and PM you

if you want his face photoshopped on that photo, PM me can be private, I do love to troll people
    I'll find a good picture of him and PM you

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    That could be funny, you should photoshop "Dan the Cat Man" into a bunch of random cat pictures then make a calendar out of it for everyone in the office............ Oh wait. Disregard.
    I am trying to deflect the 4 years of calendars made up of me and pass the torch onto a new victim. What if I die? How will the people get their calendars? You can't make them of a dead guy so you might as well move on to Dan The Cat Man calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Do you guys have a computer for clients/guests? If you log in through a guest account, anything you do will be under that owner. Otherwise just get a keystroke monitor and his password... although that might be going a little too far.

One of my favorite all time network pranks was to share a colleagues local computers entire mp3 audio library, and then replace it one by one with Will Smiths "Wild Wild West", only renamed to the original file name so it would still get picked up in the playlist. So if a song was called "Nirvana-Nevermind.mp3... I would move that, and rename a copy of the wild wild west song as "Nirvana-Nevermind.mp3". I did it while he wasn't listening to it, and soon every song was the wild wild west, but showed the correct artist name and related album cover graphics of the original file.

Amount of time wasted... many many hours, haha. However the pure confusion it caused was epic.
    We have a few conference rooms with computers. I will try that. Just need to find a big enough USB stick to fit all of the pictures.

They also did that to one of the newfies I work with, they found his MP3 zune player (damn newfs) and changed every single song to Great Big Sea.... but he left them all like that because he didn't want to give anyone the satisfaction of knowing they pulled one over on him.... and he likes Great Big Sea.
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    G37X

Do you guys have a computer for clients/guests? If you log in through a guest account, anything you do will be under that owner. Otherwise just get a keystroke monitor and his password... although that might be going a little too far.

One of my favorite all time network pranks was to share a colleagues local computers entire mp3 audio library, and then replace it one by one with Will Smiths "Wild Wild West", only renamed to the original file name so it would still get picked up in the playlist. So if a song was called "Nirvana-Nevermind.mp3... I would move that, and rename a copy of the wild wild west song as "Nirvana-Nevermind.mp3". I did it while he wasn't listening to it, and soon every song was the wild wild west, but showed the correct artist name and related album cover graphics of the original file.

Amount of time wasted... many many hours, haha. However the pure confusion it caused was epic.
    My first question is: who isn't down with Big Will? I mean, the guy basically ruled the 1990's.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Otherwise just get a keystroke monitor and his password... although that might be going a little too far.
    IT Security here. At any place I've worked, a random employee installing a keystroke monitor would get you walked out the door at the very least, and we'd probably be asking legal about what you could be charged with. That said, if it's a harmless prank in good taste, maybe get your IT guy in on it.

They also did that to one of the newfies I work with, they found his MP3 zune player (damn newfs) and changed every single song to Great Big Sea.... but he left them all like that because he didn't want to give anyone the satisfaction of knowing they pulled one over on him.... and he likes Great Big Sea.
    He is the true winner for not giving anyone the satisfaction. Just listen to that shit everyday all day.

My Ride
    G37X

Dear god...

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Not cat related, but how close to him are you.. Get a wireless USB mouse. Stick USB in a slot that isn't noticed (back of monitor usually works well)... When you can hear him working, just occasionally right click. Or move it ever so slowly, particularly if you can hear his mouse click so you know he's doing something.. I lasted 3 months doing this to a guy on the other side of a cubi wall before i broke as he called IT after i went right-click crazy for an audience who were in on it

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Unfortunately I am not very close, he's in cube land and I am over tucked away in an office. Within nerf gun range but outside of wireless mouse range. Also he's a newer guy to the company so I don't want to cross the line to being mean, just include him on the pranks that seem to be ongoing around here.
    I'm generally cute.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:45 AM.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

^ after reading the bosses comment i was going to say in a medium + sized business this sounds like a very bad idea

small business 2-10 type environment hopefully just laughs all around
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

User robocopy with the /B option. That should trip the ownership information as it would copy in Backup mode. It depends on which level of permissions you have on the local computer, so would have to try it out and see. Robocopy is built into all modern flavours of windows. You will need to right click on command prompt and run as administrator.

Something like this

Robocopy /B C:\MyCatPictures \\FQDNofDestinationLocation