Quantcast
Mexico - Cancun or Riviera Maya? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Mexico - Cancun or Riviera Maya?

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hate to be negative but we thought the Moon Palace was pretty bad - Pools were great because there is no swimable ocean. All of the food was pretty awful and although you can go to the front of the property and move between the buildings via bus ($$Grand/Nuzik/Sunrise) the food was all pretty bland and repetitive. Also we waited in lines for every single restaurant every single meal - First time that ever happened to me at an all inclusive. We went in July last year and were really surprised how busy the resort was (lots of locals too)- You can definitely go to Beach Palace (no shuttle included, we rented a car) but again there is a ton of seawood on the beach. We checked out the beaches in Playa Del carmen, Tulum, Playa Mujeres and also the Beach Palace and we could not escape the seaweed. It's unfortunate because I have enjoyed trips to Cancun in the past but being that we hold nice beaches in high regard we will forego visiting Cancun for a little while.
    We are at the Grand Moon and I agree with your post.
    They have good facilities but the food is so bland . We didn't have to wait in line for food that is a good thing because it is not at all worth it.

Still here and I agree with both of you, facilities are great but most of the restaurants are pretty bland, so far the Italian in Sunrise and the Mexican in Nizuc has the better food. We waited in line for about 15 minutes to eat at the Gondola but that was it, everywhere else we walked in. Seaweed is still a big issue so we took a cab to Beach Palace and used the beach there. On a side note, I saw someone in Calgary Flames shorts was that you Ganesh?

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by Clever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still here and I agree with both of you, facilities are great but most of the restaurants are pretty bland, so far the Italian in Sunrise and the Mexican in Nizuc has the better food. We waited in line for about 15 minutes to eat at the Gondola but that was it, everywhere else we walked in. Seaweed is still a big issue so we took a cab to Beach Palace and used the beach there. On a side note, I saw someone in Calgary Flames shorts was that you Ganesh?
    No it wasn't me . I am a leafs fan
    It was our family friend who was wearing the flames shorts.
    We went to the Mexican restaurant at Niziuc and we didn't like the food.
    We were able to get a reservation (That is a separate story ) at JC steak House at Grand and that food was good. Other than that the Lebanese place and the Fusion Asian restaurant at Grand are OK.
    Last edited by ganesh; 07-22-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3