Quantcast
Alberta spent $27.4M in taxpayer subsidies to 15 elite private schools last year - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Alberta spent $27.4M in taxpayer subsidies to 15 elite private schools last year

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You get paid to homeschool your kids, but it's miniscule compared to the per kid budget at public schools. My neighbor, who's been a teacher forever, decided to homeschool his kids for a better schooling experience.
    lol, I never got this. Especially in the early years school has less to do with learning facts and more to do with socialization and learning to function in the group.

I know several people that were homeschooled for significant chunks of their childhood and they all are great people but each have different levels of social disfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    lol, I never got this. Especially in the early years school has less to do with learning facts and more to do with socialization and learning to function in the group.

I know several people that were homeschooled for significant chunks of their childhood and they all are great people but each have different levels of social disfunction.
    But snowflakes are above socialization, no?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    So I guess in the image on the right, the stools represent funding from the government, with the shorter stool on the left representing the lesser funding the private school students receive? Yeah for equity!
    Remember, before it was about equal opportunity. Now its about catering to the lowest common denominator.

My mother has been an elementary school teacher for 15 years. Its awful, she says I can't even begin to imagine the differences from when I was growing up.

If I ever have kids, she's said she'd be willing to either personally homeschool them, or providing funding for private education. I can tell you right now, I'd never let my theoretical kids be put into such an ideologically driven system.

Utter fucking madness.

Madness is confusong rationality with ideology.

My wife is a teacher, no issues. Her mom has been a principle for 12 years and a teacher for many more. No issues either. Your mom might need to step back and have a look around.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    I'd never let my theoretical kids be put into such an ideologically driven system.
    That rules out private school then. Homeschooling it would have to be.

So I guess in the image on the right, the stools represent funding from the government, with the shorter stool on the left representing the lesser funding the private school students receive? Yeah for equity!
    If you think there’s equity now why would you send your kids to private school? The outcomes would be the same and you’d save a lot of money?

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    If you think there’s equity now why would you send your kids to private school? The outcomes would be the same and you’d save a lot of money?
    Haha.

Also just found out, as far as education goes canada is consistently in the top 10 and in the more rounded pisa evaluation we were third in the world. Drill and kill countries beat us on some math ans science, but our students have greater deep understanding and beat them with out of the box thinking tasks, like stem and real world application. Last year japan sent over experts to study our system.

Not what i expected.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Well, no, that's what I was getting at - there isn't equity, which is why I referred to the one stool being shorter. That's been the whole point of this. My children receive less funding from the gov't than other students... hence being represented by the shorter stool... I thought that was clear.

Jesus. Did you go to public school or something?

Well, no, that's what I was getting at - there isn't equity, which is why I referred to the one stool being shorter. That's been the whole point of this. My children receive less funding from the gov't than other students... hence being represented by the shorter stool... I thought that was clear.

Jesus. Did you go to public school or something?
    Your the one that missed the point not him. that what makes these kind of posts really funny.

your not going to give a billionaire social assistance payments.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 02-26-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Your the one that missed the point not him. that what makes these kind of posts really funny.

your not going to give a billionaire social assistance payments.
    What's up with you? One can go back even as little as 8 months ago and your sentence structure, grammar and spelling were much, much better. If it's laziness or deliberate, then it cheapens the message you're trying to get across. If it's something else, then you need to get some help unless you already have and it's now a permanent condition.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I'd hate for you to find out how much this happens across all businesses. From straight dollars to tax breaks and incentives, tons of tax dollars goes towards private businesses, including mine.
    Yep. This is why I am somewhat sympathetic to the Flames and their arena situation as a lot of people think it’s only greedy professional sports teams that get taxpayer money.

My Ride
    Silverado

At that rate, if all 34,754 kids in private school hypothetically switched to public school, it would cost the province $117 million more this year. That's above and beyond what it's currently paying to fund both systems' operations, and not including capital costs to build all the new schools that would be required.

http://www.cbc.ca/1.4553955

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    At that rate, if all 34,754 kids in private school hypothetically switched to public school, it would cost the province $117 million more this year. That's above and beyond what it's currently paying to fund both systems' operations, and not including capital costs to build all the new schools that would be required.

http://www.cbc.ca/1.4553955
    Tbey wont switch. They will just write a bigger check because they think there snowflakes are too good for the rest of the province.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6