Quantcast
20% PST on luxury vehicles in BC Effective April 1 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 20% PST on luxury vehicles in BC Effective April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really know what you're rambling about.

Anyway, we are only liable because some force us to be. How long do we continue to be liable and give more and more money to this never ending disaster? My answer to the matter is if you want to continuously burn your money to cause further destruction, then go ahead and do so. Just don't force me to pay.
    I’m not going to bother arguing about the proven link of abuse leading to more abuse on a generational level, but I’d suggest that while there are still people alive who were forced into being literally fucked due to the government, it might be a little too early to wipe our hands clean of the whole thing

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    I’m not going to bother arguing about the proven link of abuse leading to more abuse on a generational level, but I’d suggest that while there are still people alive who were forced into being literally fucked due to the government, it might be a little too early to wipe our hands clean of the whole thing
    Ummmm, this was a conversation about insane taxes from the Communist led People's Republic of British Columiastan. Please keep racial discussions elsewhere.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Ya, I'll give you that.

I'm wondering if they have a lawsuit against the catholic church.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Ummmm, this was a conversation about insane taxes from the Communist led People's Republic of British Columiastan. Please keep racial discussions elsewhere.
    It's part and parcel of the same thing. Mainly referring to what's in that budget in regards to aboriginals.

My Ride
    Z

would you go up to any other nationality and say you’ve decided they should have no connection to their heritage? Good luck with that

And being a Canadian citizen is a two way street, we both benefit from and are liable for Canada’s actions. So while you enjoy the rights and amenities Canada defends and provides, you also have to pay for those things as well as paying for the mistakes. Should you feel guilty? Absolutely not. Should you pay for restitution the same way you pay for everything else in Canada? Yes.

And Canada is liable, both for forcefully removing them and, as born out in many investigations, ignoring what the Catholic Church was doing.
    Do the Japanese pay restitution to the Ainu?
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    Ya, I'll give you that.

I'm wondering if they have a lawsuit against the catholic church.
    A shitload. Google “native Canadian lawsuit Catholic Church”

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    Do the Japanese pay restitution to the Ainu?
    Whether they do or don’t, what would it change?

My Ride
    Z

they don't and we shouldn't. They're far better off for being assimilated. Just saying. They had nearly the exact situation we did.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

As a Chinese guy, I’m still waiting for my free tickets on CP rail luxury tours for what they put us through building the railroads.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    As a Chinese guy, I’m still waiting for my free tickets on CP rail luxury tours for what they put us through building the railroads.
    You mean a Heritage Minute wasn’t enough?

No pleasing some people.

My Ride
    G6

As far as the indigenous languages, they’re only archaic because Canada sent native children to be “re-educated”, which ended up including beating and raping them if they used the “archaic” language. So there’s kind of a connection
    Well said... the languages are indeed archaic. Not sure I'd be happy with any taxpayer dollars going towards that nonsense. French being our second language is already pointless enough. Can you imagine if we try to have like 5-6 Indian languages recognized as "official languages" too? Gross! With Trudeau, that wouldn't surprise me.

And being a Canadian citizen is a two way street, we both benefit from and are liable for Canada’s actions. So while you enjoy the rights and amenities Canada defends and provides, you also have to pay for those things as well as paying for the mistakes. Should you feel guilty? Absolutely not. Should you pay for restitution the same way you pay for everything else in Canada? Yes.
    Restitution? Lol tell that to every country that's ever won a war. To be clear, I don't believe Canada should pay a dollar or dish out any additional rights for "taking their land." The residential school thing is a different issue which I believe individual Indians should be able to take to court on a case by case basis. No different than anyone else who harms another person being liable.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feruk View Post
    Well said... the languages are indeed archaic. Not sure I'd be happy with any taxpayer dollars going towards that nonsense. French being our second language is already pointless enough. Can you imagine if we try to have like 5-6 Indian languages recognized as "official languages" too? Gross! With Trudeau, that wouldn't surprise me.

Restitution? Lol tell that to every country that's ever won a war. To be clear, I don't believe Canada should pay a dollar or dish out any additional rights for "taking their land." The residential school thing is a different issue which I believe individual Indians should be able to take to court on a case by case basis. No different than anyone else who harms another person being liable.
    The entire point of the various treaties and deals with natives is to avoid case by case lawsuits as its far more expensive. Not only are you paying out that person but you’re paying two sets of lawyers for multiple appeals. I’m sure it’s easy to imagine NDP leaders sitting around a sharing circle planning on ways to give out gifts to special interest groups for no reason, but don’t you guys ever wonder why even under Conservative governments these programs keep expanding? It’s because it’s actually cheaper. So they go slap a fake smile on and announce another new plan of inclusiveness and love

Or basically what sugarphreak says. Pay them out to keep things quiet

if you don’t work you’d have no way of qualifying for daycare. I’ve yet to see anyone qualify while not working

As far as the indigenous languages, they’re only archaic because Canada sent native children to be “re-educated”, which ended up including beating and raping them if they used the “archaic” language. So there’s kind of a connection
    $1250 a month is pretty standard for licensed day care in Vancouver so I doubt there’ll be much leftover. There’s no specifics about how much they will be paying for unlicensed operations but when they say “partial” I imagine they won’t be going above and beyond as they’ve pegged the licensed care at roughly the exact level. I’m not sure about places with cheaper daycare like in the interior but the “up to $1250 or the full cost” makes it seem like they’ll just be working off whatever costs are forwarded via billing
    A) Archaic language because everything evolves. Are Mexicans going to start mantaining their Aztec languages?! Doubtful.
    B) If you're making low income, you sure as shit aren't spending that $1250 on child care.
    C) With your replies in this thread, what institution have you made a career as a permanent student?
    - - - Updated - - -

As a white guy who identifies as a Chinese guy (cheap and likes JDM cars), I'm waiting for this too!
    Last edited by mr2mike; 02-23-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    A) Archaic language because everything evolves. Are Mexicans going to start mantaining their Aztec languages?! Doubtful.
    B) If you're making low income, you sure as shit aren't spending that $1250 on child care.
    C) With your replies in this thread, what institution have you made a career as a permanent student?
    A) Aztecs haven’t been around for a long time. Native languages are still spoken by some that were able to evade the government, and would have been spoken by the rest of it wasn’t for the previously mentioned beatings, rapes and murders that were used specifically to stop them from speaking that language. People that are alive today

B) if they don’t put their kids in day care how will they get money for daycare? Look at the language of the announcements, all monies being discussed are “up to” the cost and based on licensing. They’re not just handing everyone $1250 regardless of if it’s going to childcare or not

C) Cute. I’m a foreman in commercial construction in Vancouver. Previously I’ve worked in Calgary both construction and engineering as a drafter. I’ve seen how “hard” you guys “work”, so I take all of your claims of being hard working responsible adults with a dose of skepticism. I know there are many who do work hard, but there are also a lot who don’t even understand the concept of hard work and think just showing up is an accomplishment, and in Alberta that’s often handsomely rewarded. I won’t judge anyone I don’t know personally, but I do find it suspicious that when I worked in Calgary I was on Beyond all day, and once I moved back to BC I’m only around once in a blue moon when slow weeks like this week come up, while many here spend almost every work day complaining about poor people
    Last edited by Antonito; 02-23-2018 at 10:15 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Not directed at you or this topic but I have a problem with whataboutidm and it is starting to become a pet peeve of mine. Using that term to invalidate an argument is illogical because often the points made are made to be closely related examples which have some validity; much like how our legal system works with precedent, and much how we have been culturally conditioned for fairness.

I would coin a new term of 'tunnel argument' as the opposite of whataboutism which is what anyone ignoring everything but a narrow/focused view of the issue at hand is doing.

Help me out here because I'm fucking confused - what exactly was this thread about?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Shit, all of China will be over here taking advantage of free rides.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    So many dots here... and so little connecting going on, lol
    He's a foreman, they don't do the connecting.
    Will fuck off, again.

Did you actually have direct relatives (blood line ancestors) that built the railroads here, serious question.
    Will fuck off, again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast