Quantcast
Vacation Suggestions with a 5 month old baby - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Suggestions with a 5 month old baby

Default Vacation Suggestions with a 5 month old baby

Would like to take the wife to an all inclusive vacation for her birthday in mid March and would be bringing our 5 month old baby with us.

Anyone ever vacationed with their young baby and have any recommendations for specific resorts? Would like to keep it around 1200 per person for either 5 or 7 days if possible. Ideally would like to go to Cancun but i think PV area may be more do-able in our price range.

Let me know if you have any suggestions! thanks in advance

My Ride
    changes every year

Anywhere you can drive home quick. Everyone is different, but even my 7 year old(at the time) on the plane had some serious ear pressure issues and was in terrible pain for a whole day.

IMO I absolutely can't stand having a young baby on board a long flight, I've never had good experiences. I can't tell you where to go, but good luck man.

My Ride
    ute

::shudder::

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

With a kid that young, you won't be making use of any of the kid friendly amenities, so you could go to a more adult oriented resort if you don't mind the other guests hating you.
    Mexicans love babies, so the staff will love you everywhere.

Babies on planes are very hit or miss. When it goes wrong, it goes very wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

The best trip is wherever the grandparents are going.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I’ve never understood this... the kid is too young to remember anything, you won’t be able to unwind fully, you will fully disturb the general public around you that are also trying to relax. Why not just dump the kid off with in laws? Get a real vacation

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I’ve never understood this... the kid is too young to remember anything, you won’t be able to unwind fully, you will fully disturb the general public around you that are also trying to relax. Why not just dump the kid off with in laws? Get a real vacation
    At 5 months of age, yupp, you'd be dumping the kid off.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    At 5 months of age, yupp, you'd be dumping the kid off.
    I’m just going to assume this is sarcasm...

If the kid is on formula, I don’t see an issue here... what’s more neglectful? Kid spending the week with grandma and grandpa? Or a 5 month old immune system on an airplane, and in a second or third world country?

Baby is still breastfeeding and even then we don’t want to leave him for a week this young. He’s actually a pretty good baby and doesn’t cry much. He has been in an airplane already when he was 15 days old so I’m not too worried about the flying part.

Mostly just want a place that isn’t too much of a party resort, kids wading pool, good food. Did some preliminary searching and looks like we have to increase budget to 1500 for a decent place

My Ride
    rally pig

Our baby is due in May and we already have flight and hotel booked for Hawaii in October.
    At that young of age, the baby will not remember anything so just pick a resort that you and your wife wants to go.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    Our baby is due in May and we already have flight and hotel booked for Hawaii in October.
    At that young of age, the baby will not remember anything so just pick a resort that you and your wife wants to go.
    your first?

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    your first?
    yes our first

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Congrats, enjoy it, and don't let anyone else tell you what's right for your family.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Baby is still breastfeeding and even then we don’t want to leave him for a week this young. He’s actually a pretty good baby and doesn’t cry much. He has been in an airplane already when he was 15 days old so I’m not too worried about the flying part.

Mostly just want a place that isn’t too much of a party resort, kids wading pool, good food. Did some preliminary searching and looks like we have to increase budget to 1500 for a decent place
    If you're looking for vacation spots with good food, why on earth would you go to all inclusive? I've been to a couple, one of which was an expensive one that had high ratings, and the food was all garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I’m just going to assume this is sarcasm...

If the kid is on formula, I don’t see an issue here... what’s more neglectful? Kid spending the week with grandma and grandpa? Or a 5 month old immune system on an airplane, and in a second or third world country?
    Not sarcasm. I'm not at the grandparent point in my life yet but taking care of a 5 month old is a whole different thing than a toddler.
    Last edited by speedog; 02-19-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

5 month olds are easy to travel with, it’s 2 year olds that are the real bastards.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

We just got back from Dreams Huatulco with our 4 and 2 year old. Its exactly what you described you are looking for.

I kinda agree with the other posters. 5 months is probably a perfect age to fly with. They are small, light and generally agreeable on the plane. Try rocking a cranky 2 year old for 6 hours straight on a 8pm to 2am flight. Not fun.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Fwp
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    If you're looking for vacation spots with good food, why on earth would you go to all inclusive? I've been to a couple, one of which was an expensive one that had high ratings, and the food was all garbage
    from reading reviews, some Mexican AI resorts do actually have decent food. Even the 3 star party resort i went to in Cabo last year was not bad considering it was all inclusive. i'm not looking for michelin star type of food, but just want a resort that has a lot of options and won't be sick of it by the 3rd day. i have heard that Dominican and Cuba is horrible for food, so that's why we are aiming for mexico.

Which resort did you go to so that had garbage food so that i can be sure to avoid it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thinmyster View Post
    We just got back from Dreams Huatulco with our 4 and 2 year old. Its exactly what you described you are looking for.

I kinda agree with the other posters. 5 months is probably a perfect age to fly with. They are small, light and generally agreeable on the plane. Try rocking a cranky 2 year old for 6 hours straight on a 8pm to 2am flight. Not fun.
    i tend to agree... many of my parent friends have told me about the sweet spot between 4-10 months where it's a good time to fly. Once they get too old/big it's rough i hear.

thanks for the tip on Dreams Huatulco, will take a look!

also just realized that March is spring break time... will be crucial to pick a resort that isn't known for partying. Funny how about 5 years ago we would have been looking for the exact opposite

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

We went to PV last Aug when our little one was 7 months old. It was his first plane trip and he was actually quite the relaxed little bugger even in the summer heat. It was the 3.5 y/o daughter that whined every single day and refused to sleep on the plane even though she even said she was tired. She had flown a handful of times before too so it wasn't like it was her first time flying.

Anyway, we stayed at a 4.5 star AI with direct access to the beach. The place was called Sunset Plaza (https://www.hotelsunsetplaza.com/en) and was a newly renovated facility right in the heart of PV (not north into Nuevo Vallarta). Within walking distance to everything too! The building itself was only some 12 stories tall with some 8 units per floor (all with full kitchens but we opted for the AI package) so fairly small resort, and 100% of the rooms directly faced the ocean. Our 10th floor suite had better views than even our honeymoon suite some 8 yrs ago to St. Lucia and for less money! The food was absolutely amazing too (before kids, we were self-proclaimed foodies). The best part, FREE (no hidden costs) room service!!! I did tip well though. We had many meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) directly on our balcony while watching the beach festivities either starting up or watching the sunset directly in front of us. We stayed in a full suite, which costed about $5,000 (taxes in) for all flights, full AI, on our full week there. But they had the standard rooms (still directly ocean front) for $3,500 taxes in. Keep in mind, there were 3 flight tickets for us, so OP I'm sure you can easily get under your $1,500/person all in price. Now that I'm reminded of it, I think I might start looking into returning for another trip there! By the way, we met a few families there who were there on their 3rd, even up to 5th trip to the same place (and these are ones WITHOUT a timeshare)!

Here are a photos from the balcony:
    Name:  20170808_125229.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  71.5 KB
    Name:  20170806_105827.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  57.9 KB
    Name:  20170805_202414.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  51.3 KB
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 02-20-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast